Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Siya-Ram thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
@AAS always dear. But I don't understand what the makers will gain by making a sahastra Ravan into shatanan Ravan.
SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: Cluny13

@AAS always dear. But I don't understand what the makers will gain by making a sahastra Ravan into shatanan Ravan.

I Really Enjoyed The Shatanana Raavan Track.
crazygul thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
 I Have my set of questions.   when Ram ji and sita ji were exiled ?? immediately or after some years ?? if their some years when they didn't have children ?? Is become vanvasi means tapasvi also?? Ram ji was brahmchari in forests ?? and ram ji stayed at different places in forests ?? i read ram ji spent 10 years in chitrkutt. it looks permanent stay. is permanent stay allowed in vanvass. 
Siya-Ram thumbnail

Originally posted by: crazygul

I Have my set of questions.   when Ram ji and sita ji were exiled ?? immediately or after some years ?? if their some years when they didn't have children ?? Is become vanvasi means tapasvi also?? Ram ji was brahmchari in forests ?? and ram ji stayed at different places in forests ?? i read ram ji spent 10 years in chitrkutt. it looks permanent stay. is permanent stay allowed in vanvass. 

Sita and Ram were exiled immediately. Some sources say after 12 years. But i believe Narayan came to the earth with a purpose. 12 years is too long a time that raghunandar remained a prince before being exiled.
Shri Ram was not a mere vanvasi one who dwelled in the forest. He was a tapasvi. An ascetic. As well as a Kshatriya.
They say the kodand( bow of Shri Ram ) was always between Sita Ram during the vanvas clearly indicating that the decorum of canvas was to live that way. When you look historically it is said there are separate caves for Sita Ram where they might have lived. 
It is said lord Ram spent many years in chitrakut. And I don't think there was any rule that they shouldn't stay in a particular place in the forest for too long. But this am not sure
SilverBell thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cluny13

Sita and Ram were exiled immediately. Some sources say after 12 years. But i believe Narayan came to the earth with a purpose. 12 years is too long a time that raghunandar remained a prince before being exiled.
Shri Ram was not a mere vanvasi one who dwelled in the forest. He was a tapasvi. An ascetic. As well as a Kshatriya.
They say the kodand( bow of Shri Ram ) was always between Sita Ram during the vanvas clearly indicating that the decorum of canvas was to live that way. When you look historically it is said there are separate caves for Sita Ram where they might have lived.
It is said lord Ram spent many years in chitrakut. And I don't think there was any rule that they shouldn't stay in a particular place in the forest for too long. But this am not sure

Oh Ok.
SilverBell thumbnail
I Have A Question Was Goddess Sandhya Really Evil To Lord Shani?
crazygul thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
 my question is why Ram ji used to call sita mata , sitey. its a short one , affectionate one ?? and by which name Ram ji used to call sita mata than sita , maithli , janaki . 2nd ram ji is always seen as a cruel husband it pains me a lott. 
crazygul thumbnail
 another question sita mata also did parityaag of lord Rama calling her just King and not Aaryputra.
wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

my question is why Ram ji used to call sita mata , sitey. its a short one , affectionate one ?? and by which name Ram ji used to call sita mata than sita , maithli , janaki . 2nd ram ji is always seen as a cruel husband it pains me a lott. 

In Sanskrit grammar, whenever you address a woman whose name ends with 'a', the last syllable changes to 'ey'. This way, Seeta becomes Sitey, Raadha->Raadhey, Subhadra->Subhadrey and so on.
And for the names that end with 'i' (suppose Janaki),
We pronounce it as "Janakee" with the longer 'i'. This, while addressing a person named thus, becomes "Janaki" with a shorter 'i'.

Raam addressed Seeta with different names, depending on his moods and the context of their conversation.

Raamji pretended to be a bad husband to let Seeta, the woman, have her say. You see, whenever Rama is affectionate, Seeta chooses to stay mum. She speaks only when injustice is done. So, Raamji had to act inconsiderate to show the world what happens to the husband who mistreats his wife (Seetaji left him).

another question sita mata also did parityaag of lord Rama calling her just King and not Aaryputra.

See, Ram was the ideal husband too. And Seeta knew that. She got the fact that Ram, as a husband, could not even dream of mistreating his wife. But, he had to banish her and go through the Agnipariksha nonsense to uphold his duty of being the 'People's King'. He had to do whatever his praja wanted of him. Before whom Seeta demonstrates her purity (and upholds justice) is Raja Ram, and not her husband. So, when she leaves, she addresses him as her King and not as her husband.

And also, Ram and Seeta were never really separate. So, for Seeta to leave him with the acknowledgement that she was leaving her husband it would have been an outright lie for their love.

I hope this helps! 😳
Siya-Ram thumbnail
Perfectly explained Pro Di 👏