BV Written Update 12/4/11

Posted: 13 years ago
The episode begins where Phooli, Anandi and Gulli are in the room. Anandi wishes Phooli and gives her a cellphone so that they can always keep intouch and even after she is at her new home they can still share their ups and downs. During this conversation they also get concerned about the future of their school. Since they both will not be in the village they are concerned about who would take care of the working of their school and also without having a replacement, the future of the students would be at stake.  Gulli interrupts and says that she will take over the responsibility and see that their dream is fulfilled.  Anandi and Phooli are very happy to hear this

The next scene (totally out of context and seems to be a filler) is at Suguna's house where she serves kulfi to the family. Her FIL refuses to eat kulfi since he has sensitive teeth. Hence Suguna gets SENSODYNE toothpaste and asks him to use it in order to solve his tooth problems. There is a lecture on its benefits which I am sure no one is interested in listening to right now πŸ˜‰

They resume the next scene where Phooli is alone in the room and is thinking of her past when she became a widow. Anandi comes in and dresses her up. In the meanwhile everybody welcomes the 'GROOM'. Once settled, the groom's father lifts a suitcase (which I presume has the money) and tells Phooli's father that they should settle important issues in private. Hence they are shown walking away. (they donot elaborate on that scene any further). Every body including Phooli's groom's younger sister are impatient to see Phooli and hence ask for her to be brought out. Gulli and the groom's sister go to get Phooli.

In the room, Anandi is dressing up Phooli when she gets a stomach ache. She tells Phooli that she has been getting these aches off and on. Phooli tells her that it might be paining since they are separating from each other 😲. So Anandi tells her that 'that' pain is in her heart and not her stomach (πŸ˜†hilarious). Gulli and the groom's sister come to take Phooli outside. They show everyone admiring Phooli and she is made to sit next to the groom. the groom looks tensed and reaches for his handkerchief from his pocket. In this process, a gold 'kada' falls from his pocket. The groom looks tensed and immediately puts it back into his pocket. Anandi notices this happening. She walks upto him and introduces herself. She asks him why he looks tensed. she also tells him that she saw something falling off his pocket. he replies that it was his handkerchief. Anandi tells him that she saw a kada falling from his pocket. To this the groom replies that he bought this for Phooli but is too scared to give it to her in front of every one. So Anandi tells him that she can give it to her instead. But the groom refuses and says that he will personally give it to Phooli later.

The 'pratha' begins when Phooli's MIL puts a red 'chunnari' on Phooli's head and also gives her some jewelery. Phooli literally in tears looks at her parents and they look very happy and content. Amidst all this drama, they end the episode showing Anandi in a lot of pain.

(the 'moral' of the episode was:  to get rid of poverty many widows are tied to men by this custom. is'nt this a sale of women in the name of a custom)

Precap: Sumitra's back and is pleading to Bhairav that she wants to see Jagya working in his hospital. Bhairav walks away and every one is quite. Sumitra asks everyone to tell her why they are quite and asks Anandi to tell her what the matter was. Anandi replies that Jagya has gone back to Bombay and this time for good. Sumitra is shocked.

Edited by iloveidiotbox - 13 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Great job Anitha! Thanks for the update..Another filler episode
Originally posted by iloveidiotbox

Great job Anitha! Thanks for the update..Another filler episode

Thanks Priya for your words of encouragement.

Yeah it was indeed a slow episode but i cant help saying that "buying a girl takes lesser time than buying a car that too no paperwork and you get a beautifully dressed one" Sorry for the harsh statement but this custom is disgusting. I cannot imagine what the plight of girls who have to undergo this custom is.

its really sad that a well educated girl gets this as a gift of appreciation  for her hard work which she has to suffer her entire life.

Thanks for the awesome update Anita !!

This episode was boring, stupid, repulsive and disgusting all in one !! 

Boring - because too much of rona dhona, morose faces and unnecessary melodrama...

Stupid - because that SENSODYNE scene looked so out of place and weird...who are these dumb marketing people, who think placing a product promotion in between a show makes for a good advertisement ! come meet me fellas πŸ˜† you need to learn some basic lessons in marketing...Also, another stupid scene was Anandi's stomach ache and Phooli saying its because they are going to be separated !! really? πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Repulsive & Disgusting - because, a woman was being sold "literally" and people are shown to be enjoying, smiling, rejoicing, celebrating with music, khana peena et al....where are these so called moral police? who at every given opportunity protest against "western culture" like valentines day, rose day etc....how about protesting against such repulsive "indian culture" for once ! eh?
i agree as usual wid divs..respulsive is the mildest word i can thnk of for the track..how is this culture at all?i do not understand..and u know the sad aspect,most of the audience wil find jagya and gauri living together more contrary to their mindset thn this natha pratha track..tht is how we think..western hai toh kharab hai..Indian hai toh sab chalta hai..
Originally posted by anu rulz

i agree as usual wid divs..respulsive is the mildest word i can thnk of for the track..how is this culture at all?i do not understand..and u know the sad aspect,most of the audience wil find jagya and gauri living together more contrary to their mindset thn this natha pratha track..tht is how we think..western hai toh kharab hai..Indian hai toh sab chalta hai..

@Bold - Exactly Anu !! Its weird but true....not all, but majority of the Indians think this way....anything remotely western is looked down upon followed by the gyaan "yeah hamari sanskriti/culture nahin hai"...so these heinous customs like child marriage, natha pratha, female infanticide and honor killing are our culture??? why dont we see any protests against such "crimes"...I cant believe even in this era, in 2011 these customs are being followed in many villages in India !! and we say India is progressing...
its superlatively irritating yaar..now gauri is going to be looked down upon and called "the other woman" bt what is happening to phooli is all fine and dandy..why the hypocrisy?and protest against these practices never work coz there are 10 people to crush the one person who does so..and these shows actually end up promoting these practices wid their so-called "purzor virodh"..its utter ^&%*^&..all the channel does is exploit the feelings and sentiments..not spread awareness..
@Anu

Purzor Virodh....yeah right, thats Colors fav tagline !!....πŸ˜†πŸ˜† 
I agree with both of you Divya and Anu. We are very prompt at criticizing western culture when there is so much to improve in our own culture. As i look at it Living-in is just an unceremonious and un-glorified version of Natha Pratha. At least in a live in relationship (which i am personally not in favor of) a the girl and guy are by themselves and with mutual consent. the girl atleast has the right to walk away from the relationship if she wants. but in natha pratha, the girl lives in with the guy and sometimes even has to 'share' him with his other wife. but in this case she cannot even walk out of the relationship that easily not to forget because she was bought by her so called husband. I wonder if 'we' were the inspiration for the people of the west to adapt this culture?, atleast they did not include the money transaction part
I agree with most of your points Anita, but personally I dont think Live In is an unceremonious version of Natha Pratha.....mainly because Live in is not forced on anyone, its purely at the discretion of two consenting adults...may be out of love, just for fun or some other reason (as they are showing in BV) any which ways the concept of live in is not hurting anyone.......however, Natha Pratha is forced upon a girl either by emotional blackmail or in the name of customs and traditions....hence I dont see any correlation between these two things....but I agree that, at least in live-in a girl or for that matter even a guy has a right to walk out if things dont work out...its almost like a marriage, except that, there are no legalities involved....and the couples live like roomies, sharing all the costs and chores...Natha is at a totally different level, its almost like prostitution, albeit with one time payment and the saddest thing is parents playing the role of pimps ! (I feel disgusted even while I am writing this....but its the truth, wonder how the girls who go through this feel) πŸ€’