results of d pak media awards 2011

Posted: 12 years ago

mainpic2The second Pakistan Media Awards were bestowed late Saturday night amid a graceful ceremony held at a local hotel. The ceremony was dedicated to the departed legendary actor Moeen Akhter.

Several prominent figures of silver and large screens, including Mustafa Qureshi, Urooj Asif, Ahsen, Aijaz and Faisal Qureshi, hosted the several segments of ceremony.

To start the ceremony, a minute of silence was observed and Fateha was recited for the departed soul of Moeen Akhtar.

Renowned actor Mustafa Qureshi said, "Through this event we want to deliver a message to the western world that Pakistani nation is not afraid of anyone", adding that we boost our culture and talent, while remaining in the sphere of our traditional values.

A large number of celebrities, politicians and art lovers including Sindh Assembly Speaker Nisar Khuhro, renowned textile tycoon Mirza Ikhtiar Baig, famous film stars Nadeem Baig, Zeba Muhammad Ali, Moammar Rana and prominent film directors Syed Noor, Sangeeta Bajlani and others attended the event.

During the awards distribution ceremony, awards for the year 2010 were distributed in several categories. Following are details of the winners:

Best Newscaster (Male)
Salman Hasan (Samaa TV)

Best Newscaster (Female)
Kiran Rizvi (Aaj News)

Best Anchorperson (Male)
Kashif Abbasi (ARY News)

Best Anchorperson (Female)
Aasma Chaudhry (Samaa TV)

Best Morning Show
Muskurati Morning (TV One)

Best Soap
Samdhan (Hum TV)

Best Drama
Daastan (Hum TV)

Best Drama Director
Haissam Hussain

Best Supporting Actor (Male)
Ahsan Khan

Best Supporting Actor (Female)
Sanam Baloch

Best Actor
Fawad Khan

Best Radio Jockey Award for the male went to Dr Ajaz Waris from FM 92 and for female to Noveen Waqar from FM 91. Best Fashion Journalist Award went to Faisal Qureshi. Aamer Adnan bagged the award for Best Fashion Designer. Best Model Award for female went to Nadia Hassan and for male to Hareeb. Saba Ansari bagged the awards in hairstyle and makeup category. Syed Noor was awarded with Best Film Director Award. Best Theatre Awards went to the National Academy of Performing Arts (NAPA) Group. Channa Sachi Muchi was declared the Best Film of the Year 2010. Best actor and actress awards went to Shan and Saima respectively and Best Female Singer Award went to Fareeha Pervez.

A special award was granted to the legendary musician and vocal person Mehdi Hassan. Lifetime achievement award went to senior star Lehri. Besides, a special award was bestowed on the desire of Nadeem Baig entitled 'Moeen Akhter Award,' under the category of Best Entertainer of the year, which went to Omer Sharif.

Sanam Baloch and several other award winners dedicated their awards to their mothers, marking the World Mother's Day.

Little Master Rohan Abbas mesmerized the audience with his songs. Sangeta Bajlani, Syed Noor, and Mehdi Hassan wished him luck and appreciated his performance. He said in tears that singing in front of Mehdi Hassan was his largest wish of life.

Renowned Choreographer Pappu Samraat arranged a special dance, which was dedicated to his favorite actor Sanam Baloch.

Spectators enjoyed the privilege of watching renowned actor Muammar Rana's live performance. His wife and daughter were also present on this occasion. Rana while receiving the Best Actor Award on Shan's behalf, said that now he has received an award Shan's behalf, people would not say that there lies a conflict between the two starts adding "Shan is my senior and he has taught a lot to me".

Senior Artist Shakeel entertained people through his dance performance on Rahat Fateh Ali Khan's song 'Dil To Bacha He Gee.'

Speaking on the occasion, Speaker Sindh Assembly Khuhro said that there was no deficiency of talent in Pakistan. He praised the organizers and congratulated them. He was of the view that supporting such types of events was the need of the hour.

Syed Noor said that he was very glad to be there as he attended such an event after a long time. He said that he had launched a film academy and said that he was confident that the academy would play significant role in developing the Pakistani film industry.

Nadeem Baig while urging the local media to support Pakistani film industry said that such events should be held to support the declining film industry of Pakistan. He further said that money is not the real reward for an artist, but appreciation is.

Omer Sharif also entertained the spectators on this occasion and bagged applause from the audience.

He requested Syed Noor to direct a film and cast all senior stars including Nadeem Baig, Zeba Ali and others as the local film industry was on a steep decline after the retirement of these artists. He offered that he would write the script of the proposed film without charging a single penny. In an immediate response, Noor came on the stage and informed the audience that he already had signed an agreement for a film with Zeba Muhammad Ali on the same day and promised to fulfill Sharif's request.

Later while talking to Daily Times Sangeeta and Zeba said that they both came from Lahore to participate in the ceremony. The congratulated the organizers Mr. and Mrs Arshed Siddiqui of Triple E and hoped that with the support of such awards and events Pakistani film industry will bloom again.

Organizer Arshad Siddiqui said that the purpose behind the event was to re-live the Pakistani film industry. He said though he and other private sector were trying to play their level best the cold behavior of government was quite illogical.

He thanked all participants and said that the government would have to step ahead to safeguard the industry, instead of only providing lip service. He said that he is going to launch his own film in the coming month of November. The nightlong event left several promises, memories and hopes behind. Only time can prove the sincerity of celebrities but the government's role for the betterment of the industry is yet to be defined.

WOW!
Thanks for this!
Awesome! content with the results! We ar so unbiased! 😎 unlike our neighbours... 🤔 :P

thnxs...Salman Hasan is also my fav newscaster :D

Originally posted by -Sidra-

thnxs...Salman Hasan is also my fav newscaster :D

hi5 coz i like him too😊
thanks for posting this!

I dislike how the same ppl keep getting these awards, i mean come on Nadia Hassan always gets the best female model, give someone else a chance..and the actors too

and Muskarati MORNING for best morning show?!?!? PUHLEAZEEE, i cant stand watching his 3 hour show..Utho Jagho Pak, or Morning with Hum is better, even Good morning Pak n Meena Bazaar too, everything is better than that..

WHo was best tv actress female?
thanks for posting..

woww congrats to them sanam wonn awwn shwweeets 
Yay Ahsan got best supporting male actor.But my Saba didn't get any award.😔

Congo to Fawad and Sanam and dastaan whole team.😃

Originally posted by Princezz22

Yay Ahsan got best supporting male actor.But my Saba didn't get any award.😔

Congo to Fawad and Sanam and dastaan whole team.😃

actually i get dawn newspaper at my hme n dey had reported abt saba gettin d best supporting actress for daastaan so u can rejoice now😃
Originally posted by raju786

thanks for posting this!

I dislike how the same ppl keep getting these awards, i mean come on Nadia Hassan always gets the best female model, give someone else a chance..and the actors too

and Muskarati MORNING for best morning show?!?!? PUHLEAZEEE, i cant stand watching his 3 hour show..Utho Jagho Pak, or Morning with Hum is better, even Good morning Pak n Meena Bazaar too, everything is better than that..

WHo was best tv actress female?

true abt nadia hussain shes always winning it.😕..n yes i was also shocked to c muskurati mornng winnng😲...abt uthi jaago pak i dun even feel like commentng🤢 but yes GMpakistan n mornng wid hum is good
Originally posted by alisha_yashAran

true abt nadia hussain shes always winning it.😕..n yes i was also shocked to c muskurati mornng winnng😲...abt uthi jaago pak i dun even feel like commentng🤢 but yes GMpakistan n mornng wid hum is good

whats wrong with Utho Jago😲😆

yeah its annoying how new ppl dont get a chance..