FilmFARCE Awards: The truth behind awards shows - Page 3

Posted: 13 years ago
Actually I like what is happening at the award shows now..it has gone so depressingly wrong...that it is glaring...any person who sees them now knows that they are rigged...basically making the awards worthless...

Before a problem can be resolved..it has to come to the forefront...if it remains hidden..people may just fail to see it..

I am sure that some of the awards given say 10..20..30 years before were also unfair..based on agendas..but just Aamir boycotting the awards did not make the impact then..people were still judging the stars based on the number of awards they had in their kitty..

But now..awards have become reduced to merely a joke..no one takes them seriously..as should be the case...so even if a deserving actor does not recieve an award now..it is no big deal...people (industry folks as well as audience) will still recognize their good work..helped along by the fact that..awards no longer dominate and sway opinions now..

Everyone knows these awards mean nothing. The only award that has some prestige left are "THE NATIONAL AWARDS" but even those are losing their credibility in some way.

Ratings is what matters to these guys. Either way its the same guys at all the awards functions. Can't tell one from the other. The Bachchan family, SRK, some actresses and whoever is performing. Salman, Akshay if they are being paid big bucks to perform. Biased and groupism. Don't mean anything.
Just compare today's extravaganzas with the good old times when there was just the Filmfare Award and every citizen of B-town walked gracefully up the steps of the Shamuganandha Hall, where thespians showed up regardless of whether they were being feted or not, where nobody bore a grudge..."

My grouse is about the attire. In the old pictures one can see almost everyone dressed appropriately for the function-men in suits/formals and women in silk sarees (not gaudy, shimmery stuff) with proper shoes (not chappals). It was a farce even then because actors like Guru Dutt were overlooked for the favorite Dilip Kumar but at least blockbuster King Rajender Kumar was not winning it for his hamming act. One good thing is that in spite of the resentment, everyone showed up and supported the fraternity. Now fraternity means Karan Johar/Yash Chopra and their cronies.

Actor Ajay Devgn, who has boycotted award functions, answered this one for the Press, "They give awards to those who attend the function. So they keep their options open. If all come, then the award gets divided."

He will have some credibility if his wifey was not collecting it. Oh, yeah! she likes them awards.
Originally posted by TheDilettante

My grouse is about the attire. In the old pictures one can see almost everyone dressed appropriately for the function-men in suits/formals and women in silk sarees (not gaudy, shimmery stuff) with proper shoes (not chappals). It was a farce even then because actors like Guru Dutt were overlooked for the favorite Dilip Kumar but at least blockbuster King Rajender Kumar was not winning it for his hamming act. One good thing is that in spite of the resentment, everyone showed up and supported the fraternity. Now fraternity means Karan Johar/Yash Chopra and their cronies.

He will have some credibility if his wifey was not collecting it. Oh, yeah! she likes them awards.
I agree, maya...there should be some dress code...some decorum...some dignity

Well kajol gives new meaning to trophy wife...πŸ˜†
Edited by TallyHo - 13 years ago
Originally posted by TallyHo

Well kajol gives new meaning to trophy wife...πŸ˜†

🀣 You are hilarious, Ashu!
Originally posted by koolchick

Bollywood has still not matured like Hollywood. While the craft of film-making has moved forward with a never-before-seen variety in theme, ideation and treatment, the charmed star is yet to realise that his shine has somewhat jaded and that he indeed needs some revision lessons rather than clutch on desperately to the aura that's receded into the shadows a long time ago. That's why a Colin Firth wins an Oscar at 50 for a flawed character instead of the sexy Mr Darcy he was in his 30s.

This just says it all. It will take a long time before Bollywood can overcome its obsession on solely glitz and glamor  and actually take in performances as well

people dont want to see actresses doing lead roles in bollywood after 30+yrs, 40+yrs.......and u were talking abt winning award at 50..........well i dont blame only film industry even people are not interested to see them onscreen after 30, 40, 50...........
Originally posted by stars4u

people dont want to see actresses doing lead roles in bollywood after 30+yrs, 40+yrs.......and u were talking abt winning award at 50..........well i dont blame only film industry even people are not interested to see them onscreen after 30, 40, 50...........

I took the highlighted parts from the articleπŸ˜†

I would disagree about not seeing actresses in their 30s since recently the audience has warmed up to the idea of them but I do think that people do not want to see leading actresses in their 40s and 50s. The roles are too limited for an actress at that age, as was kindly pointed out to Madhuri
Can someone summarize, I aint' reading the whole thing 🀣
Originally posted by koolchick

I took the highlighted parts from the articleπŸ˜†

I would disagree about not seeing actresses in their 30s since recently the audience has warmed up to the idea of them but I do think that people do not want to see leading actresses in their 40s and 50s. The roles are too limited for an actress at that age, as was kindly pointed out to Madhuri

i dont agree with 30+yrs actresses also..........well its bollywood and its not going to change forever.......
Originally posted by ZoobiDoobi

Can someone summarize, I aint' reading the whole thing 🀣

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†  Zoobi, summary ki kya zaroorat hai....   basically whatever has been discussed on IF for the longest time... awards have zero value, if you attend you'll win won, hyped stars get awards, etc. etc....

still want more details...?  πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜†