What made Dharmesh Sir lose that mark?

manzanas_asadas thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
 I watched the takkar repeatedly, and in terms of dance, Siddhesh was barely moving..Dharmesh Sir was doing the hard core steps..I am disappointed at the judges. How could they all say that Siddhesh's 10 was WELL DESERVED? Where did Dsir fall weak? Someone tell me how Siddhesh owned the takker instead of Dharmesh Sir. I thought Dsir's movements were so crisp and sharp and each of the judges said that..all they spoke about Siddhesh was his expressions..so clearly even they know that he didn't really dance.. About the expressions, yes they might be Siddhesh's x factor, but it was a dance ki takkar..not expressions ki takkar.. 
He was really good when they danced on the same beats together, but apart from that,he barely danced.. I mean I love Siddhesh's dancing, but I wish there was some to judge on today..

Try to be netural and comment because I really want to know how the judges' scores can be so shocking and random.

Edited by Priyanka_AAIICH - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

charmz517 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Yeah, it was kind of confusing! Sid is awesome with his expressions and he is definitely an amazing dancer, but there was lack in the dancing portions. I mean, if Siddesh wanted, he definitely could have killed it on the dance floor and taken the thakkar round by storm, IF HE really danced... but today's thakkar, I didn't get it?!?

D and Siddesh both had their strengths today.. D with the dancing and Sid with his expressions.. but when it comes down to it being a "dance" ki thakkar, I was quite shocked it wasn't D that took the cake at the end. πŸ˜•

Oh well, I will never fully understand their judging , but I am sure they have their reasons! 😳

hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Priyanka_AAIICH

I watched the takkar repeatedly, and in terms of dance, Siddhesh was barely moving..Dharmesh Sir was doing the hard core steps..I am disappointed at the judges. How could they all say that Siddhesh's 10 was WELL DESERVED? Where did Dsir fall weak? Someone tell me how Siddhesh owned the takker instead of Dharmesh Sir. I thought Dsir's movements were so crisp and sharp and each of the judges said that..all they spoke about Siddhesh was his expressions..so clearly even they know that he didn't really dance.. About the expressions, yes they might be Siddhesh's x factor, but it was a dance ki takkar..not expressions ki takkar.. 

He was really good when they danced on the same beats together, but apart from that,he barely danced..

Try to be netural and comment because I really want to know how the judges' scores can be so shocking and random.

Coming from a dancer and someone who loves to watch dance..a dance performance is incomplete without expressions for me and without a doubt Siddesh is great with expressions and it's not just about smiling during a dance..the timing of his dance and expressions is simply amazing. Having said that it's not just expressions that make a performance good or bad..but I thought Siddesh excelled in dancing too and I preferred his performance overall.

That's me being as 'neutral' as possible because to me the judges' scores were not so 'shocking and random' although if you think Dharmesh was better than I won't fight you on your opinion lol.
Edited by hindu4lyf - 12 years ago
Payal9 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Priyanka its all planned...don't go by judges' scores! now im deffo sure the scores are pre-given on judges' hands even before the shooting starts πŸ˜‰
WreckLass thumbnail
Probably the result will be changed again next weekπŸ˜†
Ok jokes apart...for me dance-wise, it is Dharmesh and expression-wise, it would be Siddhesh.
So probably a tie for me😳
Why Dharmesh scored less and why Siddhesh scored more? no ideaπŸ˜†
charmz517 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: hindu4lyf

Coming from a dancer and someone who loves to watch dance..a dance performance is incomplete without expressions for me and without a doubt Siddesh is great with expressions and it's not just about smiling during a dance..the timing of his dance and expressions are simply amazing. Having said that it's not just expressions that make a performance good or bad..but I thought Siddesh excelled in dancing too and I preferred his performance overall.

That's me being as 'neutral' as possible because to me the judges' scores were not so 'shocking and random' although if you think Dharmesh was better than I won't fight you on your opinion lol.

Totally agree with you about having expressions while dancing give the overall impact in a performance. I myself love seeing the expressions going side by side with the dance. However, it's more of an overall performance when there are expressions and the power dance to go along with it, even if it is a slow dance, kathak, jazz, hip hop, etc.

Either way, I enjoyed both of them, but I expected more. D danced all throughout and had some expressions here and there... Siddesh expressed all throughout and the dancing was minimal to what a Thakkar round should be. πŸ˜•

luv2dance thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Well, I watched their dance a couple times now. Yes, Siddesh's performance had more expressions than Dharmesh's without a doubt but I thought Siddesh had good chunks of dance portions too. At times he did play with expressions which is his forte and I am sure he wanted to make use of that. In my opinion he should coz isn't that how it is. When Avneet dances they try and bring her expressions out in an act coz thats the specialty of her. Similarly, beats are emphasized for Dharmesh, Ruturaj n likewise for other contestants. So, I think Siddesh emphasizing on expressions makes sense to me. He did a fair amount of expressions and he also DANCED. At the end we had a clear comparison between the two when they were dancing on same steps. I thought they were two different dancers. Dharmesh did with lot of energy and Siddesh did it with lot of ease. Now thats a tough call. It just depends on what you prefer and who attracted you. 

I think in dance, it is not just about dance but also expressions, costumes, make-up and other things play a HUGE role. I remember loosing a group competition because we din't give importance to our costumes and the opposition team won over us because of their attractive costumes (ofcourse dance too, which was of equal takkar between both groups).
.YixingsManal. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
Well i love Both Buh honestly siddesh was awesome ! maybe cuz we have seen dharmesh doin such steps alot πŸ˜• !! 

luv2dance thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: charmz517

Yeah, it was kind of confusing! Sid is awesome with his expressions and he is definitely an amazing dancer, but there was lack in the dancing portions. I mean, if Siddesh wanted, he definitely could have killed it on the dance floor and taken the thakkar round by storm, IF HE really danced... but today's thakkar, I didn't get it?!?

D and Siddesh both had their strengths today.. D with the dancing and Sid with his expressions.. but when it comes down to it being a "dance" ki thakkar, I was quite shocked it wasn't D that took the cake at the end. πŸ˜•

Oh well, I will never fully understand their judging , but I am sure they have their reasons! 😳

I think the dance portions in Siddesh's act were absolutely adequate. Both Siddesh and Dharmesh started off doing some steps and then each one got two turns to do their solo and then finished it off together again. If you see Siddesh's first solo chunk, there were lot of steps out of which some were rigorous and some very subtle (doesn't mean they are not movements). I really liked his first chunk especially the bachha-buddha step and his thumkas. In the second chunk, he played more with expressions and obviously at the end it was all dance movements. I really din't the see the lack of dance portions in Siddesh's dance. Opinions may differ and I respect that. This is just my personal view πŸ˜Š
manzanas_asadas thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
It was a dance ki takkar though..and it wasn't like the theme was expressions based..
I DEFINITELY agree that dance is nothing without expressions..and Siddhesh is an amazing dancer.. he is one of my fav dancers..but today, he BARELY danced.. so I really don't think he deserved a perfect 10 for a performance in which he didn't even dance..and on top of that Dsir who was dancing all throughout rigorously got a 9. It makes no sense. Honestly guys, it's evident that there's something going on. I don't understand what the channel is doing.

It was an entertaining performance however! I loved the bit they did together. That was awesome, but oh well. It's not like we're in control of anything this time.