Posted: 12 years ago
Hi guys!
As we all know, things like the Kindle and E-Reader are taking over
Almost every book is available in a e-book format
I also have books on my iPod
But, is it the same thing?
For me, its annoying to use a technology device to read
It hurts my eyes, and its not even fun.
The fun just lasts in holding a book, and flipping its pages.
What do you guys think?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I like the scent of the crisp pages of a book, I love the vintage fragrance of the old books I dust off every now and then, books in their indigenous form are preferable and nearly heaven to me. I read e-books as well, but then they've not got me essentially hooked ever, I tend to read em only if it's urgent.  
I've just started reading ebooks...overall I don't mind the medium as long as I can get to the story but I don't like looking at the glare from the screen of my iphone or worrying about the battery power

I don't have any experience with the Nook or the Kindle but from what I've heard, they're much better to use for this sort of thing
I just tried few online books and those downloadable books! The feeling is just not the same eventhough I really applaud and admire the adavance technologies and ease of access related to books nowadays but I prefer turning the pages of a new book as Kanky said, nothing beats the fragrance of a crisp new book, plus the excitement of finishing it. At times, I end up falling asleep with the book in my hand. And I tend to find it stressful for the eyes looking to the screen for too long at a stretch, the scrolling up and down the entire feel is just not the same! I prefer the book over e-books!

P.S: Nice new topic, Sweetu!
Edited by Shades-Of-Grey - 12 years ago
Limerance thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
I'm not a fan of these e-books. I haven't read books on a kindle or other e-readers but on my ipod I have and it's just not the same. The text is small and not to mention the glare. Plus you don't get the satisfaction of actually picking up the book and turning the pages. Not to mention books on the shelf look much nicer than just a little electronic gadget. 
desigrl05 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I agree..technology although great, I dont feel the same with it.  I downloaded a couple of reads but didn't enjoy them as much.  I guess I am not used to them or whatever.  But I still enjoy having my book collection and actually seeing them gives me a satisfaction that I've read all that I've bought and I can go back and get them anytime without worrying baout battery power or if my kindle breaks or whatever..
Artful_Dodger thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
LOL seems like i am gonna be the "odd one" out here .. but i kinda like reading e-books .. yup ... i love my Kindle  ðŸ˜³
Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I actually have ibooks on my iphone, I dont particulary hate it...I like that I get to read a whole lot more books than I do with actual books. But I love the feeling of holding an actual book and reading and being so engrossed in it

with my iphone it seems like I am crazy that I stare at the screen for 20 minutes of so lol (my friend told me this)

I think ereaders like kindle, ibooks on ipads and nook are better than the iphone obviously. I actually might get a kindle soon so I hope it's better than reading on the iphone
s.kundan thumbnail
The look and feel of books is important for me. I never feel like reading ebooks.

---------------------------------
Kundan
Online Book Store India
real books for me anyday over e books