Singer Chitra lost her daughter!!

Posted: 12 years ago
First, sorry to post this request information here.

Yesterday, on the occasion of tamil New year, I came to know that Singer Chitra's only daughter Nandana slipped into swimming pool reached the feet of god at the age of eight. God gave Nandana  to Chitra after she hanged for kid for about 15 years. This is a heavy disaster in her life which can not be compensated with anything.

I request everyone to pray for soul of small kid and Chitra and her husband to have courage and build mental strength to bear this incident.

I sincerely pray god to give her kid in some or other form (reminded me  of Bommu kutty ammavukku film) to make her forget this incident.

Edited by atina - 12 years ago
Singer Chithra's daughter drowns in Dubai pool
(Sajila Saseendran)
credits::khaleejtimes.com
15 April 2011, 7:27 AM
Indian playback singer K.S. Chithra's only daughter drowned in a villa pool in Dubai on Thursday, sparking an outpouring of grief from thousands of Indian expatriates in the UAE.

Eight-year-old Nandana died after drowning in the swimming pool at a villa in Emirates Hills in the morning as the popular singer was reportedly preparing to leave for a rehearsal for a major concert in Sharjah later in the day. Chithra and her husband Vijayshankar were blessed with Nandana after nearly 15 years of marriage.

A Dubai Police source said the parents found the child in the pool at the patio after they realised that she was not inside the home.

A family source said Nandana had reportedly walked out to the patio and accidentally slipped into the pool before being noticed by anyone. "Chithra had left the child in the bedroom after giving her a bath. The child stepped out when Chithra was taking a shower. Unfortunately, the pool was very close to this bedroom," he said.

Though the child was immediately rushed to Cedars Jebel Ali International Hospital, she was pronounced dead on arrival. Close friends and colleagues who rushed to the hospital could not console the devastated mother who was known for her special caring for the child.

As the news of the death of the child broke during the day, condolence messages started pouring in from thousands of Chithra's fans in the UAE, India and other countries.

Offering prayers and expressing solidarity to the singer, popularly known as Little Nightingale of South India who successfully bridged the North-South divide in playback singing, fans posted condolence messages across social networking sites and news portals. Many remembered the story of how Chithra used to thank God for blessing her with the child after she sang a devotional song in a hit film named 'Nandanam'.

"This is painful news. Request and plead the Almighty to please give strength to our own Chithra to face this sad moment of her life. The Gulf has always enjoyed her voice. TV channels have programmes everyday wherein she is the main judge. I cannot express my feelings," Khaleej Times reader Umesh posted on our website.

Aliyar Kunju, a taxi driver from Kerala, said he was shocked to hear the tragedy that struck his beloved singer. "I've seen her performing live only once at Al Nasr Leisure Land in 1990s. But not a single day passes without me hearing her songs through various FM channels. It's so sad that she had to face this tragedy, that too here in Dubai," he said.

A six-time national award winner, who has a Padma Shri award to her credit among various other laurels, Chithra was in town to perform at a musical extravaganza to celebrate the compositions of Oscar award-winning music director A.R. Rahman at Sharjah Cricket Stadium on Thursday evening.

While other celebrities taking part in the show stayed at hotels, Chithra and her husband Vijayashankar, an engineer,  as usual, preferred to stay at her friend's?                                                  villa to offer better comforts to her daughter. Legendary singer K.J. Yesudas, who has sung thousands of songs with Chithra, and his wife Prabha Yesudas were among the celebrities who visited the grieving couple in Dubai. Several other singers and stars visited Chithra's house in Chennai, said Devaraj Komath, father of music director Deepak Dev, who lives in Chithra's neighbourhood in Chennai.

Various associations and Indian Consulate in Dubai also offered condolences to the singer's family. Consul-General Sanjay Verma said consulate staff was on standby to assist them with consular procedures though it was a holiday for the mission. The child's body was flown to Chennai on an Emirates flight at 9.30pm.

Film personalities pay their last respect to Chitra's 8 year old daughter Nandana

Credits to IC Tech News

The entire South India was shrouded with Gloom when Chitra's daughter met with an unexpected and a sad ending. People from different places visited the singers place to pay condolence to Chitra and her family. Film personalities were also at her side in this difficult time of her life. The funeral took place  Vadapalani AVM Funeral (Burial) Ground at 4:30 pm.

The singer who has won many accolades for her sweet voice was inconsolable as Nanadana's body was being taken to the funeral ground. Fans lined up from Dasarathapuram to AVM studios while the body of the 8 year old was moves slowly and many paid their last respect by offering flower to the little one.

It was a very sad day and the mother who is also known as the Nightingale of the South broke down again and again. Film personalities and singers were by her side but her grief was too big to be consoled. SP Balasubramaniam, Ilayaraja, S Janaki, P Suseela, Sharath, Rajamani, Sujatha, actor Ajith, sportsperson Shiny Wilson were among the many who were present to give Chitra a helping hand. Talking about the incident Shiny Wilson said, "This is really not fair and that to a person like Chitra it is tragic and shocking."

The entire film fraternity and fan base of Chitra was shocked at the unexpected incident.  Near and dear ones came from Kochi and Trivandrum as soon as they heard that Nandana drowned in the swimming pool. Taking to TOI a family said that a maid always accompanies Chitra in every trip and act as Nandana's nanny, however this time she missed the trip and this happened.

I saw this on 14 th . My heart goes out to Chithra.. The worst
tragedy is loosing a child . No parent should go through this.
And that child was also a special child . May her soul rest in peace.
May God give Chithra the courage to face this.
R.I.P little ANGEL. May god give the strength and courage to the grieving parents to handle such a unrecoverable loss. 
My heart goes to the family of my most favorite singer Chitra. The tremor of the death is being felt
here too. May the God almighty give her the strength and courage to face at this very crucial and difficult time.  I know no words can compensate her in any way but let us all pray for the little child's
soul to rest in peace.  Time may not heal her sorrow but let us all hope and pray that she will
over come this soon. I am truly very sad.

Originally posted by hareramk

First, sorry to post this request information here.

Yesterday, on the occasion of tamil New year, I came to know that Singer Chitra's only daughter Nandana slipped into swimming pool reached the feet of god at the age of eight. God gave Nandana  to Chitra after she hanged for kid for about 15 years. This is a heavy disaster in her life which can not be compensated with anything.

I request everyone to pray for soul of small kid and Chitra and her husband to have courage and build mental strength to bear this incident.

I sincerely pray god to give her kid in some or other form (reminded me  of Bommu kutty ammavukku film) to make her forget this incident.

Request to the director: Take this incident as a lesson and do not portray and child abuse, abortion, misconception, loss of child life. It is unbearable. Do not show any such scene in the serial.

Kindly save Chitra and Swetha's kid. Even though serail is not a real life, the scene might affect many affected people like Singer Chitra in our small tamil community whoever watch this serial. Try not to hurt anyone.

If possible in your story line make Chitra get girl baby and name her Nandana. Let this is be tribute to 6 time national award winner Chitra's daughter Nandana.

Hi folks since this is posted in this Uravugal section....the author of this thread is writing about this serial.....and his request above is actually to the director of Uravugal...Balaji Yadav.....and it is just a co incidence that the character mentioned above also has the same name Chitra.....

Just for the information of the other readers who do not follow this serial....

With deepest sympathy
We're sharing your sorrow

May the peace which comes from the memories of love shared comfort you now and in the days ahead
We may not understanding why sad things happen, may it somehow help to know how much we care

\
May these flowers in some way help to express our heartfelt sympathy
From the Development Team Members of Tamil Section

Very heart breaking incident what god wishes through it no human can assume. It's very bad that at the age 8 she should meet god. god is cruel.....sometimes. My deepest condolence to chitra&her husband..
The death of a child is the worst thing that can happen in the life time of the parents. Life is never the same....
We can all pray for some peace for the parents.