Kiran28 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
I think this wedding concept shown on t.v. is interesting... however I do not agree with the "gift giving". If the girl side had brought so many gifts to the guy's side, they did not have to accept them. I think the wedding is more focused on the groom's side of the family and showing their functions more than the brides side. The bride side should be showing the same amount of functions, such as sangeet, mendhi, choora, maiyan etc. It also seems that the girl side is spending their time and money on buying gifts for the guy's side rather then focusing on their own functions. This show is kinda of a misconception when it comes to gifts. In my opinion it is not necessary to give the guy's side that many gifts, whether it be gold, or appliances. Just because it's an emotional time for a family to marry their daughter, doesn't mean it isn't fun. Being a girl from a Punjabi background, I can't express how much fun it is to prepare for these functions and to fully enjoy them. This show is becoming an insult to all families who feel the need to give these crazy gifts, and a shame on the parents that accept these gifts, because it comes down to dowry, when we are trying to eliminate these things within our community, whether it be from any race or religion, it is is just wrong. 

Another point... the guy side has not given a gift in return at all ... if we want to talk about fairness. Where is the girl's side of gifts? That's why these things are unnecessary and this gift giving should be forgotten and focus should be given on the bride and groom together, as that is what matters in the long run.   

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lil_Ritu thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
No actually the girl's side suppose to do it and the money spending on the mendi and choora stuff

dont u know that it happenes in punjabi weddinngs
Mrs.Jaysean thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I just don't believe in the concept also. Move on people we are not in the 18s.
Edited by Mrs.Jaysean - 13 years ago