Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.SilentPrincess thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: R3b3l_Pr1nc3s5

hi i am new to this show. can any one brief the story so far.

Thanks

Originally posted by: Broken_Heart72

can any1 tell me wht this show is abt

You can read about the show here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sasural_Simar_Ka

-SP-

Yaminibandi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
http://www.colorstv.in/schedule/2011-09-10/
Originally posted by: nikhat_niki

hi pls can anyone give me the time for the repeat  telecast of the show in india as i m unable to watch it during the original time n cant find its repeat telecast

thanks

amrapali_dubey thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: .SilentPrincess

Because its ritual that the bride's sister accompanies her to the sasural for a few days till the bride is able to settle into her new home...

-SP-

really???...but what will roli do??...she herself is a kid
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
^^^^ That is a ridiculous invention of the CVs - never heard of it.  What if the bride is the younger of 2 sisters, and her elder sister is already married?  This plot of first getting Roli secretly married, and then accompany Simar to her sasural is really 🤢

Anyway, reason I posted - can someone from the dev team alert the mods/dev team that on the home page of i-f, SSK is missing from the Colors line-up?  It's there if one goes to the Colors page, but not there on the home page, as it should be.
Edited by .Vrish. - 12 years ago
Originally posted by: amrapali_dubey

really???...but what will roli do??...she herself is a kid

She's not supposed to do anything ... just make the bride "Simar" comfortable in her new home... I don't know about indian culture but in pakistani culture, the brides sister or cousin or someone close follows the bride to her in-laws house, to make her feel more comfortable between strangers... and then after 1-2 days she comes back... I've no idea why Rolli is staying.. maybe its indian culture or the fact that Rolli is the bride and not Simar...
Vr15h thumbnail
I've never seen this happen in any of the (Indian) marriages I have seen.  Even in serials, this is the first serial that I recall this happening (sister going to her jija's home, not merely sister marrying her supposed to be jija).
Vr15h thumbnail
Okay, I only started watching the serial recently - can anyone explain why Simar had to go to that dance competition on her wedding day?
Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Okay, I only started watching the serial recently - can anyone explain why Simar had to go to that dance competition on her wedding day?

Why did you start watching?? 😕 Its the most idiotic serial ever ...

Okay... so Simar likes to dance, but she doesn't because of her father. One day chakk dhoom dhoom comes to her college for auditions... and Sharukh would also be there... Simar wants to but is hestiates thinking about her father .. anyways her friends and bua jee writer her name on the 1st audition list.

And she goes too... BUT on the same day, someone comes to see Simar.. Mata jee & some family members... They sit down... and wait for Simar to come down (they give them & her father the excuse hat she's getting ready). On the other side Simar dances really well sharukh praises her and she on to the enxt round.. somehow Simar reaches home... and Prem's family(prem isn't there wiht them) is really pissed off, for waiting for Simar so long. but eventually she comes and Mata jee does stupid tests on her.. like can she cook??? and she makes halwa... and serves and Mata jee likes her...
And prem & Simar's marriage is decided...

Then the 2nd audiotions take place in delhil... Simar, Rolli & bua jee goes with her... giving the family the excuse that Simar is taking Bua jee  for tee tayatra (sorry don't know how to spelll that)
When they leave Prem and his 2 bhabhi's comes to simar's house... and not finding her there they are a bit disappointed...

Kher... on the second audiotions Simar dances BUT prem's spots her there while performing... (she had ghungat on the 1st audio. but not on the second) and he's pissed that she lied to her family to come and dance... (he's there to look over the food and stuff)

Kher Simar talks to him afterwards and everything is settled and they're getting married... however Prem tells simar to quit her dancing... and she does so to... because of respect etc..

On the wedding day or a dayot two before.. this man, not sure who he is... has seen simar's performances and forces her to go the 3rd audition... Simar rejects his offer... but he threatens her that if she doesn't go to CDD's 3rd audio. he will tell prem's family about her dancing... and on her mehdni or sangeet... he shows clips of her dancing(with the ghungat) eventually Simar agrees..

She goes while Rolli is dressed liek he bride... Simar doesn't make it and Rolli marries Prem...

Vr15h thumbnail
.SilentPrincess

Thanks for the explanation 😊

I started watching after Manish Raisinghania entered the show as Sid - I liked him in the 2 previous serials he did, so followed him here.  You are right - the show is otherwise idiotic, but I've seen worse (that's my excuse 😆)

So everything that Simar did was not out of any higher purpose but her own selfish reason.  Had she fessed up to Prem, she'd not have had to go to that marriage.  So that's what the letter was about.

I'm watching the show for Sid - I just loved it when he gave that stupid Mataji a piece of his mind.  His mom is another loser.  Everything he said yesterday was right - the whole family looks like a bunch of losers, who are too scared to do anything w/o her approval.  And they are supposed to be expecting a contract.  I hope Sid steals it from right under their nose 😈
Originally posted by: .Vrish.

.SilentPrincess

Thanks for the explanation 😊

I started watching after Manish Raisinghania entered the show as Sid - I liked him in the 2 previous serials he did, so followed him here.  You are right - the show is otherwise idiotic, but I've seen worse (that's my excuse 😆)

So everything that Simar did was not out of any higher purpose but her own selfish reason.  Had she fessed up to Prem, she'd not have had to go to that marriage.  So that's what the letter was about.

I'm watching the show for Sid - I just loved it when he gave that stupid Mataji a piece of his mind.  His mom is another loser.  Everything he said yesterday was right - the whole family looks like a bunch of losers, who are too scared to do anything w/o her approval.  And they are supposed to be expecting a contract.  I hope Sid steals it from right under their nose 😈

Its pathetic... 🤢 I thought when Simar-Prem would get married, we would get to see how married life is... but this is just crap...

I mean come on.. Why couldn't  Simar gone straight to Prem and told him that the man was threatning her... and from there Prem would help her... with the man & convincing his own family... Rolli marrying Prem... that made no sense what so ever ... I mean if we just play along and say Simar goes to dance... Why the hell would Rolli want to marry her jija jee... why ruin her own life...??

I stopped watching after the marriage... That marriage = suicide... 

Is Sid that new guy? who was trying to get all the family members to leave Mata jee's side or something... ?? 😕