Lux Dance ke Superstars

The Real Choreographer of Sheila Ki Jawani is ____ - Page 17

Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Nishi I remember having opp views automatically makes one a deserving of a title "Haters"

I saw that in all sections...SRGMP, DID 2, BB, II and other...So how is it any different  this time around..πŸ˜•πŸ˜³  That is such a juvenile behavior - thinking..

Charmz I am no way calling you having "Juvenile thinking"  Pls do not misunderstand MOI...I am making a general statement when it comes to hard core fans or should I say "Fanatics"
Edited by Dabulls23 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Thats true Varshaji  , Forum ke side effets πŸ˜›πŸ˜†
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

According to my understanding of choreography, especially of a large Bollywood dance routine there are many things involved that a choreographer is responsible for. It is not just the steps but the placement, formations, transitions. There is also people management involved in handling the cast and crew efficiently and appropriately. The choreographer usually has assistants. Usually sections, formations, groups are delegated to the assistant to train and manage. The assistants further will have their underlings who help them with the training and management. There will also be creative collaboration between the choreographer, assistants, trainers and other dance pros on the sets. They will often bounce ideas to improve the dance. Assistants and underlings will also often suggest changes, steps, etc sometimes its for aesthetics, sometimes its because the dancers are unable to execute it well enough and changes would be better. The choreographer receives full credit because they often function like the CEO managing and collaborating everything in a big picture level and ensuring everything runs smoothly.

So based on that I am curious for more information so that I can give due credit to the real choreographers of this dance, if not officially at least in my mind I know who deserves due credit. So I hope the fans of Dharmesh can find out and share detailed information about his choreography so that he and other uncredited people can get full credit.

Who conceptualized the song Sheila Ki Jawani?

Who first came up with the big picture scenario of the overall theme, the steps, the movements, the formations, transitions etc?

How many assistants, sub assistants were there and what were their specific responsibilities? How many specific changes, inputs did each person have?

What was the creative collaboration of the professionals like?  How many were involved and what was it like?

Were Dharmesh any of the assistants or dancers not monetarily compensated for their inputs?

Did Dharmesh or any of the other assistants or dancers make input at a level that they would expect official recognition in the credits of the song? Were any of them misled to believe that they would get due credit, but then were jipped of their due credit in the end?

Were the assistants and sub assistants like Dharmesh expected to do creative work and effort outside the scope of most assistants of their level?

How many hours was the shoot, how many hours did Farah and each of the support staff spend on the set and doing what?

In terms of the big picture choreography, people management, enabling the creative collaboration process, successfully fielding ideas, ensuring that all assistants feel fairly involved and not overloaded - basically being the CEO of the dance Sheila Ki Jawani - on a scale of 0-100% what was Dharmesh's input? What was Geeta's? Farah's other people?

I do hope they can find out the detailed information of what went on and why so we can truly give due credit to the real choreographers of Sheila Ki Jawani. I'd hate to give/not give anyone credit without knowing what actually happened.

joyce_k thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHkSvyoTy6I&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejtwbd1qvCg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIaIzDFt_G8
OK here are three videos of the Making of SKJ (mayb there are more-din't find themπŸ˜•).
Geeta is there, the belly dancer is there, Farah is present, Kat is there and even Akshay is present (mayb D sir was also present but can't c him in these videos)
Credit is given to Geeta and Farah, so now you have to bring more than a pic to prove D sir is the Master Mind. Being on the set doesn't mean it's his choreography...he is Geeta's assistant so I guess he has to be there to show the steps (though he is not present but just in case you do find a pic of it).
Secondly, D sir was given credit for the Title song (which was also choreographed very well)...if Geeta would be credit ki bhooki she could have kept the credit for title song also to herself and give credit to Dsir for a medicore like "badedilwala" - She has the connections as mentioned.
Credit for SKJ is not given to geeta only (farah said she is the Co-choreo')  means she has a contribution to it and doesn't get it just bcoz she is farah's jaan and is being lauched more seriously (in that case she would have got 100% of the credit).
At the time of Asoka Farah was a big choreo' and anyone hardly knew the name Geeta Kapoor, yet the credit for "Roshni se" -which is an uniquely choreographed song- was given to Geeta (while Farah could have kept it to herself) (And by the way, that time Geeta didn't have D sir) - So I just think a fair game is played here and she has lots of talent.
Choreography is not all abt steps (giving ten steps and making a choreography is very easy, koi bhi kar sakta hai -kahi suna haiπŸ˜‰)
but it's more abt the vision- how a song should look considering the situation in the movie, the actors, and the song itself- this is totally different fron DID choreography and is new to Dsir (though he is very talented and has a great future ahead I guess)
I just think all these points should be takenin account ...
Edited by joyce_k - 12 years ago
Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: return_to_hades

I do hope they can find out the detailed information of what went on and why so we can truly give due credit to the real choreographers of Sheila Ki Jawani. I'd hate to give/not give anyone credit without knowing what actually happened.

I hope so too. Hope we do get the detailed information on this issue now.
petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

This content was originally posted by: Nishita123

Here it seems Geeta is choreographing atleast some steps...Does it mean Dharmesh taught Geeta those steps ???? 😲

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIaIzDFt_G8[/YOUTUBE]

i seee mini
πŸ˜ƒ

dharmesh envisioned the whole project...πŸ˜† currently he probably is farahs dance guru..*yawn*

i like dharmesh's simplicity and honesty... but the dharmesh mahaprabhu mandal annoys me
onizuka thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Cutiepie Rani

With all the attacks I've been getting for supporting Jai, I am now hesitant when posting anything. πŸ˜• I have to be very careful with my words.

Anyways here goes nothing...

So SKJ was never appealing to me. It is such a highly overrated song. Similarly neither is the choreography appealing. If Farah Khan indeed choreographed this song then I'm disappointed. Because I know she is way better than what this song showed. But if Dharmesh choreographed this song FULLY then kudos to him. He's lucky that the song did so well. Frankly I like Munni better. Dunno why. Find it a lot more catchy. Anyways yeah that's it. Didn't like the choreography for SKJ.

πŸ˜‰ i agree with you... every single word...
       for me a song like SKJ is a shame to the industries...
       munni badnam is alike too...
       but  with the appearance of Salman Khan makes it bollywood..

charmz517 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Dabulls23

Charmz this is not back and forth comments bet D fans and Anti D fans...I personally am indifferent to all...Does not matter to me and to many...Just b/c someone shares different views than D fans does not mean they are Anti D...πŸ˜ƒ

When I say Anti-D fans.. I don't mean it as people not liking him at all.. it just means they are indifferent about him (sometimes like him, sometimes don't, or some just don't care)..

There are plenty of back and forth comments going on here.. those who usually oppose many things of D... and then those who are always defending him no matter what.. so, that's why I said back and forth comments and not arguments πŸ˜‰ Commenting is SO much better than arguing.. it's more of a civilized version of sharing different perspective... at least I wish it to be! hehe ⭐️