Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ishaan. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
I'm amused at how fluent Shahid Afridi was with his controversial statements. He didn't for a moment, seem to have any inhibition about where his comments could land himself into. Insensitive is the word for him.

And I fail to understand, why is it seen more often than not, that our neighbours consider themselves superior to us by virtue of their religion? Is it said anywhere, that Muslims are His favourite sons? It just shows how narrow-minded one's self-beliefs are. Even after 64 years, ones like Afridi have failed to rise above the bane called communalism.

A sport should be treated as a sport, and not as a medium of venting out one's hostility towards a particular sect. Sadly, Afridi chose to free his emotions on the wrong platfom. And those who're coming out in support of him on this forum, are being nothing but hypocritical.

If anybody here has access to Hindustan Times, do have a look at Seema Goswami's article from yesterday's Brunch magazine. How she has addressed the whole issue is worth a read.

Love and luck,
Ishaan
Edited by Ishaan. - 13 years ago
baz786 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
What the heck is afridi playing at
I guess he doesnt want good indo pak relations

His comments are negative to the whole relationship building process

Ps guys plz dnt fight here its not good

Pakistan n India Rule :DEdited by baz786 - 13 years ago
ankit_nyc thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nishtha

One more thing...after IPL season one when Pakistani players participated...and after that when Indian Govt refused to allow  Pak player to participate...

Shaid Afridi said.. IPL wil lost its charm without Pakistani players..

now..Shahid Afridi in 2011...Why BCCI and IPL treat us as untouchables.. we want to play in IPL too πŸ˜†

🀣

I mean do we seriously need to take him seriously..he made a statement and since then coming up with one statement after the another as how he was mistook by media and what not.... poor himπŸ˜† and if we leave YUvi and his jig at Afridi none of us our cricketer even paid attention to his random rumblings...πŸ₯±

Pakistan team are on West- Indian tour but all their top players are playing in IPL like Pollard and Bravo..hope they get players there to play withπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

🀣

πŸ˜› With all the top West Indies players playing in IPL, Pakistan can actually win some matches now........πŸ˜›
*Fiza* thumbnail

TOPIC CLOSED- Due to a number of bashing and insult, this topic will be closed now. Anyone found instaging , abusing or trashing in this forum will recieve a strict warning.

Edited by *Fiza* - 13 years ago