•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago
'Ghost' Actor Dies

HOLLYWOOD - Actor Vincent Schiavelli, who appeared in a multitude of films, has died at his home in Sicily, The Associated Press reports. He was 57.
According to Salvatore Glorioso, the mayor of the Sicilian village in which Schiavelli resided, the actor died of lung cancer.

Schiavelli, arguably most famous for his supporting roles in Ghost and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, had one of the most recognizable faces in cinema.

Another of his more notable roles was as science teacher Mr. Vargas in Fast Times at Ridgemont High. The late Lana Clarkson played Mrs. Vargas in the 1982 film.

But it was darker, more gloomy roles, like that of Schiavelli's trademark Ghost performance—credited as "Subway Ghost"—that led to his numerous supporting roles. He was named one of America's best character actors in a 1997 issue of Vanity Fair magazine.

"He was a great friend, a great chef and a great talker," Glorioso, who had known Schiavelli for almost four years, said in a telephone interview.

"With a smooth, witty conversation, he would make everything look more colorful. I've lost a brother," he added.

Glorioso told AP a funeral service would be held in the actor's village on Tuesday.

Source: Hollywood
may he rest in peace 😭 😭

well i saw ghost i feel sad

for the guy.he was good in

the ghost.small role but good one 😭

pink😭

Aww.. that's so sad..thanx for sharing.