shinningstar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
he was just and strict ruler...his enemies feared him but people loved him for his noble and kind nature .... that's what a king should be like just and capable...i wonder when our country will have a leader like him again.

share you facts about him here.
Edited by shinningstar - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shinningstar thumbnail
asoka the great was his grandson
shinningstar thumbnail
he married greek princess helen ...and she was first queen/empress of foreign origin in the history of india
shinningstar thumbnail
there is a fantastic love story of chandragupta maurya and princess helen ...one of the famous love stories of world.
Fishfish thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
wowowwo interesting facts indeed!!
rinku4u thumbnail
hii dear .... yes CGM's wife's name was  Helen rather one of the wives .. 😊 & i think lovestory was famous of " helen of troy" not this helen 😊 I am sorry if i am wrong 😊. but i think it isπŸ˜ƒ
smallwonder thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: shinningstar

asoka the great was his grandson

Oh interesting! I didnt know that...😳

RoseFairy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: rinku4u

hii dear .... yes CGM's wife's name was  Helen rather one of the wives .. 😊 & i think lovestory was famous of " helen of troy" not this helen 😊 I am sorry if i am wrong 😊. but i think it isπŸ˜ƒ

is this helen(may be daughter of selukas) was the mother of bindusar???i dont think so.....coz this marriage happened the last period of cgm's rule....can u give me info abt it??
Sinha18 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: jhum_86

is this helen(may be daughter of selukas) was the mother of bindusar???i dont think so.....coz this marriage happened the last period of cgm's rule....can u give me info abt it??

No she was not the mother of bindusaar as i know 😊

Another interesting fact i want to share as you mentioned the name of great Bindusar that bindusar mother died after giving birth to bindusar as she had given poison by some one and to save the future prince of Magadh chanakya ordered to cut the stomach of queen before poison reached to the baby and they did it so bindusaar and he became a great king but some of his minister being jealous from chanakya misguided bindusar to that chankaya was responsible for her mother death and bindusar then ordered to give death sentence to chanakya with out going into the real truth though chanakya ran away and when bindusar came to knoew the real truth , the reason he searched chanakya and asked for his forgiveness but chanakya refused to return to his post again and he took "Sanyas" and became a saint till his death😊
RoseFairy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: Sinha18

No she was not the mother of bindusaar as i know 😊

Another interesting fact i want to share as you mentioned the name of great Bindusar that bindusar mother died after giving birth to bindusar as she had given poison by some one and to save the future prince of Magadh chanakya ordered to cut the stomach of queen before poison reached to the baby and they did it so bindusaar and he became a great king but some of his minister being jealous from chanakya misguided bindusar to that chankaya was responsible for her mother death and bindusar then ordered to give death sentence to chanakya with out going into the real truth though chanakya ran away and when bindusar came to knoew the real truth , the reason he searched chanakya and asked for his forgiveness but chanakya refused to return to his post again and he took "Sanyas" and became a saint till his death😊

thanks for the info.....