Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tweety8 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Surrogacy in TV serials:

Is it only for TRPs or to spread awareness?

The latest trend to take tellydom by storm is 'surrogacy'. The small screen has, at regular intervals, pushed the envelope with steamy hot sequences, lip-locks and consummation, to recall a few. And these days, there's an overdose of what is usually considered a hush-hush affair: surrogacy.
A debate is raging ' is it a progressive step by the broadcasters and producers? Or is it just another ploy to rake in the TRPs?
The beginning :
                        Surrogacy was first highlighted on Byaah Hamari Bahoo Ka. Soon after, Sasural Simar Ka and Hitler Didi followed suit. While Simar (Deepika Samson) in SSK cannot conceive and surrogacy is her only option, Rajnibala (Shrenu Parikh) of BHBK gets embroiled in a surrogacy racket. Indira Sharma (Rati Pandey) of Hitler Didi gets pregnant, but because she is a cancer patient, slips into coma soon after. Shweta Kapoor (Aasiya Kazi) then decides to carry Indira's foetus in her womb.
                         Prashant Bhatt, Weekday Programming Head of the channel which airs SSK, says, "If the issue is highlighted in an aesthetic manner, viewers will react positively. Television is an influential medium to spread awareness and bring about change." Ila Bedi Datta, the producer of HD, says, "People are resorting to surrogacy even in small towns and cities . It is no more a taboo."
For public good :
                        How far will a television soap spread awareness? Asserts Prashant, "Today, many couples face fertility issues. Most of them are unaware about the options available. Surrogacy is not a problem, but a solution."
With this track, we hope to spread awareness and change people's lives." Ila says her show is only enlightening those who can't conceive. She says, "It is said that a woman is complete when she becomes a mother. There are many couples who are desperate for a child. We want to give our viewers a ray of hope."
Experts Speak:
                   Gynecologist Suman Bijlani admits that TV soaps have led to a rise in the inquiries about surrogacy. She says, "Most couples these days have a vague idea that they can 'rent a womb'. But they want to know more."
So, does TV help create awareness in the right manner? "Daily soaps portray these procedures as almost frivolous, without any mention of its expenditure, logistics or the possibility of failure. This results in unrealistic expectations. People often see test tube babies and surrogacy as 'miracle cures'. Also, the emotional aspect is often dramatised and distorted on TV," says she. Adds psychologist Anjali Chhabria, "Daily soaps are more keen on dramatising shows to increase their ratings. But nevertheless, the small screen reaches out to a larger audience, influences their opinion and broadens their perspective. There have been shows which have done justice and have been quite informational and inspiring."
pumaa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Ssumeir's career choice dosen't convice his father

(Ssumier S Pasricha )

Actor Ssumier S Pasricha who started his career with the film Hum Tum Aur Shabana is currently working in the television show Sasural Simar Ka.

Ssumier was a very good student in school and also quite active in extracurricular activities. "After finishing my graduation my dad wanted me to join his business and that point of time I was quite active in theatre," he says. However, the acting bug had bitten him at an early age. He further adds, "I went into depression for couple of months because I didn't want to join the business. That is when I decided to go to Australia for further studies." Ssumier went to Perth and studied MBA there. "After I reached there I again started doing all kinds of stuff like acting and theatre."

Ssumier has a training of 13 years in classical music. He is also a trained Kuchipudi dancer. "In Australia I also started working as a radio jockey and had a great time with all my listeners. Along with my studies I was pursuing all these things." By this time Ssumier's family came to know about all these. "When I came back and did my first play Heart To Heart with Vivek Mansukhani, and got my pay cheque of Rs 2000, my family realised where my heart belongs."

He still feels that his father is not convinced about the whole thing. But they feel good about Ssumier having achieved this much in the industry. Ssumier has done commercials with Rahul Bose, Aamir Khan, Abhishek Bachchan before he started with film and television

Edited by pumaa - 11 years ago
.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Shoaib Ibrahim's take on Love!

Vijaya Tiwari, TNN Nov 3, 2012, 06.00PM IST

Actor Shoaib Ibrahim who is only twenty five year old is currently basking in the glory of his show's ( Sasural Simar Ka) success where he plays Prem.

Shoaib plays a dotting husband and loves his wife Simar unconditionally to such an extent that he always forgives Simar's ( Deepika Samson) faults. 
But when quizzed whether he will always forgive his wife even if she commits big mistakes in real life? The actor says, "It's not that Prem always forgives Simar. There was a situation when Prem and Simar didn't spoke to each other because of a huge misunderstanding between them. But later on it got sorted as Simar is an honest girl which is one of her best qualities that I admire the most." 
Shoaib adds, "I believe in real life every relationship is based on two things trust and honesty if I see these qualities in my life partner than I am ready to forgive her. And also the most important factor for a relationship to work is love if that is lost relationships became sour."
Well, Shoaib we just hope that you soon get your life-partner with all the above qualities. 

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-11-03/tv/34892384_1_sasural-simar-ka-deepika-samson-shoaib-ibrahim

rupinr thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
 I am proud of my footwear collection : Dipika Samson -TOI
I am proud of my footwear collection : Dipika Samson
Dipika Samson
Dipika Samson who is currently seen as Simar in Sasural Simar Ka is an actress who has a fetish for shopping, be it clothes or footwear.

Where ever she goes, she ends up buying numerous pairs of footwear. She has a thing for all kinds of footwear, be it, chappals, sandals and shoes.

The actress recently visited Nagpur and was bowled over by the variety in chappals and the collection of shoes available around the city. She bought three pairs from there while her mother Renu complained about her buying so many pairs.

We hear that the actress always prefers to match her footwear with her attire, so much so that she matches it even if she is going to the sets where she has to get into the attire of Simar. Her friends even take her advice when they want to purchase footwear.
"Shopping for footwear is an obsession for me now. I enjoy it a lot. I have a good collection and have one pair reserved for on attire. But my mother doesn't like it much as I already own many pairs. They just pile up at home and that irks her. However, I am proud of my collection," she say.
.Tanya. thumbnail

Parents' smile biggest gift for Dipika Samson

Parents' smile biggest gift for Dipika Samson

Name and fame aside, her parents' smile when they saw her on screen has been the biggest gift for TV actress Dipika Samson.

dipika samson

Name and fame aside, her parents' smile when they saw her on screen has been the biggest gift for TV actress Dipika Samson.

The 25-year-old, who made her debut with "Devi", is currently seen playing the role of Simar on Colors' "Sasural Simar Ka".

"This field takes a lot of hard work but gives you a lot as well. It gives you fame and love from people. I cannot forget the smile on my mother and dad's face when they saw me on screen for the first time. That smile which you see on your parents' face is the biggest gift you can get," Dipika told IANS.

Coming from an army background, the actress from Pune always harboured a dream of becoming an air hostess. This brought her to Mumbai. But destiny had different plans for her.

"It was my childhood dream to be an air hostess and by god's grace, I got through Jet Airways and I came to Mumbai with them. Due to medical reasons, I had to put in my papers. This was when my family encouraged me to try for television," she said.

Now she is happy with the change in her career.

"As far as the hours are concerned, I found this field more peaceful and relaxed. The routine is set and I know that at the end of the day, I will go home. Flying has no schedules, and it disturbs your body," she said.

Dipika is a huge fan of actress Madhuri Dixit and says she would love to do a role similar that the latter played in "Devdas".

"I adore Madhuri Dixit. I would definitely like to do something like what she did in 'Devdas'. But I know I need a lot of hard work to reach there," she said.

For now, she wants a "short holiday" with her mother".

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/13292-parents-smile-biggest-gift-for-dipika-samson.htm

.Tanya. thumbnail

Telly actors' pick: A Green Diwali or Diwali with crackers?

Telly actors' pick: A Green Diwali or Diwali with crackers?

Television actors talk about whether they would spend a Green Diwali this year or enjoy the firecrackers too...

Diwali, the festival of lights is just round the corner. The atmosphere will soon be brimming with cheer and excitement. This festival is known for its beautiful lights and the noisy fireworks. These firecrackers certainly add a lot of fun but at the expense of polluting the environment. We spoke to some of our Telly stars to know about their thoughts on celebrating Diwali with or without crackers

Shoaib Ibrahim: Diwali is ironically never pollution free. I am not the kind of person to burst crackers. I stopped burning crackers long ago because it is like setting your own money on fire. I really wonder how burning crackers came into existence actually. As a child I use to burst crackers. But as I grew up I learnt how ridiculous it is. Lighting diyas, praying to God and buying and distributing sweets is the best. Get together with family or friends is the ideal way to have a safe and happy Diwali. 

Dipika Samson: I am totally anti- crackers. It causes so much pollution which is beyond repair. We are already facing issues due to global warming and this just adds. There are so many better ways to celebrate Diwali. Decorating your house, catching up with friends dressed up in new clothes, eating variety of Diwali delicacies and spending quality time is the right way. There should be an environment awareness campaign in schools highlighting the damage besides parents' initiative to explain to their children the harmful effects of firecracker burning.  Money to be spent on crackers should be spent on buying chocolates and they should be distributed to underprivileged children.

Edited by .Tanya. - 11 years ago
rupinr thumbnail
                      Dipika Samson's rangoli fixation- TOI

Dipika Samson's rangoli fixation
Dipika SamsonMore Pics

Dipika Samson aka Simar of Sasural Simar Ka is a homely girl, much like her on-screen character.

She loves to celebrate every festival and performs all the rituals. And Diwali is no different. The actress, since many years, has been making rangoli at her doorstep, something that she has learnt from her mother.

Dipika also decorates her house with diyas. She says, "I enjoy making rangoli every year. The vibrant colours emphasise the fact that life is colourful. Though we have the option of using the sticker rangoli, I prefer to make it all by myself — with colours and flowers. My mother gives me suggestions, but I like to let my imagination lead me. I invite all my
friends to my house to relish the sweets prepared by my mother. It is worth all the effort when my family and friends appreciate my rangoli."

After all, compliment is all that a woman needs!
rupinr thumbnail
Roli takes on a smoking hot avatar - Colors
We have seen Avika Gor as the bubbly child bride in Balika Vadhu, and right now she is ruling our hearts as the 'agyakaari bahu' in Sasural Simar Ka. But now, audiences will get to see her in a new hot avatar. That's right, Avika is going from traditional to trendy!

Avika was seen in Rajasthani lehengas in Balika Vadhu, and now her wardrobe as Roli consists of sarees and heavy jewellery. But just one look at the picture and you'll realize that Avika can rock a party outfit too! What is the reason behind this make over, you ask? Well as you know, Roli is a girl on a mission right now. A mission to trap Veeru in her love and expose him in front of Khushi.

Veeru, who is already head over heels in love with Roli, is already trying to woo her. And Roli will use this weakness to get him to do her bidding. She will soon be seen going to a disco where Veeru is having a good time to further ensnare him. And of course, you can't go to a disco in a saree, hence the hot make over for Roli.

Avika Gor is a young girl (she's only 15 years old), and though she says that she loves wearing sarees and dressing up in loads of jewellery, we are glad that she can dress up according to her age, even if it is only for a day. We don't know how successful she'll be in her endeavour to impress Veeru with her new, trendy look, we are surely pleasantly surprised with this make over. Veeru, good luck trying to resist this temptation!

rupinr thumbnail

Shoaib Ibrahim scared of water - TOI

Shoaib Ibrahim scared of water
Shoaib Ibrahim
Actor Shoaib Ibrahim aka Prem of 'Sasural Simar Ka' may come across as a tough guy, but there's something that makes his knees tremble — water.

The fear stems from a narrow escape he had a couple of years back. Says Shoaib, "I am scared of water, be it lakes, sea or swimming pools. I was shooting for my first show, Palkon Ki Chaon Mein, and there was a scene where I had to jump into water, find something quickly and come out. I was nervous, because I don't know how to swim and the lake was muddy. I jumped in, but couldn't come out. Finally, people in the unit had to pull me out. That memory still haunts me. I get goosebumps whenever I think of it. Luckily, my current show doesn't have any water sequence."

However, Shoaib is keen to get over his fear. "I go to places around Mumbai where there are streams or lakes and enter shallow areas. I also want to enroll for swimming classes as soon as I get time," he says. That's the spirit, Shoaib
rupinr thumbnail

I am a die hard fan of Salman Khan: Shoaib Ibrahim -TOI

I am a die hard fan of Salman Khan: Shoaib Ibrahim
Shoaib Ibrahim

Actor Shoaib Ibrahim who plays husband to Simar in Sasural Simar Karelates with his character.

Like his character he also considers own family as everything. "I relate with my character Prem absolutely.For me my family is everything, just like my character Prem. I am a quiet person as well, just like Prem. The only difference is that I am not a halwai's son, I love to eat loads of sweets though. I am also a die hard fan of superstar Salman Khan. I have seen all his films starting from Maine Pyaar Kiyato Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam to Dabangg and Ek Tha Tiger. Frankly I was quite excited when I came to know that my character will be called Prem."