--sunshine-- thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

In everyone's life one person has to go into a phase when he or she has to decide about their life. They had to think about their future. When it comes to deciding about future one person always has to face dilemma between his or her dream and their parent dreams. Its very rare case or I would say say it only with one person in 100 person that their dream matches up with parents dream.

Parents dream

Parents are the most experienced people. They have faced many problems for bringing their children. When a child is born they start thinking plans about its future. They start dreaming for those things  which they were unable to fulfill for themselves. So in a way they want to want to live their dreams in children's future. Sometimes the society, friends and relatives (peer pressure) makes them to force a career or future for children so that they can stand up in the society. Sometimes due to bad experience from their past they don't want their children  choose their dreams like Kriya

Children dreams

Everybody has their own ambition and aim. They but they are made to go for their parents choice because they are more experienced and they can never think wrong for their children . but what about children aspiration and dreams. Their dreams are even don't worth to pay heed. Doing something hattke aka unique is so wrong.

Everyone should get enough opportunity to choose a career for themselves. They should follow their dreams.

So in the end I would like to ask following questions

Ques1- to whom dreams to follow: yours or your parents and why?

Ques2- if u were at Kriya place to whom dreams you would have preferred and why?

Ques3- Are parents always right when it comes to choose career options????

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

xx-Rai-xx thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

woah this is a great topic nd one of my fav 

i just love all topics about dream nd wish

so now answers to ur questions 

i kind of follow both as i work hard in school nd try to get good grades cuz i dont want to hurt my parents nd at the same time i also take those extra activities nd do fun things in schools as its my own dream like i take acting, singing nd dancing class in school cuz its something i want to do nd my parents dont have problems with that as long as i still do good ins school but mostly i follow my parents dream nd at times they let me follow my own dream too nd let me do something which i want to as long as school goes fine 

Ques2- if u were at Kriya place to whom dreams you would have preferred and why?

i would have followed my own dream cuz i would have told my mom this whole situations nd try to explain it to her nd as moms are known as child's best friend i m pretty sure my mom would understand nd let me follow my own dream

well no they are always not right, honestly i live in USA nd most parents in here want their kids to be docs or lawyers as u will get paid a lot but they dont always think about our wish...they at times make us pick something which we dont want to instead of letting us pick what we want to...they at times pick something which we might not be that good at instead of letting us pick something which we are good at nd want to do so ya parents are not always right when it comes to career choice

Edited by xx-Rai-xx - 12 years ago
CoffeeAddict thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

1- to whom dreams to follow: yours or your parents and why?

> I'd say follow your own dream, cos even though eventually it would lead to tensions between you and your parents, ten years down the line when you're successful, i won't matter whose future choice you followed. Your parents too want you to be successful. But when there's a conflict of opinions, it means higher pressure, cos in such cases mediocracy is not tolerated.

2- if u were at Kriya place to whom dreams you would have preferred and why?

> Hers. Same reason as above. And since she has the potential to be on top.

3- Are parents always right when it comes to choose career options?

> Not always. Their options are based on their experiences. And the times and atmosphere they faced those situations is long gone.

--sunshine-- thumbnail
Originally posted by: xx-Rai-xx

woah this is a great topic nd one of my fav 

i just love all topics about dream nd wish

so now answers to ur questions 

thanx alot 4 liking the topic actually this topic is very close to me as i have been to this.

i kind of follow both as i work hard in school nd try to get good grades cuz i dont want to hurt my parents nd at the same time i also take those extra activities nd do fun things in schools as its my own dream like i take acting, singing nd dancing class in school cuz its something i want to do nd my parents dont have problems with that as long as i still do good ins school but mostly i follow my parents dream nd at times they let me follow my own dream too nd let me do something which i want to as long as school goes fine 

So u r in school and if u can handle all this side by side then nothing can get more wonderful as will acheive ur and ur parents dream at the same time.๐Ÿ˜Š And i wish you all the best. Actually my this question was for a situation when you have to choose between parents and yourdreams and m glad you are not suffering from that situation

i would have followed my own dream cuz i would have told my mom this whole situations nd try to explain it to her nd as moms are known as child's best friend i m pretty sure my mom would understand nd let me follow my own dream

I guess this is the best solution to it as keeping your POV in front of others always helps you alot as they can understand your situation and i just hiope kriya also go 4 this solution

well no they are always not right, honestly i live in USA nd most parents in here want their kids to be docs or lawyers as u will get paid a lot but they dont always think about our wish...they at times make us pick something which we dont want to instead of letting us pick what we want to...they at times pick something which we might not be that good at instead of letting us pick something which we are good at nd want to do so ya parents are not always right when it comes to career choice

Parents torturing there children for hi fi courses is not a new thing  and i guess it happens at every corner of the world. And according me children need to go for their dreams as after 10 yrs they will be not repenting there own decision and they will be happy and ultimately thats what parents want
thanx alot 4 replying and it ws gr8 to see ur POV

--sunshine-- thumbnail
[QUOTE=Sheherzade]

1- to whom dreams to follow: yours or your parents and why?

> I'd say follow your own dream, cos even though eventually it would lead to tensions between you and your parents, ten years down the line when you're successful, i won't matter whose future choice you followed. Your parents too want you to be successful. But when there's a conflict of opinions, it means higher pressure, cos in such cases mediocracy is not tolerated.

Thats the whole thing that i wanted to say that we need to follow our dreams as u will have interest in it and u can do better justice to ur dreams then to other dreams. And according to my experience things done under pressure bring desired results. And our ultimate goal is happiness and that we will receive thru our dreams for sure๐Ÿ˜Š

2- if u were at Kriya place to whom dreams you would have preferred and why?

> Hers. Same reason as above. And since she has the potential to be on top.

yup u are gain right over here and she needs to make her mother to understand her and keep her POV in front of her and she shouls also ask the reason to her why is she so against it.

3- Are parents always right when it comes to choose career options?

> Not always. Their options are based on their experiences. And the times and atmosphere they faced those situations is long gone.

Maybe env or atmosphere is according to old times but according to me they had also faced similar situation in their life for once then why they dont undersatnd us now and according to me this is what we call generation gap.
thanx alot 4 reply and out thoughts matched alot๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜ณ[/QUOTE]
kchaims thumbnail

I think we must follow our dreams with the permission from our guardian / parents .

Kriya must follow her dreams .Anyone with courage being in her place would do the same as her

No . They are choosing our career based on their experiences but what they are forgetting is that the world has changed.