Chandragupta Maurya

TOI: How Rushiraj became Chandragupta

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

How Rushiraj became Chandragupta...

TNN | Mar 27, 2011, 12.00am IST

Despite going on a nation-wide hunt to find the young Chandragupta, the creative team was unable to find an apt face to play the title role. 

The search that went on for eight months finally ended when one day a boy accidentally landed up at the audition hall to ask for directions to some place. Everyone felt that he should audition for the lead role. Soon, Rushiraj found himself mugging up some lines in chaste Hindi and changed into the costumes for the period drama. A crew member briefed him about the character. Within a matter of few hours, Rushiraj transformed himself into young Chandragupta Maurya and delivered his lines with such poise and elan which left no doubt that he was the face the creative team had been looking for. Co-incidentally, Rushi had always been fascinated by the acting world. Here's hoping that the young lad lives upto everybody's expectations!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ankita_88 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Yeh Sagarswale humeshaa rah chalte logo ko pakad ke laate hain....pehle toh Gurmeet ab yeh ladka bhi...🤣

[Gurmeet went to submit his portfolio to Sagars Office.....but the moment Anand Sagar/prem Sagar saw him he instantly knew that he can be eprfect "RAM" and he was selected....😆]

Edited by Ankita_88 - 13 years ago
sanchita1410 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I have already started loving his acting. Can u imagine I waited the whole week to see CGM.
anusfan0068 thumbnail
luv cgm.show is awsom imagine shud promot it .it has potntial like prc
cupidstrike23 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
dis is truely awesum show nd esp. acting done by chandragupt nd chanakya character's r truely treat to watch....
have 2 agree sagar films make very gud choice of characters....
lukin forward 2 more of CGM ....
Amor. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
sanchi not only u me too waiting for it n jab aaya to aisa laga kitne din ho gye dekhe huye 
ghotalaz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i strongly feel that rushiraj has a bright future ahead👍🏼
RoseFairy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
go ahead rushiraj....this is the only show for which i waited long and i now i come on if only to discuss abt cgm...
sanchita1410 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: vik rocks

i strongly feel that rushiraj has a bright future ahead👍🏼

Ya he has that spark in his eyes and his dialougue delivery is also very strong.
ridhithakur thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
luvd cgm so much whole episd wer just awsom n actors hav great potntial .it shud com 3 days at weekend atleast.it taks long tim 2 wait