Posted: 18 years ago

wen i said lol, i did not mean this in a rude way, i have a frend called shannee and she is a buddhist, whereas I am a Hindu and when v had our r.e-religous education lesson the other day in school, the topic came out abt reincarnation and well i dunno if u all no this but in hinduism it is said that if u r gd in this life of urs then u'll ave anotha life and will b a gd human being in ur nxt janam but in buddhism she told me that they believe that u r reincarnated if u ave done sum sins in this life, so it is sort of a punishment for them that they are alive?(if u no wot i meanπŸ˜•)

first i thought it woz quite funny but then i actually thought it woz quite intereting abt both the religion's different beliefs..wot do u think..

if v reincarnate then should that b a bad thing or a gd thing?πŸ˜•

lub ju loads

xXxTinaxXx

The belief on reincarnation are exactly the same Hinduism, Buddhism and Sikhism . In all you have to go into the cycle of life and death and as different species .......highest specie being man . Untill you can reach Nirvana or Moksha when you become one with god and he / God ends your cycle of life and death !!!!

Because the cycle of life is not punishment but its given by god to man as a chance to live out his sins and be a good person.

So as long as you are born you will have your shares of trials , tribulations , worries , tensions etc etc !!! Have you ever heard of a man who is alive and says - I HAVE A PERFECT LIFE . I AM VERY HAPPY . I NEVER HAVE WORRIES , TENSIONS , BAD HEALTH , MONEY PROBLEM OR ANY EARTHY PROBLEMS  !! THE WORLD LOVES ME .....ETC ETC !! ( If that happens , he's a saint who realy doesn't care about earthly things and just loves god ..............he/she will mostly likely attain salvation )
That never happens as long as you are in the cycle of life and death . Only when you attain salvation by doing good on earth !!!
Edited by Aparna_BD - 18 years ago
Tina hun, as far as I am aware Buddhism takes some of its seeds from Hindusim. They are both similar in their belief of reincarnation. The idea of Moksha or attaining salvation comes from Hindusim and to reach that stage one has to be free from sin. All those that have sinned are reborn or reincarnated as any form of life, could be anything or anyone. Once you have paid for all your sin then you attain salvation. Some people agree with it and some people don't.

There is a story of Shri Rama (Shri Maha Vishnu) and Ravana. Ravana's soul wanted to become one , merge, with Lord Vishnu or attain salvation. Lord Vishnu proposes that his soul be born on earth either three times doing bad deeds as an oppresor of Lord Vishnu or seven lives as a devotee of the Lord. Both ways he would be relieved of his lives by Lord Vishnu and finally attain Moksha. The soul of Ravana wants to reach the Lord at any cost so it picks the smaller three lives as an oppressor. They are Hiranyakashipa, father of Bhkt.Prahlada and is killed by the Narasimha Avatara of Lord Vishnu.
Second is Ravana, and is killed by Shri.Rama Avatara and the third is Kamsa (evil uncle of Shri.Krishna) and is killed by Shri.Krishna Avatara.
Finally attained Moksha.

I have summarized what little I know so please take these as my views only.
i dont believe in reincarnation but yea the 2 religionz r similar and the belief of reincarnation is the same in both(i think)
I agree with what Aparna has to say. Rindam, I didn't know about Ravana's 3 avatar. I heard this first time, interesting....looks like i'll have to find out more about it. thanks buddy!
Yes you are right Rindam about Buddhism , Sikhism both takind seed from Hinduism . Hinduism , being one of the most oldest religons of the world . It can be traced back to Indus Valley civilisation .
Sowmyaa, there are so many stories I heard as a child. It's fun when you have grandparents at home.

Vishesh, I see that many folks dont believe in reincarnation, a lot in my own family and friends who have all valid points.

A lil quote I remind myself everytime I say no to something

"Many see things as they are and ask, Why?
I want to see things as they might be and ask, Why not?"

But of course the above could be viewed from several different ways.

Personally, this concept motivates me to be a better person in this life. I could be a good person and do my job well without any motivation but its easier when there is. This teaches me that if you mess up you have to clean the mess up yourself and learn how not to mess up in future because saying sorry and feeling guilty is not going to help.

Great thought Rindam . My belief in re- incarnation certainly helps make me a better person . I like to believe i should do good Karma so that i have a good life when i am born again .

I agree with Aparna and Rindam, that Buddhism and Sikhism is similar and has its roots in Hinduism.

But I just want to say one thing:

Even if we are reincarnated and are going to the next "janam" shouldn;t we all just appreciate it and do good things?

If I a, given another life, I will live to the fullest and try to live with dignity and devote it to charity. In my opinion, we are also reincarnated because God gives us a chance to do things that we aren't able to do in our past life. It gives us a chance to do more good than in our previous life. Whatever the case maybe, I iwll take it as a message from God and do something to make the World and God happy.😊

as far as i know..mythylogy says that if u commit sins in this life...as a punishment u reincarnate.....
i feel its a belief and sometimes may be it happens...no idea abt it..... πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜›

agree totally with aparna πŸ˜›