Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago
^^ Hey Suba, so happy to see you in the MM! How are you these days?
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Hmmm, I just had a question I was going to ask here, but suddenly forgot.😕😆 Lol, no problem, I'll just come back when I remember it.😆

Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 12 years ago
ankita2804 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I musttt say... that Nisha Sagar did a fabulousss job... & also the make-up artist,,,,,, superb... I cant stop discovering something new each & everytime I watch the episodes,,,,, there are so many smalll small detailings added to each & every situations...
like,,,  lets take eg of the costumes & adornment of Sita... they are diff for diff situationss... from eye make-up to her jewels,,, everything is diff for diff ocassions,,, but still they are somehow same... 😃 😍

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Yes Ankita, the costumes of the royal ladies were generally good, though sometimes Kaikeyi's costumes showed a bit of cleavage which they did changed after the initial episodes, since the viewers complained.

Sita's costumes were pretty, but I wish they had dressed her veil different...like they did in DBSK or even the new Mahadev show. They did this weird nun cap thing in ASR that made Princess Sita's hair a bit weird.

My favorite of Sita's costumes were of her as Maharani Sita. Her veil then too was improved, and in general she looked very regal and decent.
ankita2804 thumbnail
ya,,, that's right...!!! Kaikeyi's n Sumitra's costumes showed cleavage at first,,,, which I didn't like,,, (I didn't know that viewers complained for that)
even Surpanakha was shown cleaved...
You are right,, they could have shown Sita without veil...or like dbsk... but I loved that they didn't dressed her like Kaushalya/Sumitra/Malvika...which is the typical mytho queens dress...

Kaikeyi's costume was always diff from the other Rani's (before dashrath's death)... & Urmila's used to wear contrast colour most of the time... (unlike others)
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: ankita2804

ya,,, that's right...!!! Kaikeyi's n Sumitra's costumes showed cleavage at first,,,, which I didn't like,,, (I didn't know that viewers complained for that)

even Surpanakha was shown cleaved...
You are right,, they could have shown Sita without veil...or like dbsk... but I loved that they didn't dressed her like Kaushalya/Sumitra/Malvika...which is the typical mytho queens dress...

Kaikeyi's costume was always diff from the other Rani's (before dashrath's death)... & Urmila's used to wear contrast colour most of the time... (unlike others)

Oh yeah, a lot of viewers complained about that since the Rajmatas were all supposed to be very modest, even Kaikeyi. Kaushalya's dressing was always perfect. She looked very decent and I loved the color combos they gave her.

Hmm...no, no veil for Sita would have been inappropriate, as all royal ladies wore veils back then and Sita was Lakshmi's avatar, so a veil was compulsory, but I liked how they gave Rukmini and Satyabhama their veils in DBSK. Their dressing style wasn't that great, but the way they put their veils was both decent and still showed their gorgeous hair styles.

Also, Sita's palloo could have been a bit thicker. Of course, the costume in particular was of a different type, and I think it improved after Ram Sita's marriage, but Sita's dressing in the initial princess epis seemed a bit too tight if you know what I mean.

Yes, Kaikeyi's costumes were different from the other queens. Sometimes it was nice, while at others it seemed too modern. Like I mentioned above, I think I prefer Kaushalya's dressing style out of all three queens, because it seemed authentic to the type of costumes we saw in Amar Chitra Katha or even the God paintings. Even Sumitra's was good, except when the cleavage showed.
ankita2804 thumbnail
oh yeahh,,, I meant d same.. (without veil wud look totally inappropriate)... really.. Kaushalya's dress was perfect everytymmm...  Sita's palloo in Vivah was d main attraction (for me)... :)
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Jai Shree Ram! Jai Jai Shree Ram!

Hey guys, I made some avis from Ramayan, of one of the most beautiful Ram-Sita scenes during vanvaas, if not the whole serial! Debina's expressions were so soft and loving just like Sitaji's, and the shy glances between Ram and Sita were so cute, not to mention that the setting was really so soothing and beautiful. I miss this duo sooo much, I wish they could be in a show together again!
ankita2804 thumbnail
^^ Superbbb Janu Di... I saww so many picss, avis of this scene... dunno wen I cud see d epi itself.. (do u know d epi no. Di ? )..
I loveedd d coloringg...!!! n as u said ..d shy glancess...wowww... **they r sooo dreamy**
 **clap clap clap**
I realyy wished if Debi mam had done d role of Sati...  :P
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: ankita2804

^^ Superbbb Janu Di... I saww so many picss, avis of this scene... dunno wen I cud see d epi itself.. (do u know d epi no. Di ? )..
I loveedd d coloringg...!!! n as u said ..d shy glancess...wowww... **they r sooo dreamy**

**clap clap clap**
I realyy wished if Debi mam had done d role of Sati...  :P

Thanks a lot dear!

I don't remember the episode number off the top of my head, but it's sometime during the beginning of vanvaas. Will check right now and give you the link. It's such a beautiful scene, definitely worth seeing!

Yes, it would have been nice to see Debina as Devi Sati in DkDM, but I like her in Chidiya Ghar and I think even she wanted to try something new with every show of hers. Don't know if she'll return to mytho anytime soon. Even I have mixed feelings about it, because the mytho shows nowadays aren't that great and they aren't garnering high TRPs like ASR and JSK did. I want Debina to do something with good TRPs for the benefit of her career, so until the Sagars learn to improve their new mythos, I don't want Debina in another mytho show, unless it's by someone different who actually knows how to be reliable to the scriptures.