Other Topics

Change in serial content!

Charuu thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Not sure how many of you will agree to this, but are you all not tired of the same crappy family drama. I do love family drama- no offense, but for some reason the tamil serials do not focus on love, romance, chemistry and passion. I understand that its hard for tamil audience to accept such things from a serial, but u never know - maybe it will be well received. I really would love to see serials to the likes of
Kitni mohabbat hai by Imagine TV - this is a family drama too, but they show so much of romance and it totally quenches the thirst of the viewers, we all work so hard everyday and we need something light and sweet to make up our day!!
Another serial that won my heart is chand chupa badal mein - its gotta a lot of crying, emotions, drama too....but the romance is not missed.
And of course the most famour GEET serial with the lead pair Maan and Geet being so hot and romantic!

Dont serial directors know this or is it tough to do these kidn of serials. One challenge for sure is funds. they need to spend more on good sets and especially costumes/makeup. The costumes and makeup for the leading folks are impeccable in the serials i mentioned.

And our tamil channels have to audition for good looking men and women to take up these lead pairs.

cmon serial directors, read this and do something....we wanna see love on the screen and let the backdrop be family!!!!

how many of you agree?

Charu.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

eljay thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I agree fully with you, charuu, but these Tamil serials do not seem to understand that most of us are tired of these same old stuff - MIL, DIL quarrels, or else SIL, BIL stuff, kidnappings, murders, etc.,  Most of us are tired at the end of the day and some light hearted stuff, showing good people who care about each other will go a long way towards lightening our moods, rather than all this unnecessary drama with villains and schemers and mean mouthed characters, not to mention all the abuse, both physical and verbal.  I would personally love something that shows genuine affection and love, with some problems thrown in that are solved without resorting to threats, villains, kidnapping, violence and murders.  Make it like what happens in a real family.  Unfortunately, the serial directors are not listening.
Charuu thumbnail
thanks eljay. am glad that there is a soul that thinks the same way. For starters these directorrs can just atleast copy whats happening in hindi, and i know that our folks are far more capablty of giving very good such mild happy stuff. But they are worried that the average middle class famil;y or lower income peoplw might not accept?
Charuu thumbnail

I am sorry if i am implying anything wrong. I just started this as a discussion thread. Please inout ur comments people.

raaspach thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Hi charu...
Welcome to IF and tamil sections..πŸ˜›

I completely agree with u...Our directors and their one way traffic mind need a change...same concepts with different lead pairs and names...that is tamil drama...🀒

I dont have any idea abt KMH and geet..but i've seen CCBM...Yes,its a nice family drama...
But my fav .is sasural gendha phool....πŸ˜›It would be awesome if get to see such funny/senti/romantic family drama in tamil ....

But nowadays...Tamil shows are being remade in hindhi...first thirumathi selvam as Pavithra rishta...but PR is much better the TMS...really....Then idhayam and now its kolangal....πŸ€”...

Only vijay TV gave us some good shows like kaana kaanum kaalanga and Anbe vaa..but they r now more interested in dubbing hindhi serials...πŸ˜•

Our tamil directors can also try something new ,interesting family drama...with less RKO's and Saabams...😊

atina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Hi Charu,
welcome to our forum....

Thanks for starting this topic....Good one...Please keep visiting us in all the other sections too....
rojapoooo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Chaaru, welcome. I would actually like to see some comedy dramas -
Like Yeh Jo hai Zindagi or Ghar Jamai or some thing in the lines of
Mind Your Language. I was switching channels today - hoping to see
some light entertaining movie on the New Year's day but no, all the channels had violent tragedies - Gori Palayam, Maina etc., And some
nice romance , soulful one would be nice too. Over and above all this, I would like some stories which are closer to real life - not the kind where the baddies have no other job other than vengeance and in the final episode the good wins !!!
alaipayuthey thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
hey,
i agree with you 100%!

i'm so sick of these mother in laws and daughter in laws!
true there is some romance here and there but after the marriage the hero either turns bad or is completely forgotten!

vijay tv did used to give good romance/friendship serials in past like kana kaanum kaalangal and kaadhalikka neramillai but nowadays the dramas are more family type and have village backdrop!

not that i hate those kind of serials, its just that us young people tend to like serials that relate to us i.e. ones with a higher focus on love and friendship.

seriously there may be war between MIL and DIL in real life but they do not go around attcking each other in most cases like they do in these serials!

we want reality!
Charuu thumbnail
If any if you have worked closely with any of these actors, serial directors - mayb we should feed them our responses.
srima thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks charu for starting this topic. Yes I agree with you in that most our Tamil serials are crappy. ost of the Hindi serials no way better , specially Balaji productions. Acting is mediocre in hindi serials though the heros & heroins are paraded with painted face[ inspite of most of them having  fair complexion] , heavy jewellery even while cooking or sleeping. Yes as Roja pointed out light comedies like Yeh jo hai jindagi , Nukkad , some Sai Paranjpe's serials were class of its kind, but those were things of past. For good tamil serials we can count on KB sir but few takers for such serials ,very low TRP ratings.