Gauti always has a plan B ready: Virat Kohli

safeplacetoland thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Gauti always has a plan B ready: Kohli
OUR SPECIAL CORRESPONDENT

Bangalore: Royal Challengers Bangalore's stand-in skipper Virat Kohli, Friday, heaped praise on Guatam Gambhir saying that the just appointed Indian captain for the T20 and one-day International series against the West Indies is a fine motivator and has great leadership skills.

The following are excerpts

Update on Daniel Vettori

Vettori has gone back home to consult his personal physician… He will try to get back and be fit for the upcoming games. We will just have to wait and watch how it goes.

His experience as Royal Challengers captainIt has been a good experience… It is really different from just being a player in the side. It is a big responsibility on me to captain a side of international players and experienced guys. I am enjoying the challenge… Everyone in the team is backing me .

Vettori and Tillekaratne Dilshan not being in the team

Obviously, it's a loss for us and it's unfortunate… It's been happening to us for the last two years. We have lost important players at important times due to injuries. But we have got reserves in the side who are willing to do well and are known as talented, thinking cricketers.

On the KKR match

Our first aim was to get into the top four… We are on the verge of doing that. We are not thinking too much about being in the top two because we don't want to put ourselves under pressure and lose the momentum.

His role in the national team for the West Indies tour

I always take every game as a big responsibility because, as an international cricketer, I think you just can't be complacent or casual about any game. I am going to play with the same mindset that I have had for the last one-and-a-half years. Obviously, with the senior players not being there, it is an added responsibility.

On Gambhir being named the India T20 and ODI captain for WI tour

I have played under him before and he is a very good captain. He really motivates all the players to give their 100 per cent on the field. His leadership skills are really good because he takes his plans on the field and always has the plan B ready. He has a great temperament and when under pressure, he always backs his bowlers

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MrsJaimeFraser thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
eeekkksss...i LOVED what VK said about Gauti...😍😃. Thanks for posting it here Nidz...🤗.love it when ppl praise him so much, especially when he is SO WORTH all of it...😳
safeplacetoland thumbnail
Originally posted by: Deblina_ArTi

eeekkksss...i LOVED what VK said about Gauti...😍😃. Thanks for posting it here Nidz...🤗.love it when ppl praise him so much, especially when he is SO WORTH all of it...😳

You only gave me the article 🤣 🤗
MrsJaimeFraser thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
i know...but thanks for posting...🤣
MysticalRealm thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
This was great. Thanks for posting this.

N love what Virat said about Gautam. I love when people praise him.
mehak78 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
aww...this is awesome...thanks for sharing i love gauti😍