Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

...Mina... thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: ADMJCXNK97fan

i thought baby Ram was sooo cute!!!!! i liked the raj matas too! Kaushalya and Sumitra were really nice (but wasn't keikey the second wife?!?!?) although it almost seems as though in every serial, every Kaushalya almost resembles each other slightly.

i think it depends on version diii, but most have sumitra ma being the second wife though kaikeyi ma was older by age.😳
...Mina... thumbnail

Originally posted by: ...PARiNA...

Thanks Mina .. loved watching it ..
now it starting again on Imagine @7pm IST

yess diii, i cant wait to watch it again !!πŸ˜ƒ we have imagine tv at home though we live in the US, and i luved watching ramayan when it first aired! i can't wait for the new songs!😍
...Mina... thumbnail
Episode 4

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpK0JoCioug[/YOUTUBE]

Summary:

Dashrath is convinced that the sight of Ram's face in the morning augurs well for him. Everything turns out right for him during the day.
Rams brothers also listen to him and follow his advice. When all four of them are in the mango orchard shooting down mangoes with their arrows, a quarrel ensues between Lakshman and Shatrughan over who had brought down more mangoes. Was it Bharat's arrow or Ram's arrow?
Ram intervenes and calms his brothers. He tells them that the mangoes will be shared by all equally.
Manthara, the royal maid, continues her mischief. She is all for Bharat becoming king. She leads little Bharat to the Royal Court and points out to the throne saying that it will be his one day. Wide eyed with disbelief Bharat stares at her and says, "No, Ram bhaiya will be king."
Ram and his brothers want to meet the people of Ayodhya and be part of their happiness and sorrow. Dashrath asks Sumant to take them to the city on the occasion of Vasant Panchami festival so that they can mix with common folk and be part of their festivities.
In the city, Ram receives tilak on his forehead from an old lady. He sees a boy crying as his grandfather is unwell. Ram goes to meet the ailing grandfather and promises to take care of the little boy, so that the old man can die peacefully. Back at the palace, Ram asks his father about life and death. "What is death? Do we all have to die?"
...Mina... thumbnail
Episode 5

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lClFwbSW8XI[/YOUTUBE]

Summary:

Life becomes a celebration for Janak, Sunaina, and also for the inhabitants of Mithila when Janak brings home a lovely baby girl he has found miraculously in the earth when he was ploughing the barren and arid fields. For days there has been no rain and the infant appears like a miracle in the parched earth.
Janak names her Sita in tribute to the earth (seet) she lay hidden in. She is the miracle child for Mithila. Suddenly there is rain and vegetation appears in the dry fields, rivers begin to fill up. Streams start gurgling, leaves appear on dried up branches of trees, the scent of blossoms fill the air. There is happiness and security everywhere as the people of Mithila celebrate the arrival of the girl child, Sita, in the palace of Janak Raja, ushering in prosperity and plenty.
Sita is everybody's darling. Her favorite haunt is the temple of Vishnu. Every day she strings flowers of all hues to make a garland for the idol of Vishnu. Then she does aarti, singing mellifluously in her little voice. The Shiv Dhanush which is kept in the temple fascinates her.
In Ayodhya the boys are growing up fast. Manthara does everything for Bharat and she offers everything first to Bharat. But Bharat wont accept it till she has offered it to Ram and his twin brothers first.
When Rishi Yagyawalk visits Janak he learns from Janak that three more girls are born. Janak's brother has been blessed with two daughters, "but where is Sita?" he asks smilingly. Well, Sita is in the temple worshipping her idol, Maha Vishnu.
In Ayodhya, guru Vashisht tells Dashrath it is time to send his sons to Gurukul. All princes have to go to gurukul to receive gyan, training in Martial Arts and gain proficiency in fine Arts.
Dashrath and the queens are sad on hearing this. How can they stay away from their dear sons? Vashisht tells Dashrath and the queens that they must bear the sorrow of parting from their sons because they will never be able to gain knowledge in the palace as they have umpteen distractions in the palace. They have to be properly educated in order to be good rulers. They have to be readied in seven days to leave for the gurukul.
The queens are in tears, but they understand the need to send their sons to receive education and refinement, so essential for them to be ideal rulers.
The princes leave for gurukul leaving behind their tearful but will-wishing parent.
...Mina... thumbnail
i really liked the child ram ji a lot !! and i also luved child bharat, he did the throne scene with manthara really good!πŸ‘ i just luv the way he sternly said, 'only ram bhaiya can be King!'😍 

i really luved the birth of sita scene, the actor who played raja janak is one of my favorites and baby sita was sooo cute! i also luved all the songs in these episodes, they were so soft and melodious!

the gurukul upanayan scene was really good too, the poor mothers! i felt like crying along with them when i saw their tears !!😭
...PARiNA... thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
ohh i missed this initial episode !
thanks
will watch again on TV now hehhe

radt thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Great Work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! πŸ€—
So happy to see it all compiled here...πŸ€—
Thank you!πŸ€—
I don't have the dvd set et but planning to buy it for my birthday on 29th!πŸ˜†
But I simply am not finding them where I live.
Can these be ordered somewhere u might know?
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
^ Just type in "Buy NDTV Ramayan" online and you'll get lots of options...but I know this one site that is very dependable and sells all mythological and historical shows. Will give it to you.
radt thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Thank you Janu didi!πŸ€—
Can u please pm the link to me? I'd be greatful...☺️
Debipriya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@Mina!! Loving this thread Dear! ⭐️  The summary as well as your comments! ⭐️  Very very nice! ⭐️  Though I  haven't watched the series, but I am loving to read about it in this thread 😍. The Story, along with all the Lessons and the Devotion is so Unique! β­οΈ

Loved the way you are keeping the Toc in the first page for all the 'Episode Updates'- Very very easy to find out a particular episode! πŸ‘   I believe, this thread (its 'summary' section and the all the 'discussions') will be of a great help for all the members and also for the visitors in future! ⭐️ Great work Dear!! πŸ‘ Carry on!!  πŸ‘

Jai Shri Ram!