Book Talk

help me with some books for teenage reading

karti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
My 13 year old nephew doesn't like to read books. Can you suggest me some books that will get him in the habit of reading.
I got him HP book but since he has watched the movies he was not much interested in reading through them more so  because of their huge size.
Sometime he picks a book that I am reading but most often won't finish them.
Is it the same with all boys since very rare I found them talking about books and all whereas my niece is always glued to one book or other.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aishwaryagayen thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
ok books for boys i kind of typical to suggest i mean i never got an idea what will they luv to read might be some erotica but he is a kid so dont thnk abt tht then mm i think u shd give him some comics to go for or u can suggest him who moved my cheese its a good humourous read with characters but a philosophy hidden there
i really dont know what to sugest for 13 yr old boy well u cn give him some slight romance like love story of erich saegal but yeah boys arnt sophisticated

well give him a translated version of the three musketeers i hope he will enjoy tht but a translated short version okkk
-KimSungHyun- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm mayb meg cabot books mayb
thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Get him Hardy Boys or something. Adventurous ones, boys are usually less mature than girls at 13, am 14 and I totally know that. So maybe, beginning with adventure and all of the thrilling issues would be a nice idea.

Hope it helps. 😊
Wrackspurt thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Aflred Hitchcock , Hardy Boys, umm u can give him comic books too like Archies, and Asterix, Tintin ......he might also like classic books like Tom Sawyer, Moby Dick, Charles Dickens.
Edited by mysticwater24 - 13 years ago
karti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks for your help
Will try with some Hardy Boys books.

diya_1987 thumbnail
Thats right you should definitely try Hardy Boy for him....my brother is also 13 and loves them
whatsername thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Why dont you try Horrible Science/Horrible History series.

Its not story books but its very fun and informative. Will be speically appealing to him if he likes science or history or geography even.

If you are looking for novels, here's a few that hv proved to be a hit with my lil brother who is also thirdteen

1) Curious Incident of a dog at the nite time
> good for both adults and young.. absolutely briliant this book. Unputdownable.

2) The boy in striped pajamas
> Again, absolutely brilliant

3) Diary of A wimpy kid (series)
>your nephew will prbly like this one  too .cz its  funny, and its about a young boy so he mite relate to that

4) Billinaire boy
- sweet story .. very readable and boyish

5) Diary of a young girl
- if your nephew is abit matured I think he would enjoy Anne frank's dairy of a young girl. 

6) Alchemist  
- some of my 13/14 yr old cousins have absolutely loved this book... quite inspirational.

Thats all i can think for now. Hope it helps.  
Edited by whatsername - 13 years ago
AnotherMiracle thumbnail
Yes my brother isnt into reading much. But he loves Horrid Henry ...i know its a bit childish and diary of a wimpy kid.
GEhsaas thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Diary Of a Wimpy Kid..!!
I am Sure he is SO gonna love it ðŸ˜ƒ

Hardy Boys series

Famous Five or Secret Seven series