|| Sasural Simar Ka Articles Archive || - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago

Drawing inspiration from Bollywood

Salman Khan's fascination for his on-screen name Prem is widely known. This name that Sallu bhai has been called in many of his blockbuster movies, has become synonymous with him. 

And that's one thing in common between Salman and the male lead Shoaib of Sasural Simar Ka on Colors. Well, it turns out that Shoaib is a huge Salman fan and he clearly wishes that some of his icon's luck rubs off on him too. And he has started off with Salman's most favoured on-screen name. The lad convinced the makers of the show to rename his character as Prem. 

This is a 25-year-old boy who is the apple of everyone's eyes. Prem hails from a well known and an affluent family. Now that his parents wish him to get married, hordes of people from rich households are lining up on his doorstep to ask his parents for his hand for their respective daughters. Although flattered by all this, Prem insists that his future wife has to come from a middle class background as he believes good values and sanskaar are taught only in middle class households these days. He's not narrow minded or chauvinistic, rather he prefers to look beyond the glamour of money and all the vices that come with it.

New TV serials fail to charm 

The last few months have seen at least ten serials shut shop owing to poor TRPs;old shows rule 

Roshni K Olivera 

Most TV serials launched over the last year have failed to make a mark.New shows Sasural Simar Ka,Dor,Phulwa,Mukti Bandhan,Navya,Love U Zindagi,Looteri Dulhan,Krishnaben Khakrawala,Chajje Chajje,Ring Wrong Ring,Hamari Saas Leela have not impressed viewers.The shelf life of a TV serial today has reduced drastically and shows dont even last six months anymore ! Pardes Mein Mila Koi Apna,Kismat,Aarakshan,Gunahon Ka Devta,Mera Naam Karegi Roshan,Sanjog Se Bani Sangini,Pyar Mein Twist,Geeta Ka Dharamyudh,Maati Ki Banno and Baat Hamari Pakki Hai,all shut shop within a few months owing to poor Television Rating Points (TRPs).

THE REAL PROBLEM 

One of the problems is the herd mentality.When one show clicks,everyone tries to make shows along the same lines.Says Saurabh Tewary,programming head (fiction) of a TV channel,Everyone starts following a successful format till it is totally killed! In the TV industry,room for experimentation and innovation is very less. 
Its also the TV viewing patterns that have changed,says produceractor JD Majethia.Viewers are no longer as loyal as they used to be.They sample a new show,but quickly turn away if they dont find it appealing.Also,people today watch two shows at the same time. Broadcasters,unlike earlier,now have many shows in the pipeline.If a serial doesnt yield a good response,they axe it as have other options ready, says Majethia.

OLD SHOWS RULE 

With new shows not taking off,old ones like Balika Vadhu,Pavitra Rishta,Uttaran,Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai,Saathiya,Yahan Mein Ghar Ghar Kheli and Tarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah continue to dominate the TRP charts.Take the case of Balika Vadhu.After being the number one show two years ago,its ratings fell.But now that the plot has taken a twist,its back with a bang.Says producer Sunjoy Waddhwa,Strong characterisation is what has worked for old shows.In Balika Vadhu too the characters have been etched out well.Most importantly,its been accepted by the audience.Over a period of time,a serial can go through a lull but it can bounce back because of this reason. 
Says producer Rupali Guha,With an increase in non-fiction reality shows and cricket,news and regional programming leading to audience fragmentation,creating a successful social drama has become a challenge for channels and producers.Meanwhile,older,successful shows are safe bets for an audience that feels comfortable watching familiar faces and following their stories.

STRUGGLING TO MAKE A MARK: Stills from Dor and Sasural Simar Ka 

Shashank Vyas and Pratyusha Banerjee to perform for Simar's Sangeet

Shashank Vyas and Pratyusha Banerjee to perform for Simar's Sangeet

ColorsSasural Simar Ka to see a celebrity galore for Simar and Prem's Sangeet ceremony...

Colors is preparing for the grand wedding of Simar (Deepika Samson) and Prem (Shoaib Ibrahim) in Sasural Simar Ka.

But since it is a big fat Indian wedding, pre wedding ceremonies are bound to happen and we hear that the channel is planning to make the pre wedding functions a celebrity galore.

A source says, "There are a lot of functions before the wedding and for the Sangeet ceremony viewers will see Jagya (Shashank Vyas) and Anandi (Pratyusha Banerjee), fromBalika Vadhu,performing for the occasion."

We contacted Shashank Vyas and he said, "I cannot comment anything on that because I have not got an official call from anyone as of now."

Pratyusha Banerjee was unavailable for comments.

Well viewers, get ready to see the next big fat Indian wedding in ColorsSasural Simar Ka…  

Reporter: Ranjini Nair
Author: Saranya Valsarajan
________________________________________--

Singing talents on the sets of Sasural Simar Ka...

Singing talents on the sets of Sasural Simar Ka...

Shoaib Ibrahim and Ashish Roy kill time singing on the sets...

Seems like killing free time on the sets ofColorsSasural Simar Ka is not a big deal forShoaib Ibrahim and Ashish Roy. Wondering how?

We hear that Shoaib Ibrahim and Ashish Roy have their gala time on the sets singing their favourite melodies together. Both of them have great singing talents that they exhibit during their free time on the sets.

TellyBuzz contacted Shoaib and he said, "Yes, we both love singing and whenever we get a break froom shoot we start singing together. Though I love singing, I have not given it a thought professionally. I love to sing to have fun and indeed I am having great fun singing with Ashish."

Well, seems like we have two singing idols on the sets…

Simar to give the final auditions in Sasural Simar Ka

Simar to give the final auditions in Sasural Simar Ka

Under the compulsion of Hitchki, Simar will give her final auditions in ColorsSasural Simar Ka...

Simar (Deepika Samson) and Prem (Shoaib Ibrahim) are going to tie the sacred bond in some days. But seems like problems are awaiting Simar with the entry of Hitchki, inColorsSasural Simar Ka.

A source says, "After all the heavy arguments and misunderstandings, the air got cleared recently between Prem and Simar. But now Simar is blackmailed by Hitchki asking her to perform for the final auditions. Knowing this Roli (Avika Gor) and Bua (Himani Shivpuri) plan to get Hitchki out of the house."

"But in the coming episodes, the viewers will see all the efforts of them going in vain which will compel Simar to give the final auditions", adds source.

We tried calling Deepika Samson, but she was unavailable for quotes.

Will Prem and his family come to know about Simar's performance? Will Simar be able to hide this from her family?

Watch all the twists and turns in the coming episodes of ColorsSasural Simar Ka

TV soaps get a knotty twist

Shruti Jambhekar, TNN | Jul 20, 2011, 12.00am IST

Brightly lit homes teeming with family members rushing to complete last minute preparations, the bridal couple in their designer trousseau, lots of naach-gana thrown in during the sangeet-mehendi ceremonies — are now the binding factor in Hindi prime time soaps, Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai,Sasural Simar Ka, Mrs Tendulkar, Hamari Saas Leela, Phulwa, Mrs Kaushik Ki Paanch Bahueinand Bade Acche Lagte Hain. 

All these shows have introduced (or are on the verge of introducing) wedding tracks, complete with special episodes devoted to the various ceremonies leading to the D-Day. 

What makes showmakers so fascianted with weddings right now? More importantly how are these tracks woven in the show? Producer Rajan Shahi says, "Marriages have a huge connect with masses, as audiences love to see their favourite reel couple tie the nuptial knot on screen. The Naitik-Akshara marriage track in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai was shown for over a month and got us great TRPs. Currently Rashmi's wedding track is going on (in the same show) and audiences are loving it." 

What about the budget? Introducing a wedding track would mean having lavish sets and ornate costumes. Shahi admits that the cost of production does shoot up because apart from "lavish sets and costumes", wedding tracks require more actors and junior artists", but goes on to add that authenticity is "important" to get the "look and feel of real weddings right". Producer Siddharth Tewary, whose show Phulwa's got an ongoing marriage track, says, "We do proper research about the region's marriage rituals and invest in props, sets, costumes before we shoot. Plus, marriages also have an instant connect with the audience, so, the expenses are worth the effort." 

Actors also seem to have loads of fun while shooting these tracks. Dipika Samson who plays the lead in Sasural Simar Ka, says with a grin, "There's so much fun on the sets because my character's getting married in the show. It feels as if I'm rehearsing for my real marriage!" 

How do channels perceive such tracks? Fiction head Sukesh Motwani of a GEC says, "In real life, marriages are important, exciting and hold a huge emotional value. Similarly, marriage tracks in soaps usually herald a high point in the show and holds the viewer too. So one needs to be as authentic as possible while shooting these tracks." 

As long as the reel marriages keep the audiences glued (and bring in the TRPs), GECs will pull out all strings to make these weddings grand and picture-perfect. All we can say to these new 'reel' couples is shaadi mubaarak ho, until the next track comes up!

"Glycerin annoys me"- Shoaib Ibrahim

"Glycerin annoys me"- Shoaib Ibrahim

Shoaib Ibrahim aka Prem of Sasural Simar Ka answers the spontaneous Quick Grills this week...

A childhood scar that you have: I was not really mischievous as a kid. So I do not have any.

What does is most annoying aspect in television? use of glycerin.

A lie that you have said and is still being carrying today:
 I cannot say that

What is the first thing you notice in girls?Their way of talking

The least favourite job that you had:
 I hate doing assignments when I was doing my engineering.

You are updated with: 
Facebook

Name one thing that most people do not know about you: 
I am a little shy and take time to gel with people, which are at most times mistaken as my attitude. I would like to clear that I am a nice boy.

A cooking experiment that you tried that turned out to be a calamity:
 It has happened many a times. One that I would like to mention is when I tried to make Khichdi at my friend's place. It turned out to be something else.

One superstitious element in you: 
I do not believe in any.

Apart from acting what other profession attracts you?
 None, I always wanted to become an actor.

On a scale of ten how will you rate your patience? 
On the industry basis, I would like to give a ten on ten. But in real life I am a little short tempered to close ones, for that I would give myself a seven.

A poster that you had on your wall when you grew up: 
We are not allowed to stick posters on wall other than the religious ones.  

Last time you cried:
 Recently when my father came down to meet me and while going back he gave me hug and I could not stop my tears.

If I look inside your refrigerator, what can I find?
 Nothing expect bottle of water.

If Hollywood made a movie about your life, who would you like to see play your role:Leonardo Dicaprio. I guess I resemble him in many ways.

Reporter and Author: Saranya Valsarajan

Telly's big wedding

Riyaz Gangji will dress Simar for her shaadi

Pradip Gupta 

Every bride dreams of wearing the perfect designer outfit on for her wedding. When Simar from Colors' Sasural Simar Ka decided to take the plunge and marry Prem, the hunt for her shaadi ka joda began. The channel has roped in designer Riyaz Ganjii, who has designed for many a Bollywood celebrity. He has conceptualised the leading couple's look keeping their characters and grand scale of the wedding in mind. He has used maroon and green — the traditional bridal colours — for Simar's lehenga and embellished it with contemporary Swarovski and the traditional zardozi work. Deepika Samson, who plays Simar, says, "I adore the entire look that Riyaz has put together. My lehengacholi and dupatta is heavier than me, but the outfit is so well designed that you don't mind putting it on." To complement Simar's outfit, Prem's sherwani has also been designed in gold and maroon. Adds Shoaib Ibrahim, who plays Prem, "A bride's outfit is the highlight in a wedding but Riyaz has given equal importance to Prem's look. The sherwani looks grand. I would like him to design for my real-life wedding too." Ashvini Yardi, Programming Head, Colors, says, "This wedding is the high point for the show and we are doing everything possible to make it larger than life. Riyaz's ethnic designs will bring alive the wedding celebrations and make Simar-Prem the ultimate onscreen couple." Riyaz is, obviously, very excited about this venture. He says, "Television is an exciting medium for us to showcase our designs and connect with the viewers, who then usually become our customers."

GRAND GARB: Deepika Samson and Shoaib Ibrahim and (inset) Riyaz Gangji

An Indya source infroms, "On the wedding day, the pandit will prepone the mahurat of the wedding and the timing will clash with Simar's final audition ofChak Dhoom Dhoom. With no other option at hand, Bua will convince Roli to don the bridal outfit and join Prem in the mandap, while Simar will be busy giving the audition."

Dipika, when contacted, confirmed the track but refused to comment further. Nevertheless, she was very excited when asked about her wedding outfit that has been designed by Riyaz Gangji. Her beautiful lehenga designed by Riyaz with peacock designs and rich color combinations enhances Simar's personality. Her couture is detailed out perfectly complimenting the hazel eyed beauty.

Deepika who just weighs 45 kgs figured that her rich lehenga choli weighs around 50 kgs! "My lehenga is just perfect and the color combination too brings out the beauty of the couture. But, later I realized that my outfit is heavier than me", she smiles. After all, Riyaz has created this outfit for Simar and it's worth it. While a bride is nervous on her D-Day, I am equally nervous about managing my outfit too," quips Deepika.

Will Simar reach the wedding venue in time? To find out keep watching Sasural Simar Ka on Colors.

We saw Simar assuring Prem not to pursue her dreams anymore and the wedding preparations started on a pleasant note. However, things again went wrong when Hitchki, the organizer of the show traced Simar and compelled her to participate in the dance competition.

This leaves her in a dilemma as the date of the competition coincides with her wedding. However,bua ji (Himani Shivpuri) and Roli (Avika Gor) help her in getting out of the trouble. Simar leaves for the competition and in her absence; Roli gets dressed in her disguise.   

As per a source, "Simar misconstrued that Prem was fine with her going for the dance competition. Fortunately in spite of seeing Simar on stage Prem assumed the entire episode to be an illusion. Bua ji will try to delay the jaymala ceremony and keep people away from Roli.  Simar is supposed to be on the stage with Roli whereas she is actually in the competition. After a lot of fuss Prem will be asked to exchange garlands with the bride but luckily Simar will reach the venue on time. Hence, at the last minute the lights will go off and bua ji will manage to replace Roli with Simar".