Navya raises the bar with her Nayi Soch - Article

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 13 years ago

Navya raises the bar with her Nayi Soch

STAR Plus' new show NAVYA – Nayi Dhadkan, Naye Sawaal, starting Monday, April 4, is a contemporary and engaging story portraying young Indians' constant tussle to balance tradition and modernity. The young Navya is a simple regular college going girl played by Somya Seth. We caught up with her to get to know more about Navya.

Would you call yourself traditional or modern? Why?
I am neither completely traditional nor modern. It's a balance of both. I am more traditional at home but you can see my modern side in college.

What are the few things that you like and dislike about the current generation?
I like the fact that the current generation still gives importance to values and traditions. We also have freedom to pursue our dreams, which is great. What I dislike is that some people take advantage of this freedom and end up harming themselves.

What is most important to you in life?
My family is what matters most to me.

What are the three things that you can't live without?
My family comes first then my friends and lastly my favourite window, where I spend a lot of time thinking about the happenings in my life.

What are your views about love and romance?
I know everyone falls in love but I have not thought about it yet. The only romance in my life currently is in the books I read.

What's your idea of an ideal man?
Again, I have not thought about how my ideal man would be. I know I will get married one day, probably to the man my parents choose.

If you could change one thing in your life, what would it be and why?
I really do not want to change anything about my life because I am happy being a regular person. I like my life the way it is right now

Describe Navya in one sentence.
Navya would be just like anyone you can spot walking on the street or in the bus. She is an extremely identifiable girl-next-door – a 19-year old college-goer without any special talent or vision and confused like most of the youth her age, yet she is somewhere naturally balancing modernity & traditionalism in her day-on-day life without even consciously thinking about it.

What did you like the most about the role of Navya?
The best thing about Navya is that she is completely like Somya.

Do you identify with the Navya's character in any way?
I love my family just like Navya. Even my parents are understanding and I also have a cute little younger brother just like my character. The only difference is that Navya does not have a younger sister like me.

How does Navya connect with STAR Plus' theme Rishta Wahi Soch Nayi?
Navya is a college student who is stepping into a new world and preparing to face new situations in life. My parents are not forcing me to get married at the age of 20-21. They are concerned about me but they do not stop me from following my dreams. The show symbolises the new young generation of India and STAR Plus' theme Rishta Wahi Soch Nayi in this story is of two youngsters from very ordinary families in Mumbai. The show presents a relatable picture of the young generation of today, who constantly struggle to keep pace with a modern world while trying to stay deeply rooted in Indian values.

Watch a sensitive, modern narrative NAVYA – Nayi Dhadkan, Naye Sawaal, starting 4th April, 10 pm on STAR Plus.

Natasha Coutinho/Hill Road Media
Friday, April 01, 2011

You have already voted on this!

http://starplus.startv.in/news/1553/navya-raises-the-bar-with-her-nayi-soch.aspx

Do press the like button......
@sv003

Thanks a lot for posting the article here! =)
The character of Navya is so relatable.
I already love the way the family values and the show is portrayed! 
Exactly! I hope it has something new to offer!
i think its a new idea...and ya today's youth of middle class family would relate themselves to navya according to me
thanx sweeti for sharing just love it
Posted: 12 years ago
nice article 😊 hope the show continues to be different from other daily soaps with its nayi soch... also loved soumya's interview...
Itne purani article... Hari Om prabhuji... 
yup...itz a old article yaar...
thanx for sharing dear...it's old right?? and no one ever posted it before
thanks for sharing but it is old