Anant and Chacha Jee: Violation of Principles

Posted: 12 years ago
Greetings. Howdy? 

Tonight, it was queerly entertaining. On that, sane entertainment it is so I didn't mind the circumstances under which I got to liking the episode, anyhow. 

Mr. Bajpai, Anant's uncle is a powerful character. He may be jobless, or I presume, a writer or somebody - he has outright principles that he doesn't give up and so the family's exposure on him each day is diminished. But he loves his kid, and he subjected himself to a breakdown without any shame. That's one thing most men do not get involved in. Anyhow, he may be an aloof man at his 'distinctive-best' in the household, his principles have been violated. He believes his daughter has the right to know what plans are being plotted for her life, she's to carve it herself and he doesn't care if he and his wife are elements of no importance in the family. He wouldn't mind his status in the family, would know he'd help his wife through the blues and the complex the family members get her but he wouldn't tolerate the violation of his principles. Sadly enough, there are enough people around to do that to him each day.

And now, we'd talk of his nephew. Mister Anant is another Bajpai man of principles. His case maybe totally different, but he's gotten the same string of aloofness. He's present right in the middle of kids his age, but he does, as a matter of fact - think like a forty year old, pragmatic man. He's sad bout marriages getting broken but he's not cynical. He lives his life as object to the wrath of elders who think the generation he is part of is a waste, who violate every norm of decency and Hinduism each day whereas he does not bother about that community of elders or the youth he's actually part of. He has his own simple fundamentals which tell him there are hundred other things to do while you are just trying to get to know some girl 'better' and he doesn't mind either if he has to tell his best buddy that his thing with his girlfriend is senseless. Senseless, of course - only to him! The dimension of Anant's 'powerful' is vitally different from that of his uncle, but these men live in their own peaceful worlds and expect others to respect the walls they've built around them. Ranbeer and Harry have gotten to violating Anant's principles. Alright, these principles are vague in a sense that Anant is created and designed and all that to fall in love here in the show. But, it still counts.

These men clasped my attention all throughout. They act well, they are presentable characters, I wouldn't laugh at. So way to go! Best thing is, even if momentarily - their principles are not vague, even with respect to the serial.

The Navya squad was cool too tonight. Appy made a cracker statement that criticizing fate is like inviting it or whatever, in the serial world's context - she really made a lot of sense. Chachi jee made enough sense to me, she was begging her daughter to fetch her and her man respect. She's a helpless lady who needs to seek authority in the house, respect for her husband and all that is shit to me and all about their lives to a million ladies in India. Sigh. 

Your views?   

-Kankshita

Edited by -Kanky- - 12 years ago
Wasteful people, comment. 😳
Why do the grandparents have more say in to grandchildrens' future than the parents? Why are parents shown to be the ones "giving in" to their parents' decisions about their own children?

Just how we, the younger generation are expected to respect and accept the norms and the values of family and society, isn't it the elders' duty too to accept the ongoing change in the norms and values? Shouldn't the older generation too try to understand the new generation? No one's saying to totally give in to the new generations' demands ...but just how we are expected to "let go" of somethings....shouldn't the older generation also "let go" of some of the stringent old traditions and norms with changing times?

Why is Nimisha being coerced in to marrying at an early age that too without her consent? Why doesn't her father have any say in his daughter's life? have anant's family members been living in some secluded section of the city that they don't know how much society has changed? A woman is the President of their country for goodness sakes!

Its sad to see the condition of the uncle. I guess Anant's beliefs do sorta reflect his. But the only difference is that he never took a stand whereas Anant will take a stand sooner or later.

Anant and Ranbir's conversation was nicely done. It gave a good contrast between two types of people of the same generation. Anant's resistance to Ranbir's words about falling in love showed that he's not the kind who would give in to peer pressure just to "fit in". He is the way he is and there's nothing wrong with that.

Tomorrow Anant comes to know about Nimi's wedding plans and he, as anyone would, feels its not the right decision and wants to put forth his say in front of the "Baba". the mom will pretty much stop him from doing so as expected to avoid any conflict in the family.

@kanky--- dude people might be typing up😆  besides for some of us who are in US or other country, have to wait till its up on Youtube to watch it. lol
Edited :

I guess Amy said it quite a lot what i 'd like to..So no point of writing "dat" same thing again..

Have a nice discussion.
Edited by piya2025 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by Ramy25

Why do the grandparents have more say in to grandchildrens' future than the parents? Why are parents shown to be the ones "giving in" to their parents' decisions about their own children?

Just how we, the younger generation are expected to respect and accept the norms and the values of family and society, isn't it the elders' duty too to accept the ongoing change in the norms and values? Shouldn't the older generation too try to understand the new generation? No one's saying to totally give in to the new generations' demands ...but just how we are expected to "let go" of somethings....shouldn't the older generation also "let go" of some of the stringent old traditions and norms with changing times?

Why is Nimisha being coerced in to marrying at an early age that too without her consent? Why doesn't her father have any say in his daughter's life? have anant's family members been living in some secluded section of the city that they don't know how much society has changed? A woman is the President of their country for goodness sakes!

Its sad to see the condition of the uncle. I guess Anant's beliefs do sorta reflect his. But the only difference is that he never took a stand whereas Anant will take a stand sooner or later.

Anant and Ranbir's conversation was nicely done. It gave a good contrast between two types of people of the same generation. Anant's resistance to Ranbir's words about falling in love showed that he's not the kind who would give in to peer pressure just to "fit in". He is the way he is and there's nothing wrong with that.

Tomorrow Anant comes to know about Nimi's wedding plans and he, as anyone would, feels its not the right decision and wants to put forth his say in front of the "Baba". the mom will pretty much stop him from doing so as expected to avoid any conflict in the family.

Call me something else please! 🥱

Yes, of course. This family really gets me the feel as if they're secluded or their idea of the world round's really vague or something. And yes, again - I agree. Uncle never made a stand, Anant will but anyhow the aloofness I was talking about is what appeals to me, these characters are powerful.

Your questions are on everybody's mind who watches the show. So, never mind. The revelation will come around. What Ranbeer stated fitted my head well too, during the conversation. His say is righteous in his own way. And I'd like to believe it is as true and crisp as Anant's two cents over the same issue of love. Ranbeer is a perfect youth of today, Anant is a man of his own - already a man. I'd do jumping-jacks if Anant goes to his grandfather and confronts his sister. No, I won't but I'd still like it! 

Thanks for replying! 

Originally posted by Ramy25

@kanky--- dude people might be typing up😆  besides for some of us who are in US or other country, have to wait till its up on Youtube to watch it. lol

Oh, sad. Next time, I'll use a different font so people make out this isn't long long actually. 😛
nice post kanky.😳....agree with u all.....actually i can understand ananth to an extend....about marriage and divorse getting very normal.😕...my views too match up with his on this...to an extend..🤓....and he has a reason  too...being brought up i n a conservative family and all🤔...but still he is the odd man out in his own house😎.just like his uncle..he has his own principles😊......he is modern...but with principles😍...and somehow we all can see that he is soon going to change his principles and modify them...😉
umm what do you mean by "call me something else"?

anyways, Ranbeer was right in his own way and Anant was right in his own way. he wasn't forcing Anant to find love, but he was may be trying to make him aware of a possibility of him falling in love and well how long would he be able to defer or deny the feeling because of his "principles". That's why it was a nice conversation between two best friends.

regarding anant confronting his grand dad--- well for that we will just have to wait.😆 he seemed quite determined but the mom could emotionally bring his determination down for the "greatest good for the greatest number" argument.😆
Originally posted by deeps07

nice post kanky.😳....agree with u all.....actually i can understand ananth to an extend....about marriage and divorse getting very normal.😕...my views too match up with his on this...to an extend..🤓....and he has a reason  too...being brought up i n a conservative family and all🤔...but still he is the odd man out in his own house😎.just like his uncle..he has his own principles😊......he is modern...but with principles😍...and somehow we all can see that he is soon going to change his principles and modify them...😉
I have gotten no-nonsense views bout marriages, I dun believe in them. 😆 Yes, Uncle and Anant are both different from all other creatures that hail from their family. 

P.S Thanks and call me K, what's your name?