So you think you can kill your children?

Posted: 13 years ago
I heard about a suicide case yesterday. It was ofcourse all over the news . It sadly has become very common for people to suicide over the smallest of problem. But what was strange in this case? She killed her two children along with her. Okay, fine you think that you are in a huge problem, you are sad , in depression, abused etc etc. And you decide to kill yourself? Fine . Wrong choice according to me. But still fine. Your choice , but who gave any one even the mother right to end two innocent life? Who gave her the power to decide that it's too much for her kids too and hence they should die too by jumping from the building?
You want to end your life! Fine your choice but how does anyone gets to decide about anyone 's else life? And especially about a child's life , who might have a great future ahead.
So what do you guys think? Was it fair for the mother to kill her children too?
If someone doesn't know about this news , here's an article about it :
http://www.indiablooms.com/NewsDetailsPage/newsDetails080311j.php
Yes it happened in our country last year.A mother and her two children committed sucide because of the father's second marriage.I found it cruel.Sucide is your personal choice.But to provoke a 6 years old child to commit suicide is wrong.

I think mostly he/she feels people are driving him to commit suicide....certain circumstances, certain events are compelling him to end his life...their expectation is high.....cos they feel, life is not fulfilling their demands.. life is not fulfilling their lust, in anger, in despair, they destroy themselves. .bt they forget no life ever fulfills anybody's demands..the fact is nobody bothers that a person who cannot love themself cannot love anybody else either..cos if he/she cant love themself they cant grow....bt if a person who is about to end his/her life can be stopped even for two seconds too...😊

everythin has a reason and humans are the most  wierd when reasoning out things.
Oh, yes! I was reading the article about the Gupta woman in the newspaper this evening. 

At first, I found it really insane. She managed to throw her own kids down the building, that's incredulous! I read on and then your post, and now I realize - maybe she feared her kids would not be treated well once she is dead. People have their saturation points you know, beyond which they cannot afford to suffer more and this blinded the woman, here.

Regardless, killing the kids was the insane-most thing she could have done. But in impulse, she must have committed the debacle she did without calculating anything. Of course, we can expect this out of suicidal people. Sigh.
I think I can understand her apprehensions as a mother, but still, killing someone else (kid or otherwise), I really think it's wrong. No matter how big the problem is, suicide isn't the solution. It just goes on the prove how coward you are..
I think there were other ways to solve the problem. And anyway, whatever it is, killing oneself is wrong, and killing someone else is even more wrong.
Originally posted by .Doe.

I think I can understand her apprehensions as a mother, but still, killing someone else (kid or otherwise), I really think it's wrong. No matter how big the problem is, suicide isn't the solution. It just goes on the prove how coward you are..
I think there were other ways to solve the problem. And anyway, whatever it is, killing oneself is wrong, and killing someone else is even more wrong.
Suicide is usually an act of desperation and depression. Its often the last step that gets resorted to in order to escape whatever was causing the distress. As mentioned already the mother felt that her children would face a worse scenario in her absence as she felt that there would be no one to take care of them. If she was attempting to get away from the torture that her life had become how could she leave her kids behind to face that torture all by themselves?
When we say right or wrong it is from our own point of view. It may not correspond to the victim's point of view.
I think its completely insane...if you cant handle them..so somebody else will..

but if somebody is doing such thing...then definitely we have to consider the mental trauma they might have gone through to take such a drastic step...as every parents love their children more than themseves
Originally posted by angie.4u

Suicide is usually an act of desperation and depression. Its often the last step that gets resorted to in order to escape whatever was causing the distress. As mentioned already the mother felt that her children would face a worse scenario in her absence as she felt that there would be no one to take care of them. If she was attempting to get away from the torture that her life had become how could she leave her kids behind to face that torture all by themselves?
When we say right or wrong it is from our own point of view. It may not correspond to the victim's point of view.

Obviously, whatever we say is our POV, that's why we post here, lolzzzz !

Suicide is the last step ? It was ! Nowadays, it's the first step. Teacher scolded you, so commit suicide. Failed in the exam, go commit suicide. Lol ! It's a fashion these days. I believe (that's just my opinion) that you would never face the troubles which you cannot handle. Troubles come according to the person's strengths. So I don't see suicide as a solution. & who is the mother to predict future ? For all the possibilities in the world, her children could have been taken care of. So she was wrong. Simply because one hasn't got the right to kill others, mother or otherwise. 
Originally posted by .Doe.

Obviously, whatever we say is our POV, that's why we post here, lolzzzz !

Suicide is the last step ? It was ! Nowadays, it's the first step. Teacher scolded you, so commit suicide. Failed in the exam, go commit suicide. Lol ! It's a fashion these days. I believe (that's just my opinion) that you would never face the troubles which you cannot handle. Troubles come according to the person's strengths. So I don't see suicide as a solution. & who is the mother to predict future ? For all the possibilities in the world, her children could have been taken care of. So she was wrong. Simply because one hasn't got the right to kill others, mother or otherwise. 
why do you think a person take this step?
Edited by zorrro - 13 years ago