Chit Chat

Prayers for Japan after an 8.9 quake & tsunami hit

Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Hey everyone. I'm not sure where I was to post this, but finally decided upon posting it here. If any of the mods are reading I hope they can make this a global announcement.

Today (March 11th 2011) I was awaken by my dad around 9:10 am (USA eastern time). He told me to immediately come down and watch CNN. For those of you that missed the news here it is:

Please go to this link for details about the quake, the tsunami, and the destruction and damage it cause: http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/03/11/japan.quake/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1

The images that were shown were quite disturbing. A lot of damaged was caused. But the people of Japan have remained strong. Many were stranded at airports. Cars, houses, buildings, basically anything that came in the way was swept away. Hundreds of people were injured, missing, or dead.

Mother nature can take any form, any time, without warning. Here is just one picture from the destruction the quake/tsunami caused.

Yes it is certainly a scary sight. Now this massive tsunami is rushing towards the west coast of the United States impacting Hawaii, the coasts of California and Oregon. Residents near the path of the Tsunami are encouraged to evacuate and move inland. It has not been told whether the impacts in California will be big or little, but it's better to be safe than sorry. Anyone living in California, Hawaii, and Oregon stay safe.

Once again our prayers and thoughts go out to those in Japan. Keep calm and stay safe. The people of Japan show great strength and they must know that the world is all with them in the time of need.
Edited by Cutiepie Rani - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ZoobiDoobi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Prayers go out to all those affected and thier familes. 🤔
Shipra_S thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Yeah...had seen the news in the afternoon. Really sad happening!😔....RIP to the casualities and prayers to all the injured people! May Japan recover from it soon.
spln thumbnail
Thanks for the post!

I have a soft spot for the Japanese people, since my longest time and closest housemate of all years of education was a Japanese girl who is a dear dear friend.

Praying for all to get back on trail for the country, and in the lives of its wonderful people.

DulceTentacion. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
The News Has Indeed Left me Shocked and Disturbed. My Heart and Prayers goes out to the Residents of Japan.
SoniRita thumbnail
yaaa dis news is very very sad n scary RIP to all who has lost der lives n prayers for affected families and prayers for whole Japan may dey recover ASAP
...PARiNA... thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
really sad !!
God Bless them all _/\_
--khushi-- thumbnail
ya my pa told me abt this...........................
this is sooo  sad 😔.........................
May GOD give them strength to overcome this & help them in their every way................................
sri11 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
all their Souls rest in peace and for rest they have to be strong ....
kchaims thumbnail
i hope evrything gets fine soon . =(