MichaelJackson-The King Of Pop....6th fanclub - Page 6

Posted: 13 years ago
Later years

In 2004, Michael Jackson's custom-designed car, a Bentley Arnage Red Label Turbo, is sold at an auction benefiting the singer's "Go For Your Dreams" foundation; the automobile served to drive to Jackson's Neverland Ranch the host of stars that recorded the "What More Can I Give" charity single in 2001, in appreciation for their involvement in the benefit project.

On September 17, 2004, during his latest child-abuse pre-trial appearances (the singer being absolved of all counts of misconduct later in 2005), he welcomes a large group of supporters to the restaurant "Epiphany" in Boston, Massachusetts, while ordering pizzas for each individual, in appreciation for their enduring commitment to him.

On December 17, 2004, Michael Jackson invites approximately 200 people - children and their families from 6 special centers, among which churches, church schools etc - at his residence in California, and reiterates previous statements regarding the access of families, as well as tourists around the world, welcomed to spend time and tour Neverland; he also greets the gathering families and verbally addresses them holiday wishes. Jackson's spokesperson at the time, Raymone Bain, also present at the event, says that it was not an out-of-the-ordinary event at Neverland (as previously shown): "[…] And at least 2 to 4 times a month, organizations are allowed to come here. And, since this was the last part of the holidays, he decided he would surprise the kids by doing so and they're very happy about that". The event was an annual Christmas festivity, where hundreds of inner-city and underprivileged children and adults spent their time exploring the surroundings and the singer's ranch, riding on attractions, snacking on food and drinks, watching movies and playing in a two-story arcade, all of these being provided free-of-charge by Michael Jackson, and, often, even during his absence there.
During his trial (in 2005), Jackson and his parents allow a visit from fans at his home and inside of it, the admirers remaining impressed by the manifested generosity given the circumstances.

In January, 2006, while living for a year in Bahrain, the singer has been in talks with Bahraini corporation, "AAJ Holdings", over a series of potential projects in the Saudi-Arabian Gulf, varying from music academies to theme parks, with hopes to achieve city and urban evolution.

On March 8, 2007, the pop star revisits Tokyo, Japan for several "fan appreciation events", where he first attends a V.I.P. gala as guest of honor, amid a total of 400 admirers, impersonators and business people, as well as over 100 orphans and challenged children and adults, the deprived being given complimentary tickets by Jackson to attend the event; he also appears on stage to read an appreciation statement to the audience and to emphasize that he would neither change his career path, nor would he nurse bitterness over his lifelong succession of difficulties, despite "deliberate attempts [of "some"] to hurt me", moreover, adds: "I take it in stride because I have a loving family, a strong faith and wonderful friends and fans who have, and continue, to support me"; he poses for pictures with the guests, and signs autographs and acknowledges the assembled children. A day later, he also attends a larger festivity directed at his main fan base and for those not affording high – priced tickets, where more than 1,000 people assembled at a popular night club.
On March 10, 2007, Jackson greets approximately 3,000 U.S. forces personnel and their family members at Camp Zama, a U.S. army base in Tokyo, shakes hands with some of its members, then holds a brief speech in recognition for their sacrificial services in favor of freedom. The singer, subsequently, attends a ceremony at the respective camp in honor of a member being promoted at the time.

On November 8, 2007, the pop star participates at Reverend Jesse Jackson's birthday celebration, the event also being a fundraiser.

On occasion of a charitable party held in Devon, England (where members of the Jackson family, - including Michael Jackson, shortly, via telephone - , participated), on June 8, 2008, among additional financially-valuable items, 6,000 pounds are raised through an auction of Jackson memorabilia, including the singer's white fedora, (worn in one of his videos) signed by himself.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVmBa7SVPrM&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

On November 24, 1992, the Heal the World Foundation collaborated with AmeriCares to bring 43 tons of medication, blankets and winter clothes, totaling 2.1 million dollars, to war-torn Sarjajevo. The resources were allocated under the supervision of the United Nations. In December of the same year, Heal the World foundation assisted in airlifting additional relief supplies to the children of Bosnia, in association with Operation Christmas Child. The foundation transported 30,000 "shoebox gifts" of toys, school items, photographs, and inspirational letters collected by UK schoolchildren.
Michael Jackson meets Nelson Mandela in Cape Town on March 25th 1999, to discuss the charity concerts Michael was going to peform in Munich and Seoul where the proceeds would go to Nelson Mandela's children's charity.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R3FgZ3OP_A&playnext=1&list=PLC86EDC9F982F3F8B[/YOUTUBE]
Saul Williams: "Michael Jackson Paid My Way Through College"

Saul Williams: "Like so many others, Michael Jackson was my first and biggest inspiration. I own an actual trunk of memorabilia all bought with my allowance money. My mother, who was kind enough to make me a glove and hem my pant legs into floods, let my older sister and I stay out all night, standing in line for tickets to his 1984 Victory Tour. Years later, when I was in college, my freshman year creative writing teacher submitted an essay I wrote for her class, without telling me anything about it, until she asked me to stay after class, weeks later, and handed me a letter which read:
Dear Saul Williams,
You have been awarded the Michael Jackson Scholarship for performing arts students, taken from the 25 million dollars Michael gave to the United Negro College Fund from the proceeds of his 1984 Victory Tour.
As a result of that, I can proudly say that Michael Jackson paid my way through college.

September 14, 1990: The Council of the American Scouts honors Michael with the first "Good Scout Humanitarian Award". Michael receives this award for his humanitarian activities by supporting the Make A Wish Foundation, the Prince's Trust, the United Negro College Fund and Childhelp USA.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2Aqj9RrDQg[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFeQ-UE1e30&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]