TOI: Mom's not the word -- Sanjeeda

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago

Moms not the word 

Sanjeeda Shaikh says no to mom ads 

Navya Malini 

Television actor Sanjeeda Shaikh is in demand these days.Apart from her stint in the daily soap Hi Padosi,Kaun Hai Doshi,the actress is doing lots of television commercials.
Her ad portfolio is quite impressive too.The actress is happy to have endorsed some of the renowned brands in her kitty.Sanjeeda insists like her soaps,she would stick to doing ad films where she will portray a young girl.No mom roles for me in ads too.I cant be the mother of a two year old child in an ad! May be five years down the line I will take up these mom ads,but not now, says Sanjeeda adding further,I can be a wife in ads (and have done a couple of similar ads along with Aamir Ali),but not mom ads please.

Sanjeeda Shaikh 

[Previous] Ahmedabad Times [Next]

armu thanx 4 sharing😊

Sanju HERSELF HAS ADMITTED THAT she would not mind to play the role of a wife. if she doesn't like to play the role of a mom of a two-three year old child the script can be adapted accordingly.

it would be better that she would play a role of a sensible wife than to play the role in a show which is a good for nothing the one in which she is playing currently.

the KEY QUEST is that viewers wants novelty in script/topic/story and it is not only producer's and channel's bad luck but also the viewer's and her fan's bad luck that her talent is not being utilized.
She is doing a great job at playing Sejal its a wise decision to not succumb to industry standards of typecasting females in housewives and motherly roles👏