The Revival III UPDATED-48, 49 and 50 - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago
First off, heartiest apologies for being this late with updates. I'm easing into my new schedule and since Ganpati festival is around the corner, I'm super-busy preparing for the dhol-tasha processions :P

Here's the update!

9. ICY BLUES

Dong!

The doorbell rang.

Paras looked at the ornate brass door. The large palatial residence, Swarg seemed out of the ordinary for a young crime investigator.

The door opened.

Framed in the door, Madhura looked at the man standing outside. She brushed her hair out of her eyes for a better look. As she recognized him, she smiled warmly.

Paras gulped. "Janu hain ghar pe?"

Inviting him inside, she said, "Naah. Abhi tak aai nai."

"Toh fir main baad main aata hoon."

"Mujhse darne ki jaroorat nahi hain. Aaj toh ghar ka pata dhoond nahi ahi hoon.Paani wagera kuch chahie?"

He nodded uncomfortably, his parched throat unable to force him into any other reply.

She smiled. He sat down in a comfortable leather armchair as she disappeared into the corridor leading to the kitchen.

He looked around interested. A huge sheaf of rough papers, newspapers and a laptop was lying on the long wooden table in one end of the huge room.

Hands in his pockets, he walked towards it casually.

He picked up the topmost handwritten sheet….

"A Heiress and her tragedies– By Aara Mehra

An heiress without a scandal is like a socialite without botox. Uninteresting. A woman with a reputation should have something to save it from. Otherwise she fades out like a nondescript star in the morning sky. Unremembered a day later, all owed to the short term public memory. Amnesia is a common disease of the general public. Time is the essential key, an asset and a liability. With time, come wrinkles, to the personality, and to the face.….."

"Hmm….Kya padh rahe ho?"

He looked up with a start. Madhura was looking at him.

"Who wrote this?"

"I did."

"Aara Mehra?"

"Hm-hm…Pen name. This is the page three column. Do you read the editorial of the Times?"

His cell rang. With a quick peek at the number, he cut the call.

"Every single day!"

"What did you think about the new column?"

"Don't tell me you wrote it. That was refreshingly crisp!"

"Thanks."

He looked at her with undisguised curiosity. "So is this what you do? Editorials?"

His cell rang again. He now cut the call without looking at the screen absorbed in the conversation.

"I am lucky I even got a chance. What do you do by the way?"

"I am an RJ on RadioNow."

"Cool. Wait a minute. You are not. That is why your voice felt familiar! You are-"

"Just a minute, I am sorry." He apologized, an irritated look on his face.

She felt the snippets of his conversation drifting towards her. "Maya, baby! Kaisi ho? Hm? No yaar…Look. Some other time. Okay? Please keep that in mind before you call me again!"

He quickly dialed another number. "Shara, babes. Kaisi ho? Today? No yaar! Yaaa, not more beautiful than you! No baby not today, okay.Bye….."

He turned towards her.

"What?"

"Its just- nothing."

He smiled at her, showing off his dimples.

She looked at him, thunderstruck.

"And you are RJ Paras? How is that possible? You-"

He looked at her face confusedly. A storm of emotions was passing over it. Anger, confusion, and…was it embarrassment?

Her manner more guarded and hostile, she asked, "Chai wagera kuch?"

He was about to say yes, but caught himself in time. The question was rhetorical and perfunctory.

"Theeke…chalo main chalti hoon, bahut kaam bacha hain. Jaate waqt darwaza band karke jaana…"

She was gone in another moment, her track pant swishing, her hair dancing behind her.

Paras let himself out, surprised at the sudden turn in her behaviour.

Madhura closed the door of her room, and leaned on the wooden door. "Shit, shit, shit…." She banged her head on the door.

10. PLAYFUL

"Neha, kabhi ha, kabhi na, Neha..kabhi ha, kabhi na, Neha, kabhi ha, kabhi na, Neha kabhi ha kabhi na…………

Neha removed her spectacles and glared at Ajay.

He stopped chanting at once.

"Maaf karo ki main tumhe ek acchi, seedhi sadhi comedy dikhayi, okay?"

Ajay smiled. "Neha, kabhi ha, kabhi na,"

"Ajay!!" Neha yelled crossly.

He stuck out his tongue in the universal-oops-now-she-is-really-pissed-way.

She turned back to her screen.

"Neeehhaaa………." He dragged out her name.

She just looked at him from the corner of her eye.

"Waise ha ya na?"

"Hm?"

"Kabhi ha, kabhi na……"

"AJAY!"

"Apni girlfriend se ek seedha sadha sawal pooch to wo samajhti nahi hain…Kya din aa gaye hain…."

"Ajay bhago yahaan se mujhe bahut kaam hain."

"Yes madam."

He disappeared.

She sighed, asking herself, how she had managed to fall in love with him.

Her smile returned to her face, just thinking about him.

Her cell phone rang.

She opened and read the text message.

'Shaam 8 baje. Tumhare ghar ke neeche. Btw, mera paperwork koi kar raha hain kya? One more thing, ha ya na?'

She replied to the message.

Ajay was sitting on the receptionist's table, chatting with the staff members.

'Theek hain. By the way Deepika ne poocha hain ki kya wo tumhara pprwork kar sakti hain.'

11. UNDONE

Aaryan was pacing up and down.

Neha was looking at the flight timetables on the net. Deepika was nowhere to be seen.

Aaryan appeared alongside Neha, "Kitne baje ki flight hain?"

"Spice airlines ki hain. Wahaan 5 baje pahunch ti hain. That way we can attend the reception at 7 and catch the flight at 11. Kya ye theek rahega?"

"Sure. Meri ticket book karwa lo. Aur kaun aa raha hain?"

"Neha, Ajay aur Zubeen…"

"oh…kya-…..Okay…." He turned to go.

Neha said very quietly. "Tum theek kar rahe ho Aaryan."

He gave her a thankful smile and went towards the pantry.

Pantry

Deepika was sitting alone in the pantry. A few staff members were playing pool. With a single glance from Aaryan, they scurried off.

He sat beside her, uncomfortable with the situation.

"Maine Saturday ki ticket book kar li hain.".

"…."

"Deepika…."

"…."

"You don't mind?"

"Should I?" she said not looking at him, instead concentrating on the brick wall.

"I-"

"I don't mind Aaryan. Why should I?"

He squinted at her. She was still not looking at him.

"Agar tumhe lagta hain….ki….mujhe nahi jaana chahiye toh-"

"Sach main, main bhi aa na chahti thi, par….anyway, maine tum logon ke leave manzoor kar di hain. Waise bhi, main tumhe rokne waali kaun hoti ho Aaryan?"

He looked at her and said warningly "Deepika-"

She did not pay any attention.

The air was heavy with underlying pain and fake ease.

Deepika looked into her glass of juice. She swirled it and downed it.

"Neha ko meri bhi ticket book karwane ke liye kaho."

Without another word, she walked out, and Aaryan was left to contemplate on the mysteries of the complexities of the female mind

She sat down on her chair and rested her head on the cool metal table.

"Shyna ke shaadi ke reception main jaakar main koi galati toh nahi kar rahi hoon na?"

12. MY HEART WILL GO ON……

Monday

Deepika walked in the office her bag in her hand and a lot of thoughts on her mind.

She came in, and with a customary glance at the opposite table, she nodded her head resignedly.

Walking towards the idols in the corner of the room, she folded her hands in a namaskaar and bowed her head closing her eyes.

She silently prayed for strength to face the situation that may arise…..

She opened her eyes and turned. Walking towards the sleeping form of Aaryan she folded her hands and stood beside him.

"Aaryan!...Aaryan utho!"

He opened his eyes blearily.

Nothing had changed.

"Kal raat bhi ghar nahi gaye? Mujhe tumhe airport par hi warn karna chahiye tha….Utho ab."

"Yes madam" he said waking up, an amused smile spreading on his face.

"Tum bhi na Aaryan!"

"Deepika, ye jo tum mujhe roj uthati ho na, wo mujhe bahut accha lagta hain."

She tucked her hair behind her ear self consciously. "Kyun?"

"My alarm clock….Subah subah tumhari awaz uss mechanical tring se acchi lagti hain…."

She turned and marched away disgustedly, shaking her head in exasperation.

As Aaryan disappeared, she sat down on her desk, the laptop open in front of her, but her thoughts far away…Precisely to the reception of the night before….

She was glad that she had managed to conceal her feelings, yesterday and now…. He was still the same…She had been worried about his composure seeing the person he had let go, now married to somebody else. She almost thought that his wishes to Shy and Rishi were genuine….

But that was not possible.

Or was it?

Bath

Aaryan put his hands on the granite counter and peered into the mirror. He was relieved that Deepika's and his banter had continued good naturedly.

Nothing had changed.

Inspite of the woman he had once loved getting married to somebody else, and he wishing her a happy married life with utmost sincerity while feeling attraction for somebody else, hopefully nothing else had changed.

Nothing.

Or perhaps it was time to move on….

great parts...shy got married, good...
hey pooja how r u? missed  u dear 🤗

gr8 update awesome work... really happy to read ur ff after along time..
shaina got married oh good so yes Mr.aryan its time to move on

keep it up dear and waiting for more and more
thnx for updates 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏
Nice update...
And the part was when deepika wake up aaryan and then he told that..
"Deepika, ye jo tum mujhe roj uthati ho na, wo mujhe bahut accha lagta hain."

"My alarm clock….Subah subah tumhari awaz uss mechanical tring se acchi lagti hain…."

So cute...

Anyway waiting for more because now aaryan have to move on...

hey pooja desperately waiting for more 😔
Me too! Pooja ji! Pata hai studies hai, lekin humara intezaar bhi hai! :)