MichaelJackson-The King Of Pop....6th fanclub - Page 7

Posted: 13 years ago
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En5Q4syywcw&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]
so i hope you all remember the story i told you about the woman who came to the movie theatre i worked at , and stayed to see THIS IS IT twice in one day because she was about to have an operation that might leave her blind....

well the same woman came in to watch THIS IS IT again today. and my coworkers and i noticed that she'd actually been coming in all week. my coworker said that she's seen the movie twice in a row, this whole week. and here she was again. i was curious to see how she was doing, so while i was seating /standing around she called me over and asked if i could get her a cup of water so i did. when i came back in she asked me if i would listen to her story, so i said of course.

turns out, she has a brain tumor and it isn't operable anymore and her doctor told her she would be blind by the end of this year. i was feeling so helpless just sitting there, and didn't really know what to say. so i asked her about her relationship with MJ, and she said "i'm so glad you asked! you all must think i'm nuts coming in to see this film everyday!" and i told her "oh no, we don't. i love michael, i'd see it everyday too if i had the time! it's a great testament to his everlasting talent" and she agreed. then she started to whisper and said "i'm not just here to see him perform, it's because i MET him and i miss him very much." so i was intrigued obviously, so i asked her to tell me the story!

she said she was a single mother with five children in the late 80's/90's and michael was her favorite musician. she started becoming ill in the 90's Dangerous era im guessing. she felt like writing him a fan letter telling him how much she loves him and explained how much he helps her feel better even though she doesn't get better. she also sent him a holiday card that year as well. a few months later she received a letter back from MJ! basically saying how much he appreciated her writing/loved her too/his thoughts are with her. then about 6 months afterwards, she received a call from the Jackson camp asking her permission for a visit from Michael soon. she of course said YES. ( i was like flipping out @ this , because MJ would do something like this!) about a week later she was washing dishes when there was furious knocking at her door. it startled her and ran to the front door, and heard Michael saying "Let me in quickly so they won't find me here!". She opened the door and found the King at her doorstep, and welcomed him in. They sat and talked , and he played for about 30min with her youngest children. She gave him a huge hug and thanked him for visiting her. Then Michael told her that he is having a delivery truck come with a new refrigerator and groceries for her.
This is about MJ's trip to west Africa I think Gabon
Because he is well known for his humanity and philanthrophy, tour organizer Charles Bobbit reflected on the Affrican tour and said: "I was impressed with the interaction between Michael and the children. He sat on the bed with children who were deformed and children that were ill... He sat there and talked to them, hugged, cuddled them. He shook hands and did not wear a surgical mask like he does sometimes in America... That qualifies him as a role model for children--his deeds and not his looks."
More about gabon

In French-speaking, oil- and mineralrich Gabon, he received the West African nations Medal of Honor from President Omar Bongo, who was the official host of the performer's "Come Back To Eden" tour.

President Bongo told Jackson that he was the first entertainer to ever receive the medal, which until then has been given only to heads of states and highranking diplomats and dignitaries--including Nelson Mandela.
As host of the tour, President Bongo appointed his daughter, Pasoaline Bongo, the nation's foreign Minister, and his son, Ali Bongo, to coordinate the tour along with Charles Bobbit, a consultant to the president, who initiated the idea for Jacksons visit.

Jackson agreed to go on the non-performing tour with the stipulation that his priority was his "desire to visit orphanages, children's hospitals, churches, schools and playgrounds."
Omg pavi!!!!!!what did u do?!!!!!Waohhh!!!Thats just incredibly amazing.Omg now its 12:54AM i gotta go.But would read each n every article.OMG hats off.I bow down!!!
thanks mishti.everyone should read it.its sad how the media never reports all the wonderful things he did  through out his life.it was not a one time charity thing he did,he dedicated himself to help people in a way no entertainer ever did.

Edited by mj_applehead - 13 years ago
^hey incredible pics.WOw loved the quality of the pics.Hey those are some sweet moments,look at that sweet innocent smile.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nrAxzdkYPY[/YOUTUBE]