Rules & Announcements

My Journey with India Forums

kanchi thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
 My Journey with India Forum

I am very glad that I found India forum. I am eternally thankful to Vijay for creating such a lovely site for all of us. Thank you once again Vijay.

Well my journey to this forum began after the sudden disappearance of Purab from the show. I was so furious about the sudden exit of such an amazing character. As I was and still am a GOOGLE freak, I started to search each and every available page so as to find clues about whether Purab is coming back or not. On the process of searching I came across to www.bhatter.com/jassi, through which I was diverted to India forum (www.kg2pg.net was the URL at that time). I did not really jump onto the forum as soon I joined it, cause I was so busy going through the "Shout" section on the www.bhatter.com/jassi. I enjoyed reading all those stuff and found that there were a huge number of people who were too furious as I am about Purab sudden exit. It did take me quite sometime to go through all the messages. Then later I decided to take a look to the forum and sign up for the forum on May 26,2004. I think when I joined the forum there were about 200+ members. So my actual Journey to the forum begins then after.

At that time, Ash used to give the updates. I did really enjoy reading the updates. Then gradually logging on to the forum began to become my part of a daily chore. Members were not that active as we see these days. Hardly anyone used to post anything and I used to talk about this every time I meet Vijay. Tell u the truth, on the movie and joke section there was only two post and both of them were from Vijay. I don't remember the joke section but in movie section only " Hum Tum" movie preview was the only one. But now the forum has grown tremendously and we have more than 2000 members and most of them are active ones. Thank you so much for keeping this forum so active and live.

There are lots of sweet and sour experiences that I have experienced in this forum. The most was Arman-Purab WAR as usual, this never ends I guess. But the apology and the forgiveness was always there. Though some did have some bitter moment but they never stop coming here and posting their opinion and views which I really find great about this forum. Now we are getting updates from an angel so called "DEADLY". I thank u for ur great effort deadly. Once again Thx. We have such a lovely Moderators as Mystery and Ash who are taking very very good care of this forum for all of us. Thank you to u both of you. Well Vijay dreams are really coming true as he used to talked about exceeding 5000 members, 3000 more to go Vijay, not much to go.

Have to say one thing before ending my journey "India Forum Jaissa Forum Kahi Bhi Nahin…" I am really glad to be a part of this forum family. And I will always remain till the end. If the show ends also my addiction to this Forum will never end. I treasure all funs that this forum has given to me. Lastly once again Thanks to Vijay for creating such a wonderful forum, Bunch of Thanks to Deadly, Ash and Mystry to being such a lovely Moderators and to all the members who have made this forum such a divine place. Thank you all of u. Thank You!!!!!!!

Edited by kanchi - 19 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rifhat thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Hey Kanchi, that's quite a mouthful you have written but an emotional one through the memory lane huh.. Well, i thank you and this forum for the splendid place where we lotsa fun😉

Well, my story is the same, got on this forum when searching for JASSI updates and to know more about Mona Singh.. Since then hooked as nail in the wall.😆

Thanks Vijay, for this awesome forum👏

-Rifhat

Edited by Rifhat - 19 years ago
vijay thumbnail

WOW !!!

I am promoting this as announcement (all forums) so that every member should know about and can share their experiences with us.

Only one message per member. So incase you need to add something later please edit your post and add it giving Date on top.

It looks like we are preparing for the b'day of this forum (9th December) which is not so far.

Thanks Kanchi for those lovely compliments and I would also like to add that you are also very much responsible for its success.

I know... we will certainly reach 5000+ members by the end of this year.

Cheers,
Vijay

Edited by vijay - 18 years ago
Morgoth thumbnail

Wow, Kanchi. Your words really brought a lump to my throat.

My story:

I started watching Jassi in May and was immediately hooked onto it. My internet searches led me to www.bhatter.com/jassi where I read about Jassi being a 24 year old Pune-ite by the name of Mona Singh. I was intrigued and began to browse for pictures of her and for regular updates of Jassi. This is when I came across the forum and Deadly's marvellous updates.

I still remember the time Kanchi received an email from Samir Soni with his latest pics for her Jassi Fansite. At that time, I was a newbie and rarely posted any messages. I was a fan of Purab Mehra already, but I didn't get involved in the few Armaan-Purab arguments at the time.

However, eventually, actual debates began and I couldn't help joining in to defend Purab. Thats when my suppressed avalanche of posts descended down upon the forum and it hasn't stopped since. www.bhatter.com/jassiwww.bhatter.com/jassi😃

My biggest surprise was being elected as a Moderator for the forum along with Deadly and Kanchi. Being a moderator is sometimes like sailing in a raft amidst a raging storm. But, land is always visible. And most of the time, you reach the shore before the raft capsizes. 😉

I've had good times and bad times here, but I guess thats like being part of a very large family. Thanks to Vijay, Ash and Kanchi for running things so effectively. Thanks, also to all of the Coolbies for providing the updates for serials. You guys are really the building blocks of the forum.

Last, but not least, thanks to all the members (old and new) for contributing to the forum with your jokes, thoughts, ideas and opinions. Without the laughter, the sometimes heated debates and the craziness, India Forums would be a very dull place indeed.

Hope I didn't bore you all with my long post! 😊

Edited by MysticaMagic - 19 years ago
alliha thumbnail

wow that was a great journey mystica!

i just love this forum its very addictive

thanks vijay and everyone who helped to make this site 👏

ahmed316us thumbnail
good job kanchi, you are truly right
anniegupta_ thumbnail
nice stories kanchi and mystica

well one of the reasons this forum is so cool is because of awesome moderators like you guys.. (applause) 👏

an dabout this forum bieng addictive.. ask me about iti go here like 100 times a day. Once early 5:30 before i go to gym.. then when i come back from gym, at school, when i come back from school for like 2 hr, then before i go to sleep! This forum is like a part of my life now!

so applause to all the people who made it possible 👏
humanyst thumbnail

JJKN first one hour special episode promo (the fashion show after which Jassi goes out to party with her office gang) caught my attention and I think that was the first time I had watched the show. I was quite amused by the characters of JKKN as they seemed quite different from the rootay dhootay, saas bahoo drams shown on Indian television.

Needless to say, I was hooked to serial from there onwards. A few months back, I was stuck with a horrible work environment and mean colleagues, so initially JJKN for me was all about watching a simple regular girl deal profesionally with insecure, manipulative people at work and tough situations. This was ofcourse before the she ran away to Alibagh with her Bebe. There onwards the story took another turn as after that following Purab's advice she started thinking about herself and adopted a no nonsense attitude at work and not to overdo her due share at work..like no unnecessary overtime etc (for a while atleast). This may sound cheesy to some, but I too decided to follow the same advice.

Around this time I recommended watching this show to a friend of mine. She too ,took to watching JJKN regularly and kept pestering me for the previous storylines/episodes. So instead of narrating the previous episodes I recommended her to http://www.bhatter.com/jassi/ . Through this site I stumbled onto india-forums. Initially I used to quietly browse the forum on weekends, (as a substitute for my JJKN  and later Purab addictionhttp://www.bhatter.com/jassi/http://www.bhatter.com/jassi/😉), but now I am hooked onto this forum 😊

ides thumbnail

Although I must admit that I have started watching JJKN a couple of months ago, I was instantly hooked.....then browsing on the net one day I came across this forum…..

I was a silent member for a while before things got interesting and I had to jump in….it was just a week ago today that I first contributed to the ongoing topics at this forum and let me say so far it has been nothing but fun…..there has been some very healthy discussions between members, some light heart teasing😉, some downright hilarious comments😆 and above all this has been a good, clean platform where those interested in JJKN can debate without falling on each others' throats…..

for the last however, the credit not only goes  to Vijay, our moderators (who are fantastic ….no doubt abut that) but also to every individual member who have presented their thoughts while respecting the ideas of others👏👏👏. This is truly a versatile bunch we have here folks; people from different walks of life, different age groups, different parts of the world, all holding unique views with their only commonality being their love for JJKN…..

what else can I say….keep up the good work 👍🏼and God Bless…..    

pj04 thumbnail

hi,

this is probably one of the most addictive forums online. i was a silent member for some time bcoz it felt like i had a very different point of view from others and had gotten used to being ganged up on in other forums.

the things that i like about this forum are

1)everybody gets a chance to express themselves.

2)all views are very mature and reasonable.

and most importantly the language is very very decent.

great job guys , keep it up

puja