YUVRAJ:'Indian fans lack Sportsmanship!'

Posted: 12 years ago
MUMBAI: India's World Cup hero Yuvraj Singh on Sunday said cricket fans in India lacked sportsmanship and there unreal expectations could be 'killing' for the players at times.

"I'm very glad the next World Cup won't be held in India," said Yuvraj in an interview with a leading newspaper on Sunday. "You go to the hotel lobby and people say, 'You have to win for India'. There's so much intensity, it's almost as if they're saying, 'Win or I'll shoot you in the head'."

The well-built middle-order batsman said the cricketers were under tremendous pressure during the World Cup, not only because of the competition alone but more so from the snarling fans.

"They (the fans) were constantly breathing down our necks, I would say," said Yuvraj. "It becomes hard to take that kind of nagging stuff all the time."

Yuvraj, however, insisted that winning the World Cup was the best thing to ever happen to him, and the high is yet to fade. "Every morning, for the next four years, I'm going to wake up and say, 'I belong to a team that is the world champion'. So many great players have outstanding careers but never win a World Cup. This team has, and no one can ever take that away from us."

When asked about the fiasco of the batting PowerPlays in the game against South Africa, Yuvraj said: "Sometimes the team management would decide to take the PowerPlay, though the batsmen on the field were reluctant to. That's what happened against South Africa too.
Eventually we decided it was best to let the batsmen on the field take the call," he said referring to his team's only lost game in the World Cup.β€”Agencies

Source: http://www.dawn.com/2011/04/11/india...ip-yuvraj.html

πŸ˜› In some countries the opposing teams actually get shot  at...........Wasn't the Sri Lankan Cricket team shot at in Pakistan a while back and that's why none of the teams want to go play in Pakistan since? πŸ˜›  Not only that in some countries the fans actually pressure the players to bash neighboring countries and religions........For example, when in  India, Afridi was all praises for India and Indians but once back home he was forced to change his views and attack Indians by calling them small hearted.......πŸ˜› go figure......πŸ˜ƒ How surprising that a Pakistani newspaper such as "Dawn" is trying to put words into  Indian player's mouths? πŸ˜› After all we all know how unbiased the Pakistani media is........The Pakistani media actually reported that the Sri Lankan team tried to shoot itself and that there was no attempt to shoot them while they were in Pakistan......πŸ˜›Edited by ankit_nyc - 12 years ago
Oh I ma sure it happens in other countries too. It is just that in India the passion for this game is so intense that it hurts when we don't win... there is no harmful intention of the common man.... this is the game that they look up to. and not trying to point fingers or anything it happens in mainly Asian countries, like Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. This includes India. Now I simply ask please don't bash this post.
Originally posted by ankit_nyc

Wasn't the Sri Lankan Cricket team shot at in Pakistan a while back
YES! see the DONS! 😎
so u scaredy cats r sitting at home, hiding, or else we'd shoot you too!!!!!! 🀣
Originally posted by -_AfridiMalik_-

YES! see the DONS! 😎
so u scaredy cats r sitting at home, hiding, or else we'd shoot you too!!!!!! 🀣

πŸ˜›Glad you think shooting innocent people is somehow brave behavior..........πŸ˜› People's true colors always come out.......πŸ˜› 
Originally posted by ankit_nyc

πŸ˜›Glad you think shooting innocent people is somehow brave behavior..........πŸ˜› People's true colors always come out.......πŸ˜› 
yeah they do!
wen u STONE YOUR CAPTAIN'S HOUSE IF HE LOSES 1 DAMN GAME!
🀣
Originally posted by -_AfridiMalik_-

yeah they do!
wen u STONE YOUR CAPTAIN'S HOUSE IF HE LOSES 1 DAMN GAME!
🀣

πŸ˜› Some people are still angry with India winnning the world cup it sounds like...........πŸ˜› I love it .........πŸ˜›
This goes for Brazil and England fans in football. I don't see any logical point here? Fans are sometimes over passionate about their team.

so one thread has been closed and now other thread has been opened to bash India and IndiansπŸ˜†πŸ˜†really.. !!!! hilarious.. and then it will be said that " who jealous?".. why jealous.. proud of India etc...

come on guys, I know its hard to disgest the fact for you that India won the World cup.. but there's no other option as such except accepting the fact that India is World Champion..

now please dont say yes.. we accepted the factπŸ˜†

I just have one request to the topic starter. It is not your headache how Indians behave, or what India's problems are. It is an internal issue, and we Indians do not like it when external groups poke their noses into our business.

It can be seen clearly that this post has been made for sole instigatory purposes. So my fellow Indians, do stay away from it, since we'd be successful in curbing such unfavourable intentions only if we do not add steam to the gossip.

And before I leave, topic starter, here's a little gift for you : http://is.gd/6TjpXA

Hopefully, it would make you see sense. This so-called unsportsmanship prevails all through the sub-continent, and very rightly so, when such craze for a sport is unmatched in any other part of the world. In fact, it is a matter of pride, if you ask me. 

It's my earnest request to you, do not litter the Cricket forum with provocative topics such as this. We come here to discuss the beauty of the game, and not who's the better one between India and Pakistan.

Peace.
Edited by Ishaan. - 12 years ago