Sports/Cricket

Sohail slams Afridi for comments against Indians

HeartEmWatson thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Sohail slams Afridi for comments against Indians

NEW DELHI: Former Pakistan skipper Aamir Sohail today slammed current captain Shahid Afridi for his comments that Indians are "not as large-hearted as Pakistanis", saying that the statement was "immaturish and untimely".

Afridi had said after reaching home following Pakistan's semifinal exit from the World Cup that it would be very difficult for Pakistanis to live with Indians or to have long-term relationship with them.

Sohail said Afridi should not have made these remarks just after the goodwill generated in the aftermatch of the India-Pakistan semifinal clash at Mohali and he should respect each individual.

"I think Afridi should not have made such comments. You got to respect every individual. His statement is kind of immaturish and at the same time untimely," Sohail said.

Afridi had also criticised Indian media for its "negative approach" but Sohail said media has a certain role to play.

"Look, media has a certain role to play. Media highlights the different aspects of an issue. For me, media is like a pain in body. You have to deal with media and find solutions in the relationship with it just like we consult doctors," he told 'Times Now'.

During a talk show in Pakistan after his side's loss to India, Afridi had said that Indians are not as large-hearted as Pakistanis while the Indian media has "negative approach".

"In my opinion, if I have to tell the truth, they (Indians) will never have hearts like Muslims and Pakistanis. I don't think they have the large and clean hearts that Allah has given us," Afridi had said.

"It is a very difficult thing for us to live with them (Indians) or to have long-term relationship with them. Nothing will come out of talks. See how many times in the past 60 years we have had friendship and then how many times things have gone bad," he said.

Asked about the Indian media's coverage of the Pakistani team during the semifinal on March 30, Afridi had said, "The Indian media has a very negative approach and very negative thoughts. The people may not be like that but I think the media had a very dirty role in spoiling relations between us and India.

"Our media, which is criticised by people, is hundred times better than theirs," he said.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/et-cetera/new-article/articleshow/7865682.cms

Gotta admit, when I saw his friendly attitude during the match, I was filled with so much respect. Not sure if that respect exists anymore 🤔

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shivani_4u thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

😆No Comments...😆

Bade Bade Desho me aisi choti choti batein Hoti Rhti hai😆

Jst ignore him...😆😆

Savvy thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
W*F man! Sounds like Afridi has lost his brains along with the match against India.  ðŸ¤£ 

Ok now what cud be more pathetic than this statement - "In my opinion, if I have to tell the truth, they (Indians) will never have hearts like Muslims and Pakistanis. I don't think they have the large and clean hearts that Allah has given us," Afridi had said. 

So does he think Hindus n Muslims have been created by different powers? 🤣

Good that he n his team lost...atleast we got to know how silly Afridi is!  His comments make me >>  ðŸ¤£

May God bless Afridi with sensibility! He needs it bigggg time! [LOL]

P.S. you only gave me a chance to bash you Shahid Afridi....next time se zara zubaan sambhal ke ðŸ˜†
Edited by .Pepsi. - 13 years ago
Savvy thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Aamir Sohail seems to be a wise man 

I'd never expected this from him.

anyway just lay the negative comments guys, he might have been a fool to say such comments but i still hold much pride in him for doing what he did and taking our team to the semis.
-Doppelganger- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
😆😆No comments on Afridi!
Sangakkara accepted the defeat gracefully in the spirit of true sportsmanship.This is why I like and respect him so much!
suchi_dev2006 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

immature and foolish comments...and that from a captain of a nation.. may God bless him and wipe away the bitterness he has for his neighbour..

tomnjerry2 thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 8

So Afridi expected Indians will cheer n say boom boom for his team... childish !!!! 😆

After loosing to India  he said..hum India se itni nafrat kyun karte hai  n now this ?? 🤔

.... he even openly said when Tendulkar scores India looses... wht made him say tht i did not understand..... 😕 the next day Sachin scored 85 n we won !!!! 😆

Learn to be graceful dude !!! :D

Keep--------------Smiling !!!! 😊
tomnjerry2 thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: SoEulMate_LoVeR

"In my opinion, if I have to tell the truth, they (Indians) will never have hearts like Muslims and Pakistanis. I don't think they have the large and clean hearts that Allah has given us," Afridi had said.

yuck yuck...  even i am a muslim n i will never say tht.... Afridi is not a very good ambassador of Islam n Muslims !!!  I think these guys hav a problem of involving religion in everything unduely !!!! 😕

khel khelo y Bringing Almighty n his blessings ... He does not discriminate !!!!

Keep-----------Smiling!!!! 😊
Edited by tomnjerry2 - 13 years ago
suchi_dev2006 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Exactly, He doesn't know the fact the more number of muslim people lives in India than Pakistan.. We Indians are Indians first, then Muslim, Sikhs, Hindus and Christians.. He should have been careful before passing such a sensitive comments that could be proved dangerous for both nation..