Yash Tonk in historical drama-indya.com

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 13 years ago
Yash Tonnk in a historical drama
Buzz up!
Dhanashri Kulkarni/Hill Road Media

Television actor Yash Tonnk, who was last seen in Sony's Maa Exchange, is back with a new historical drama Jai Somnath on Zee TV. He will be playing the king of Bharuch, Dutta Chalukya a strong ruler. This will be Yash's first historical drama. The show will replace the famous Zee TV's historical drama Jhansi Ki Rani.
Showing 1 of 7 images Previous    Next

What made you choose this role?
In my career, I have done all kind of roles- right from romantic hero to negative roles. And for any actor a challenging role is very important. So I choose this role which is very exciting and unique. After family dramas, now I am looking forward to doing a historical drama.

What's the USP of the show?
The show's title is the USP of the show but at the same time, there will be sub tracks about Somanth temple and its interesting story.

Tell us about your role.
My role is quite interesting yet difficult. I play the king of Bharuch, named Dutta Chalukya, who is very dynamic king but at same time he is very soft and loving with his wife Rani Gayathri Devi played Amrita Raichand. He is very emotional at matters of heart and brutal in battle. He is one who had defeated Mohd. Gaznavi (Gazni).

How different is to play a historical character as compared to other characters that you have played?
It's very difficult because when you play a historical character everything needs to be perfect -right from the costumes to mannerisms and even language as it plays an important role in such a role. I hope I am able to do justice to this role for which I am working very hard.

What will be your look in the show?
It's going to be different than others you have seen. Obviously, I would wearing heavy costumes and I would also be donning a moustache for the role, which I am growing currently. I will also be sporting long hair with a pagdi.

What kind of research have you done for this role?
Frankly speaking, being an actor, I am just following the creative team's directions because when you do a historical or period drama, there are 100 reference points which would confused me. So it is best to follow my director and creative head's lead as they have done their research.

How is it working with actors like Pankaj Dheer, Sadashiv Amrapurkar?
We have some very experienced actors in the cast which is huge too. But currently I have shot with my on-screen wife Amrita, some kids and with common people of the kingdom. I am really looking forward to work with Pankaj Dheer, who is playing my elder brother and also it would be pleasure to work with Sadashiv Amrapurkar, who has immense of talent and experience.

What you would like to say to your fans?
I just want to say watch this show as it's full of drama and please accept me in my new avataar.

Edited by Armu4eva - 13 years ago