RS is out of top 100 again - Page 4

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by neha.sharma

see what a zor ka jhatka imagine has got after ending old established shows😆
5 soaps gkd RS aarakshan pmmka and kmh2 are out of top 100😲
[DIV]
The worst trps of the old show was better than best trp of this lot

None of the 'old established' shows had to compete w/ the World Cup - all of them started after the last one.  It would have been interesting to see how Bandini or Jyoti would have held up against them.  Besides, towards its end, Bandini was out of the top 100 as well, while GkD, RS and BAVD were in it.  In fact, wonder how they did against the IPL?

RS slid after losing its 10pm time slot.  Not sure whether they'll put it back, but the new replacements look like crap.  At any rate, as VS notes, when you have matches running on until 10pm, people are not going to watch their daily soaps, even in matches where India ain't involved.
imagine trps have slid badly in last two months even srk could not get viewers. Cricket is not to be blamed surely for the debacle of each and every imagine show over the past two months? 😆
Is cricket a recent invention? ðŸ˜‰
I dont recall previous imagine trp charts being so dismal or so many soaps crashing out of top 100 during previous cricketing seasons ?
someone correct me if I'M wrong BUT previous imagine toppers definitely held their own against the most cliffhanger cricket matches?
whats changed now? 
Hahahah rofl Bandini was in top 10 for 3 weeks during IPL :P Check your facts right people :P
And talking about world cup it was AGAIN in top 10 during SOCCER WORLD CUP :P
*check your facts again people* :P

talking about trp its like its imagine got zor ka jhatka, trp lutne ka phatka, kisi ko muh na dikha pane ka chaska :P hahahaha
I only started watching Imagine in 2008, when the Ramayan was showing, so I don't know whether programs held their own, say, during the 2007 world cup.  Plus, since this year the matches are in India and most of them are D/N, they're impacting the shows greatly.  Whereas a live telecast from the West Indies in 2007 would have been an overnight telecast, not a prime time one.

Even the IPL has been eroding the trps of most shows when it was on.  Or wasn't it?

P.S.  Cricket is waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy more popular than soccer!
Edited by _Vrish_ - 13 years ago
well cricket might be one reason but it can't be the only reason for shows to perform badly...

talking about 2007, i think Imagine started only from 2008 in jan. i don't think the channel was there in 2007
Edited by vik rocks - 13 years ago
When a channel flounders due to wrong decisions and irrevocable follies its easy to play the blame game and pass the buck onto cricket the weather and an array of other extraneous factors😊
while some decrease in trp is possible due to a cricketing extravaganza
such a steady and unmistakable decline is not easy to overlook🤔
How have the sitcoms on other channels been doing?
Originally posted by _Vrish_

Maybe having that crappy track in RS wasn't such a bad idea after all - in fact, they could have dragged it on until the IPL ended.  Only problem - by then, no viewers would have been left

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

u really made me rofl 😆
Edited by --jas-- - 13 years ago
well colors and other top channels do have 99% of their shows IN the top 100 at least cricket and other what have yous not withstanding😃
and the average trps of their top  shows vary between 3 and 4 even during the most hectic of sporting seasons
although its unfair to compare imagine (which is a weak channel no doubts on that one )🤓
still this kind of a trp chart is REALLY inexplicable😲