Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sanaroxx thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Saural Simar Ka SimarMore Pics
Khushi (Jyotsana Chandola), who is hell-bent on making Simar's (Dipika Samson) life miserable, has weaved a conspiracy to trap Simar in Colors' TV's Sasural Simar Ka.

The show will soon reach a high point when in an attempt to expose Khushi, Simar lands up in jail.

The upcoming episodes of 'Sasural Simar Ka' will be gripping and packed with some high voltage drama as the protagonist Simar gets arrested. Its celebration time in the Bharadwaj family as their youngest son Sankalp is all set to tie the knot with Khushi. The preparations for the wedding are in full-swing but all this will come to stand still.

Simar and Roli ( Avvika Gor) have been keeping an eye on Khushi. Now, Khushi will bluff Simar with the help of her friend when she asks the friend to dress up like her.

In the midst of the sangeet ceremony, Simar follows the friend mistaking her for Khushi. Simar lands up at the dance bar where Khushi was supposed to perform and realizes it's a trap.
The situation will take an ugly turn when police raid the dance bar but Roli will somehow manage to rescue her. Khushi will mis-place her cell phone and the cops will reach the Bharadwaj house to arrest Simar.

Dipika Samson remained unavailable for comment.
pumaa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Jaldi Five with Jayati Bhatia

I'm very impressed by Ranbir Kapoor and in the next few years he'll be the king of versatility

Top 5 Actors

1. Amitabh Bachchan

2.Dilip Kumar

3.Marlon Brando

4. Al Pacino

5. Shahrukh Khan. (But I'm also very impressed by Ranbir Kapoor and in the next few years he'll be the king of versatility.)

Top 5 Food Items

1. Machher Jhol

2. French Fries (Any time of the day)

3. Cheese

4. Dark chocolates

5. Salted cashews (Have you noticed how all of them are fattening foods?)

Top 5 dream destinations to travel

1. The Mediterranean

2. Norway

3. Latin America

4. All the places in India

5. London (I have never been able to go London as some or the other problem comes up so I am determined to make it soon)

Top 5 Movies

1. Kabhi Kabhi

2. Dilwale Dulhaniya le Jayenge (This movie has to be in everybody's list)

3. Sholay

4. Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron

5. Philadelphia

Top 5 dance tracks for you

1. Dhunki from 'Mere Brother ki Dulhan)

2. Dhoom Again (This is a very weird choice) from 'Dhoom 2)

3. All songs of Pakeezah

4. Any Micheal Jackson song (Though I can't do the moon walk!)

5. Marjaani from Billoo Barber

pumaa thumbnail

Gen Y disconnected from I-Day, say veteran artistes

15th August is a day that emphasizes the equality of all Indians, regardless of where we're from or how much we earn. Considering this, isn't it ironic that there is a huge gap between the way youngsters see Independence Day and the way our elders do?

For youngsters, I-Day is about posting patriotic messages and Independence Day wishes on Facebook, Twitter and the like. But our older generation has a greater connect with the day that signaled the end of our servitude.

Reminisces Alka Amin, who we know as Veena Chopra of Parichay, "We used to attend the flag hoisting ceremony in school and used to rush to collect the sweets that they distributed that day. Even when I stayed in Delhi, I used to organize performances for the kids in our society so that everybody could come together on that day. That feeling is somehow missing nowadays"

Jayati Bhatia, aka the Mataji of Sasural Simar Ka, agrees. "I remember getting up early in the morning to go to the Red Fort and hear the Prime Minister's address to the nation. And being an Odissi dancer, I used to look forward to performing on that day. It was a holiday but it still used to be a busy day for us."

Apart from being nostalgic, the emotion that comes across most prominently in these actors is the feeling of disconnect. Not in themselves but with the new generation. Avers Jayati Bhatia, "The young generation, from the age of 10-12 years, are hooked to Facebook and Twitter. The only knowledge of the world that they have is from that. So they don't know the importance of getting freedom for your country. But the support that Anna Hazare got last year from the youth tells us that there is still hope."

But Alka Amin has a point to make about this disconnect. She says," We had our parents and grand parents tell us anecdotes about the freedom struggle so we could relate to it. I have nothing to tell my children. If they read things about our independence, may be they will think about it as more than just another holiday."

Actor Kunal Karan Kapoor, Mohan of Na Bole Tum… and part of the young brigade, sums up the youngsters' sentiment. He says," I don't know what confinement means as I have never lived the life of non-freedom. So I don't know what freedom in this sense means."
This is a pretty telling reaction on what Gen-Y feels about Independence Day. But even if the older and the newer generation have a different way of celebrating Independence Day, the fact remains that every one of us feels something when the tri-colour is unfurled on the 15th of August.

.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Acting is my Passion: Manish Raisinghania.

Acting is my Passion: Manish Raisinghania.

Tellybuzz in talks with Manish Raisinghania...

One of the handsome hunks of our telly industry Manish Raisinghania who is seen playing the role of 'Siddharth' in Colors' 'Sasural Simar Ka', gets candid with tellybuzz…

Lets have a look at the answers he gave for our questions…. 

You are obsessed about?

I am obsessed about Learning. I have a curious mind which is like a sponge which loves to soak in the surroundings. Learning leads to growth, now-a-days its not only important to be the jack of all the traits but it is more important to be the master of all.

A well spent holiday is like?

Anywhere with my family and loved ones: doing anything from chilling, relaxing to gaming and playing sports.

If you were invisible for a day?

If I was invisible for a day I would use that capability to work for Jullian Assange(owner of Wikileaks) and know the biggest secrets of world politics and so also the jackpot of the highest paid agent of the world. I should portray the Sindhi side of me of earning money even though invisible (smiles).

If you were the prime minister for a day?

I would play around with the priority of things for a while. I would bring back the black money first which is lying in Swiss Bank and belongs to our poor Indian tax payers. I will definitely not just sit back playing the blame game about who was responsible for the scam and wasting my energy on attacking the whistle blowers and defending the culprits. Of cource to bring the culprit in the limelight is more important but obviously if my friend meets with an accident than I will firstly save my friend and then find out the culprit before running behind him and put my friend's life at stake.

The festival you love the most?

I love all the festivals firstly because it adds spice to our lives and gives us a reason to celebrate. Secondly it connects every religion. We celebrate Eid and Diwali with all our friends in the unit at shoot together without questioning whom it belongs to. 

Your favorite hang-out place?

My house. Trust me that is the most fun filled place, not just for me but for all who have been here. You will find every game and gadget that will amuse you and how can you forget me(laughs) as your host. In short my house is a fun place and that makes it my favorite hangout destination.

The social networking site you use the most?

Facebook but I barely use that because I am so busy with my real life that there is no time to be a part of virtual worlds.

Your first debut on television?

'Kahin Kissi Roz' which was aired on Star Plus.

How emotional are you? Rate on the scale of I to 5…

5 on 5 for the people who are connected to me and 3 on 5 for others. So yes I am  an above average emotional person.

Your dream destination?

Keeps changing every now and then but my next holiday would definitely be Australia and New-Zealand for some crazy adventure sports.

Diet for you is?

It is totally meaningless to me because I eat anything and everything under the sun at anytime of the day or night. So this is basically a question that doesn't go for a foodie like me. But ideally what I can preach and not practice is that one should have a nice balanced healthy diet to stay fit(laughs).

Any ongoing show on television you would want to be a part of? (Except your show).

I would love to be the lead of the Sony channel's daily soap 'Badde Acche Lagte Hai', it is one of the cutest love story made on television.

Acting to you is?

Acting is my passion. Cinema and Television is all about creating a dream world. I am lucky to be a part of this industry where I can create dreams and I love every bit of my work whether behind or in front of the camera (smiles).

If not an actor you would be?

An engineer or a scientist. Engineer as I'm basically a mechanical engineer and I have worked as an engineer too. A scientist because I have a very high inclination towards innovation.

A quote you follow in life?

Lots of them but what tops my mind right  now is "you rather be sincere than serious"! This statement reflects me, so I pretty much like it. I rather have fun written on my face and sincerity reflecting in my work!

For more such interesting articles keep reading India-Forums.com

Reporter and Author:Krishma Solanki.

wow thanks alot for all the articles
pumaa thumbnail
  Paresh Rawal meets Simar & Prem of Sasural Simar Ka

Bollywood actors are now seen adopting unique and innovative ideas to promote their films.

After Akshay, Kareena and Ranbir it's time for talented actor Paresh Rawal to throng various TV shows to promote his upcoming film 'OH My God'.
Paresh who plays the role f Kanjibhai in his upcoming film produced by fellow actor
Akshay Kumar is an antique shopkeeper. Thus, keeping in mind the basic idea about his character, the actor met two of the popular characters of the small screen Simar and Prem of Color's TV's 'Sasural Simar Ka' played by actors Deepika Samson and Shoaib Ibrahim respectively.
Paresh was seen selling the deity of Lord Krishna to Simar and Prem. The Baradwaj family is expecting a baby as Khushi has turned a surrogate mother for Simar.

pumaa thumbnail
TOI -article                     
                        Top 10 bahus of TV

She's perhaps the meekest bahu on television and she's ever obedient. Yes, we're talking about Deepika Samson who plays Simar in Colors TV's Sasural Simar Ka. She's the bahu who keeps her family's name intact, protecting each and every member and agreeing to mata ji's every wish. Only if bahus like her existed in real life!
pumaa thumbnail
              Khushi's lies to be exposed in Sasural Simar Ka!

The Bhardwaj family has been facing Khushi's conspiracies since the time she came to the household. She has gone to the extent of being the surrogate mother of Simar and Prem's child to gain re-entry into the house. And now that she has succeeded, she can pretty much do anything that she wills by threatening to hurt Simar's unborn baby.

But not anymore. Khushi will soon be exposed in front of the Bhardwaj family. Khushi recently went a little too far in her greed by trying to steal the ornaments offered to Ganpati Bappa. Simar and Roli did manage to catch her red-handed and return the ornaments to their rightful place, but Khushi shows no signs of remorse and has warned Simar to watch out for her next trick.

Don't worry people, the good news is that Khushi's dirty tricks will be exposed soon on the show. In the next few days, you will see her confessing to stealing the ornaments in front of Ganpati Bappa, and this revelation will come as a big shock to everyone in the family.

As expected, Mataji will be furious at Khushi for trying to sully the family's name, and the rest of the elders too, will disapprove of her act.

But if you think that this is the end of Khushi's story, you are mistaken. As usual, Khushi will have a trick up her sleeve. And this time, it is Veeru. This thief masquerading as a driver in the Bhardwaj household will be blamed by Khushi for all her heinous acts.She will convince her in-laws that Veeru has been blackmailing her at every step and forcing her to comply.

That's another time that Khushi has saved herself from being punished for her bad deeds. You'll have to wait and watch to see if Simar and Roli, with the help of Ganpati Bappa of course, are able to get rid of their vengeful sister in law once and for all.

rupinr thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
               Soaps with a conscience      

The power of television in India doesn't need reaffirmation. The popularity is such that everything from household chores to restaurant bookings are worked around that show you can't miss. So there can be no better platform to spread awareness about pertinent social issues. In the past, popular shows have dealt with subjects like child marriage (Balika Vadhu), remarriage (Na Bole Tum Naa Mein Kuch Kaha, Punar Vivaah), female foeticide (Na Aana Is Des Laado), sexual harassment (Parichay), drug abuse (Sajda) and speech deficiency (Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai).

Now, a bunch of newer shows are going to make you think more. The surrogacy debate Sasural Simar Ka (SSK, on Colors) highlights how surrogacy gives a chance to couples to experience the joys of parenthood. After Simar is unable to have a kid, her younger sister Roli offers to bear her child.

Producer Rashmi Sharma of SSK says, "Many real life issues need attention. Thought-provoking situations in shows help sensitise viewers on various subject. The show will inspire young couples, as most Indians don't discuss surrogacy or infertility openly." Rather than just skimming the surface, the show seeks to discuss surrogacy in detail, based on actual scientific information. Sharma adds, "The family asks questions that the audience would want answered." Earlier in her other production, Saath Nibhana Saathiya, the focus was on adult education.

pumaa thumbnail
    I never met Navleen in real life: Nishigandha Wad

Nishigandha Wad who plays the title role in the film "In The Name Of.. Tai " speaks about the film.

Hindi Feature film "In The Name Of.. Tai " is a female oriented plot, where an educated village woman (lawyer), respectfully known as "Tai" chooses a valiant but a dangerous path. She unfortunately suffers in her personal life, yet selflessly battles for a common cause of protecting acres of land owned by the village farmers from the clutches of the Corridor of Power and Builders. Inspired from the real life story of slain activist lawyer Navleen Kumar, it is a very hard hitting film. Nishigandha Wad who plays the title role speaks about the film.

How did you get this role?
The director of the film Ujjwal V. Thengdi had called me and given me a brief about the story and my character. Later I met him in his office for complete narration. And I liked the story very much. So I decided to play this role. I would like to state that this film is Mr. Ujjwal V. Thengdi's dream project and I had to work Hard. I feel very lucky that he chose me for this role. His earlier critically acclaimed Marathi film 'Vazir', had gone to create new benchmark and was the turning point of Marathi Industry.

This film is inspired from real life character.
I am playing the role of Tai, the protagonist, in the movie and it was a pleasure to be a part of this movie. The movie will keep the audience inquisitive about what will happen when a straight forward person will enter into the world of politics and how she will move forward besides getting threatened by people. We hope that the audience will appreciate it.

How did you do the time management for this role with your daily soap Sasural Simar Ka?
Not only me, even other artists are from the TV industry. We all adjusted our schedule and did this film, because of the subject and the issue it raises. There is one artist by the name of Palvie who used to shuttle down between Britain and India. If she could manage across countries, then why not us?

Did you do any particular study or research for this role?
Frankly speaking I never met Navleen in my personnel life. So whatever I read, watched and saw gave me some idea about her personality. Then the storyline of the film, her character sketch done in it, all this gave me a chance to study her exact character. She was a lady who never looked back in her life. She even didn't care about herself or had any desire. She worked selflessly for her goal.

This was a very bold film and many had declined it earlier.
This role is experimental for me because this is real life and comes from current history. I have never done anything like this. Yes the film is bold but then struggle is always bold. Else one cannot carry it forward, especially if it is for some other people's issues.