Marble dropping sound

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
We stayed in this house for morethan 25 years. We had experience strange things in this house for so many years. Marble dropping sound on top floor, chair and furniture dragging sounds and hijack the body mostly during night time for about a minute, where in we can not move and only can move eyeballs. I still wonder what was that. Was it evil or some good indicator through some unknown.

Can any one explain it. Do you have such experiences???

Pravin
First investigate the sounds heard.
At night certain things that happen far away seems very loud as if it happened nearby.
If furnitures move, have you seen it physically.

But the existence of spirits etc is well known everywhere, normally they do not disturb and mind their own business.

I have my own theories about them.

some friends claim that if we talk nicely to them they will not disturb.

Hijack body can happen to anyone anywhere when sometimes when we are in deep sleep and have no feelings of the body.
It is not a Hijack but more of some mental disconnection I think. Happens to me when I am asleep in an uncomfortable position.
OMG, so its not normal 😕?! The same thing happens to us also. We stay in a city, in a 7-storeyed building at the 4th floor. And even we've heard the exact same noises you have mentioned, i.e., dropping marbles, and moving furnitures! But we assume its the people staying in the 5th floor doing them. But we did find it a bit strange as these noises used to happen at odd times, like 2-2:30 in the night. But we thought, maybe the house has kids who are playing at night. But soo late at night did seem a bit wierd, but we never bothered pondering about it as it never affected us much! But now seeing your topic, am getting a bit worried 😕! Someone please give me a scientific reason to it.

Some similar complaint in Singapore buildings too
HDB= Housing Development Board Buildings

Three explanations
1) When water flow is shut off suddenly, the change in pressure rattles the pipes, which may sound like marbles dropping after distortion through walls.

2) Some pre-fabricated floors used in HDB flats have an embedded high-strength steel cable which can give off creaking sounds when they contract.

3) It is really children playing with marbles

What the HDB says

'HDB flats are designed based on prevailing building codes. Hence, the acoustic properties for flats are no different from other residential buildings. To date, we have not received any feedback on the sound of dropping marbles where there has not been any attributable cause. HDB Sengkang Branch Office, which manages the flats at Punggol Town, has not received any feedback about the sound of dropping marbles in the area.

In Mr Wong's case, we have contacted him and offered HDB's help. We will be checking with his neighbours over the next few days to see if we can locate the source of the sounds Mr Wong mentioned. Madam Shamsuddin mentioned that her eldest son described hearing similar sounds as Mr Wong. If she would like us to look into the matter too, she can contact our Toll-free Branch Office and provide us with her address.

In a high-rise, high-density living environment, a certain degree of noise is inevitable. It would also be in the interest of neighbourliness for residents to ensure that the activities carried out within the flat do not generate excessive noise and to exercise some degree of tolerance towards their neighbours.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What the readers say

'The pipes of some air-con units make popping sounds. These sounds resemble marbles dropping when they travel through the pipe embedded in walls. Another possibility is that in some old fridges, the compressor makes this noise which can be heard clearly only at wee hours when it's quiet.'
-- MR CHARLES GOH, Founder of the Asia Paranormal Investigators

'I'm quite sure that this 'urban legend' is due to a real social phenomenon: the Singaporeans' love of mahjong.'
-- MR CHRISTOPHER YEO JER SIONG, Chuan Terrace

'Could the sound be attributed to the expansion of a certain type of tiled floor in the much cooler early hours of the morning?'

Charles Goh: Finally the marble dropping phenomena reached its climax when the Straits Times published an article citing the results of an investigation by a paranormal group, SPI, on June 26th.    

Read more

Edited by Summer3 - 12 years ago
I ve herad such sounds too 😕
yep so they are saying do not worry. But if it gets too loud better run, the building could be collapsing 😆
Ok you guys are freaking me out, I tend to hear marble ball bouncing on floor too but is from my neighbour upstair, hmmm happens quite often though hmmm