TOI:End of Fairytale romance-Sanjee

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago

End of fairytale romance 

Girls no longer believe in Prince Charming or being swept off their feet

Harshada Rege 

All these years,girls have lived on the hope of their Prince Charming sweeping them off their feet.However,that fairytale seems to have lost its allure.Its no more about the evil sisters and fairy godmothers.Yes guys,girls have stopped believing in fairytales.

FILMI FUNDAS 

With movies like Love Aaj Kal,I Hate Luv Storys and Break Ke Baad,romantics may even blame Bollywood for the change in love games.We now have couples throwing break-up bashes in Hindi films,which were all about mush at one point of time.Remember Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge,where Raj came to India to look for his Simran.Well,things definitely changed with Saif Ali Khan and Deepika Padukone choosing to go their separate ways instead of opting for a long-distance relationship in Love Aaj Kal.

HIS FAIRYTALE ROMANCE 

Vir Das says,I do believe in fairytales.In my favourite one,a supermodel seduces me entirely based on my sense of humour.But then again,in my dream I am an investment banker. 

GET REAL 

The changing stance of the society towards taboo topics like sex and premarital sex has a lot to do with it.Says Sanjeeda Shaikh,Gone are the days when romancing a guy was a big no-no in the society.This factor moulded the perception of girls to have a fairytale romance.But now times have changed people are more open about their relationship and girls have become more realistic than emotional.Now,we dont expect to live in fairyland and treat our relationship more practically. 

WAIT AND WATCH 

With relationships breaking very often and the ever-increasing divorce rate,its no surprise that people arent swearing by any love tales.The attitude has changed from when will it happen to me to will it ever happen to me Minissha Lamba says,I think we have all stopped believing in fairytales.For me,its more like I will believe it when it happens to me. 

GIVE LOVE A CHANCE 

Some believe that love conquers all... except maybe impatience.Mana Shetty,whose marriage to actor Suniel Shetty has even the worst sceptics believe in love,says,I am a die-hard romantic,but I also believe that you have to work on your relationship.Today,people probably dont believe in fairytale romances because we they dont have the patience to nurture a relationship.And the most important thing in a relationship is communication.People lead such hectic lives today that they dont have the time to talk to their partners. So while you've been busy looking for someone better,your Prince Charming might have just cruised past you.

New age love 

[Previous] Bombay Times [Next]