Shah Rukh Khan: Epitome of charm

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 13 years ago

Bollywood heartthrob Shah Rukh Khan shares his views on the concept of time.

THERE are many ways you can describe Bollywood superstar Datuk Shah Rukh Khan, but charming and charismatic come to mind when you meet him in person.

The Bollywood star was in Kuala Lumpur recently to launch the new TAG Heuer global concept boutique at Suria KLCC. Present was Tag Heuer chief executive officer and president Jean-Christophe Babin.

Shah Rukh, 45, spoke fondly of his association with Tag Heuer. According to him, he knew of the luxury brand as a child reading a book by James Hadley Chase where one of the protagonists wore a TAG Heuer watch.

Height of luxury: TAG Heuer CEO and president Jean-Christophe Babin(left) and Datuk Shah Rukh Khan at the launch of the TAG Heuer global concept boutique in Suria KLCC.

So it was a dream come true when he became the brand ambassador in India.

Speaking of time, Shah Rukh said he is always running short of it.

"I always feel like I am running two days behind. I wish I have two more days to catch up on everything. Unfortunately, I lead a very busy life so everything has to be demarcated and compartmentalised.

"Time has to be treated with respect so that I have enough for my family, work and myself.

"When I have some free time, I stare into space. But I do read a lot, as well as spend time with my children and their friends."

Shah Rukh returned to the small screen last month, hosting Zor Ka Jhatka, the Indian version of the American game show Wipeout, on Imagine TV in India.

He had previously hosted Kaun Banega Crorepati (Who Wants To Be A Millionaire) and Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hain? (Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?).

He said he would consider acting in a TV show if an offer comes at the right time. "I am open to any medium because I like performing for people."

Just last month Shah Rukh was in Malacca filming the sequel to Don.

Slated for release later this year is the highly anticipated sci-fi superhero movie Ra.One. Shah Rukh hopes that people will like it as it is the most ambitious and expensive film he has made in India. "I set up a company to handle the special effects in the movie so it will be the first indigenous VFX (Visual Effects) film in my country.

"It's a family film, a story with a father, mother and a son. It is about how children should be careful with what they wish for, because sometimes, they are attracted to bad things. It is a story with a lesson to be learned and there are fun moments with a lot of flying scenes as well," he said.

As for his involvement in Xtreme City starring Leonardo DiCaprio, produced by Martin Scorsese and directed by Paul Schrader, Shah Rukh said and they were still in discussion."

On the prospect of his two children following in his footsteps, the proud father said he wasn't sure if they would be interested in show business.

He said the best he could do is to provide them with a good education and allow them to decide for themselves.

"I had earned my master's degree before I started acting. They should also have a good education first.

"Despite what you may think, we are a very middle-class family, I help my children with their homework and send them to school. They lead normal lives but they do need body guards, which I don't like but is necessary at times," he said.

On achievements, Shah Rukh said they were subjective.

"I am at a stage where I am happy to meet people. I have a feeling that I give happiness to those I meet and I am happy with that.

"As far as fame and fortune are concerned, I have never strived for them. I just do my job happily," he said.

He added that he considers giving his children a good education an achievement for himself.

When asked what is the one thing he had always wanted to do but never got around to doing, he simply said it is to be able to sleep for 24 hours straight!

Source: The Star, Malaysia.
http://ecentral.my/news/story.asp?file=/2011/3/18/movies/8264938&sec=movies
Edited by fuzzyface - 13 years ago
i love tag heuer watches cos of SRK 😳its good to see him @ their events & their photoshoots with him is always so awesome!
Wow fuzz.. was that an EXCLUSIVE interview for you???? Am stil  jealous, you met him 😭
Originally posted by ammoos

Wow fuzz.. was that an EXCLUSIVE interview for you???? Am stil  jealous, you met him 😭

yes it was exclusive but not only for me. there were others who also got to interview him. we had our own slots but it was all one to one. 😳

Still.. the fact is you met him in person.. *SIGH*