So you think you can kill your children? - Page 2

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by .Doe.

Obviously, whatever we say is our POV, that's why we post here, lolzzzz !

Suicide is the last step ? It was ! Nowadays, it's the first step. Teacher scolded you, so commit suicide. Failed in the exam, go commit suicide. Lol ! It's a fashion these days. I believe (that's just my opinion) that you would never face the troubles which you cannot handle. Troubles come according to the person's strengths. So I don't see suicide as a solution. & who is the mother to predict future ? For all the possibilities in the world, her children could have been taken care of. So she was wrong. Simply because one hasn't got the right to kill others, mother or otherwise. 

Just as what we say is our POV what the mother did was as per her POV and she acted accordingly.

The wearer knows best where the shoe pinches . Its very easy  to pass judgement without knowing the full circumstances. You say the first step is suicide -for students who fail ! Thats a blatant generalisation. Not all students who fail commit suicide. The few that do get mentioned by the media, those that don't , never  get mentioned .

We also need to bear in mind that a person in depression or desperation  is unable to think rationally and is quite liable to act impulsively.

When you consider all possibilities you can very rightly say that the children could have been taken care of. The mother in  her state of mind under the circumstances she faced obviously did not think so. Had she felt that her husband or in laws with whom she was having trouble or even her own parents would look after her kids she would not have taken such a drastic step. She was in a better position to know her situation  than any of us here. Besides, the same yardstick cannot be applied to judge a normal person and one who may be under mental depression.

As for the question in the title – "so you think you can ?" - the irony is that she not only thought but actually did it !
Ok, did I anywhere say that ALL the students commit suicide when they fail ? No, I didn't. So there is no generalization..

So you say that killing the children was justified because it was her POV ?? Fine, tomorrow I'll kill all the politicians and say that I am justified because they are corrupt, lolzzz ! Will I be seen in the right light if I do so ?

I do agree that she must have been in some state of mind which only she can understand, and none of us.

So I am basically judging it the way I see it. And I think that there were other ways to solve the problem, with suicide not being a solution. That's just being coward. 
Originally posted by zorrro

why do you think a person take this step?

Because they are too coward to face the situation. 
Edited by .Doe. - 13 years ago

Ok, did I anywhere say that ALL the students commit suicide when they fail ? No, I didn't. So there is no generalization..

When you said that nowadays suicide is the first step and then went on to failed students commiting suicide it did appear like generalisation. Anyway, that has been cleared by you above.
So you say that killing the children was justified because it was her POV ??
No, I havent said , I only said that we shouldnt apply the same yardstick for judging people who may be under completely different circumstances.

Fine, tomorrow I'll kill all the politicians and say that I am justified because they are corrupt, lolzzz ! Will I be seen in the right light if I do so ?
Believe it or not Doe, if you do that,  you may be hailed as a redeemer by majority of the people😆
Our country would be better off without those scums. How the law see it could be another ball game.

I do agree that she must have been in some state of mind which only she can understand, and none of us.

So I am basically judging it the way I see it. And I think that there were other ways to solve the problem, with suicide not being a solution. That's just being coward. 
Of course there were other ways! I m not denying that. But there was no one available in her case to offer that solution to her when it was needed!

Because they are too coward to face the situation. 
To act courageously one needs to be in a calm state of mind. When the mind is full of chaotic thoughts it is very difficult to think straight. At such times even if one person had offered some sort of  support - be it a relative, her own parents, siblings, friend, neighbour - its possible that she wouldnt have panicked and taken that drastic step. Under normal situation no mother would want to harm her children.

Ok, sorry about that. When I said "nowadays", it's because we hear cases as those mentioned quite frequently. To some, yeah, it's become a fashion, which is sad. (I am not talking about this case though)..

Even if I am given a death sentence after killing all the politicians, I think it would be worth it, lol.

Anyways, you are right, the person can well understand what his/her position is when they take steps such as these. But then again, as you & I agree, there may have been other solutions as well. 
Originally posted by angie.4u

To act courageously one needs to be in a calm state of mind. When the mind is full of chaotic thoughts it is very difficult to think straight. At such times even if one person had offered some sort of  support - be it a relative, her own parents, siblings, friend, neighbour - its possible that she wouldnt have panicked and taken that drastic step. Under normal situation no mother would want to harm her children.

For all that we know, there might have been situations worse than this one. Not all go committing suicides. It's the easiest way to get out of a problem I guess. That's again my POV.
Btw, here, I was talking about the mother's suicide. Not her act of killing her children..I thought that's what the question about. "Why do people commit suicide ?"

If the question was about killing her children, then it must have been because she had her apprehensions. Well, she knows best. I'll leave it here..

Ok, sorry about that. When I said "nowadays", it's because we hear cases as those mentioned quite frequently. To some, yeah, it's become a fashion, which is sad. (I am not talking about this case though)..

No need to say sorry dear, I understood what you meant . Its just that theres nothing much to argue about these days on DM so ..well, ...nevermind, it was all in good fun 😆 
Nice to see a few new members here , or were you here earlier with a different ID ?
No dear, wasn't a regular member here, hehe 😆

I was just an on and off member. But well, yeah, IF is pretty boring these days, so I decided to hang around here. Quite interesting topics to debate about 😊

No dear, wasn't a regular member here, hehe 😆

I was just an on and off member. But well, yeah, IF is pretty boring these days, so I decided to hang around here. Quite interesting topics to debate about 😊

Nice to have you here Doe . Most of the topics here have been discussed to death by now. Why dont you post some new topics 😃