Mythological Masti

RS Ramayan - favourite scenes discussions

visrom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Hi,

I am a new member here, though I am a viewbie of another section. I wanted a thread to discuss about my favourite Mytho serial of all time - Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan. I wanted to discuss specific scenes with videos, express appreciation for some of the dialogues and lessons learnt from the scenes etc - only from Ramanand Sagar's original Ramayan.

I found a thread where you were starting Ramayan from episode 1, but the thread wasn't moving forward because people were busy with exams etc. This thread is for random scenes, so that people can actively participate.

Dev team, sorry if this is a redundant thread. You may close it if it violates any rules.

Thanks and hope you all make this thread a success.

Jai Shri Ram.
Edited by visrom - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bhavanab thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Excellent thread Vis. !!! It's be really nice to discuss our favourite scenes of Ramayan. It stays my fav mytho show ever !!! Will definitely contribute in this !!! Will be back soon on with one of my fav scenes !!!
visrom thumbnail
Let me start one scene at random.

Though I knew the story of Ramayan, it was Sunil Lahiri's acting as Lakshman that made me love the character even more.

One of the scenes where I started noticing Lakshman and what he meant to Ram was the scene in Sita Swayamwar. Janak gets upset that none of the kings and princes were able to lift the Shiv Dhanush and expresses his frustration. At that time Lakshman gets up and protests.

Here is the scene. Watch from 4:50. 
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR4lLf2jpo4&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Loved the way Ram was silently watching him. Later when Maharshi Vishwamitra asks Lakshman to come and sit down, he sits with a BANG!!! 😆 

This was the first time I started liking Lakshman. Loved this scene. Hope you all enjoyed it too.
Bhavanab thumbnail
Thanks for this scene Vis ... I was discussing the swayamvar scene yesterday only with someone ... I really like this scene for many reasons. Firstly I really appreciate Mulraj Rajda ,,,, he portrayed the role of Janak beautifully !!!! Coming to the scene .. like you said .. I really like the way Lakhan ji expresses his anger when Janak says that no one's heroic here. While Janak starts speaking .. you'll see him getting so restless .. and when it was too much to take .. he stood up and raised his voice. He couldn't take a word against his brother or anyone from the Raghukul Vamsh !! I liked this certain possessiveness he had when it came to Ram ji ... and yeah as you mention the way he comes and sits down 😆 ...
Well but after that ... when Ram ji goes ... God .. the royalty was so evidently there !!! Just the way he gets up,walks,speaks ... it's all simply so majestic !!! I can keep staring it him !!! I also liked the way Janak's mind situation was portrayed ... his worry for his daughter ... his situation where he didn't know where to goo ... everything was beautifully shown ... that's the charm of Ramanand Ji's Ramayan... it's so simple pure and lovely !!!
visrom thumbnail
Each and everyone was a wonderful actor. Mulraj Rajda was awesome as you said. He looks just like Janak...he looks like the perfect distraught father.

Look at the way he apologises, even though he is the king and Lakshman is young enough to be his son. We learn so much from them.

Bhavanab thumbnail
They teach us so much !!! Lakhan ji was angry .. yet he didn't loose his temper way too much and was under control ... When Ram ji sayd "Lakshman" ... he turns around at apologizes to Ram ji ... that was seriously so sweet !!! and just see the way Ram ji stood up ... wow 😍 I mean ... Arun ji was simply the perfect choice ... the way he stood up and walked it was absolutely royal !!! and yeah while Janak is talking .. as you said he did a lovely job .. but see at Lakhan ji while Janak is talking ... he starts getting restless and is slowly loosing temper ... just waiting to get up and protest !!! The way he gets irritated and the anger that is building up is excellently shown !!! I must say .. it was mainly after Sita Swayamvar that I started noticing Sunil ji much more !!
visrom thumbnail
And after that the lovely swayamvar. I love that song too...'pehnao jai maala...'.

Then comes Parshuram and we get another full dose of Lakshman. He takes on Parshuram's anger in style.

This is the scene.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMnigk0u1II[/YOUTUBE]

Very naughty side of Lakshman. He is angry, yet keeps up his sense of humour...'ek dhanush toot gaya toh itna krodh...'.

Ram doesn't  stop Lakshman, as later explained by Ramanand Sagar, anger reduces our powers. So he allowed Lakshman to provoke Parshuram till a point where Lakshman himself lost it and went for his arrow. Great one. 👏

DharmaPriyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Wonderful scene to discuss, friends! I also looove that scene, & not only this but each & every single scene of RS Ramayan 😊 I'm sure that our DT Lola i going to looove this discussion as she loves Ramayan with all her heart, but I'm still not sure whether she will keep this thread or will like to move your lovely posts to another thread (may be RS PP)! Anyway, discussions will not be stopped, I think! 😃
Bhavanab thumbnail
Hope so !!! Well Urmila11 ... forgot to mention one thing !!! I love your 2nd siggy ... we'll discuss that scene some day too ... it's one of my favs 😳
visrom thumbnail
Thanks for liking...will try to discuss 2-3 scenes everyday at random. Everyone please join.