Piya Ka Ghar Pyaara Lage

TOI: Talent doesnt matter in Bollywood-Sanjeeda

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Talent doesnt matter in Bollywood! 

... says actress Sanjeeda Shaikh in a chat with AT during her recent visit to Ahmedabad 

Amrita Mulchandani 

Not only her stunning looks,but her long tresses too make heads turn wherever she goes.Telly actor Sanjeeda Shaikh was in Ahmedabad recently to promote her new show Hi! PadosiKaun Hai Doshi I keep coming to Ahmedabad frequently,but I seldom stay back.So I hardly get time to see how much the city has changed over the last few.My mom told me that the city is looking beautiful these days, says Sanjeeda with a happy grin.Sanjeeda,who is now playing the role of Sejal Mehta in the show,says,I started my career with a comedy show,then I did a show which had me playing a negative character.In my current show I play the character of a daughter and I get to wear my regular clothes so it is fun and more of a relaxed role, and adds,After doing three lead roles,I feel great.Earlier I have been offered roles to play character who is chronologically older than what I am in real life,but I never said yes to those offers.When I can carry myself with oomph in young roles better,why should I go for the older roles Having participated in reality shows,does Sanjeeda feel that reality shows are rigged Reality shows matter to me whatever fame I have achieved today it is all because of these.People today know me as Sanjeeda and not by my character name which is a big achievement for me.I have done dance shows and nothing can be really scripted in them.They are purely based on talent, says the actor.So,will the audience get to see her together with Aamir Ali in shows like Bigg Boss We are offered lots of daily shows together,including reality shows,but we didnt take up any.Our lifestyle doesnt match up to those kind of shows.I love to watch these shows,but I cant be part of them, says Sanjeeda.Like her counterparts,Sanjeeda too wants to be seen on the silver screen,but she says the lack of a godfather makes things tough.One has to be really lucky to get work in Bollywood.Talent doesnt matter much but luck makes a difference. Being a good dancer,Sanjeeda is often offered item songs.I am open to doing them,but I want to do something that will stay in the audiences mind, she says.With so many fresh faces coming joining the television industry,what does Sanjeeda feel an actress should do to set herself apart from the rest Its been four years and yet I am offered young roles whereas other girls have put on so much weight that they have to do roles older than their age.Talking about the new faces,I havent seen most of them after one show.So older actors any day rock, she says.Coming to her personal life,Sanjeeda says that divine is the word that describes her relationship with Aamir Ali.We are busy doing daily soaps.I want to spend quality time with each other post marriage,so we will wait till our commitments are over. Five years from now Sanjeeda says that she will be married and giving interviews with my kids.I will also be surrounded with loads of work. Does Aamir have a say in her work We discuss work related matters,take each others opinion and inputs seriously.We are like best of friends, she says on a parting note.

Sanjeeda Shaikh 

[Previous] Ahmedabad Times [Next]

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

yehdil028 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
she look very preety and hot in the pic👏