Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kavith-2305 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
I dont believe in reincarnation.
But if it happens it will not affect me.Without knowing wat happens in the previous generation what is the use of thinking abt it whether it is good or bad.Who knows this is the person who is born as kavitha in her previous janam.Even myself dont know who am i in prev janam.How can i say it is a punishment.Hope i am not hurting any religion.I will just live a new life.May b the new life can give sufferings.But the life is in our hand and it is in our hand to make it enjoyable.
syrene thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aparna_BD

Great thought Rindam . My belief in re- incarnation certainly helps make me a better person . I like to believe i should do good Karma so that i have a good life when i am born again .

u r right. whatever it is if believing in reincarnation helps u to live a better life and be a better human being and do good deeds, then reincarnation just like the concept of heaven is worth believing in.
Willows thumbnail

Great thought Rindam . My belief in re- incarnation certainly helps make me a better person . I like to believe i should do good Karma so that i have a good life when i am born again .

i believe in reincarnation, if you have done good deeds in your previous life then you get a good avtaar in the next birth, but i believe good karma is like a savings account, always retain some balance so that you can earn some interest on it. 

Rindam thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Yeah its a matter of choice to believe in something or not.
Reincarnation or not, if one has the right motivation to do well and do good and be good then that would be nice.

Things are never perfect, one should still strive for it. The focal point is to motivate people to do better and better as people. That is what reincarnation is about, getting to the point of being perfect.Doesnt matter I remember or not where I left off in the far past. Someone else is keeping track of my record and I trust the record keeping.

Knicks420 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
if we a reincarnated in to somethin good like a white person then it is good, lol. I mean a president or Bill Gates then it is good.
If we reincarnated into a trash can or dog sh*t then that sucks.

------edited for the use of an unacceptable word------------------------------------
Edited by Aparna_BD - 18 years ago
Aparna_BD thumbnail

Originally posted by: KunalK

if we a reincarnated in to somethin good like a white person then it is good, lol. I mean a president or Bill Gates then it is good.
If we reincarnated into a trash can or dog sh*t then that sucks.

------edited for the use of an unacceptable word------------------------------------

No its not a big deal to get re- incarnated as a white person , not sure how you got such an impression . Being re- incarnated as a human being is a big deal , as humans are superior as beings than animals since they have a few more gifts than animals .
As for being re- incarnated as a trash can or dog waste , that doesn't happen as you can only come back as another living thing . As what depends entirely on your "karma "!!
Sharila thumbnail
We all are individual, and so is our belief, so therefore I say we believe what we believe, and repect what others believe in
Morgoth thumbnail
Reincarnation as a human also is NOT good according to BOTH Hinduism and Buddhism.

The goal of Hinduism is to gain Moksha, which means liberation from the cycle of birth, death and rebirth (samsara). Depending on which school of thought you follow, you become one with a Personal God (like Shiva or Vishnu) - called Saguna Brahman OR you become one with Nirguna Brahman, which transcends the personal God (Shankara's school - Advaita Vedanta)

In Buddhism, the goal is to attain Nirvana/Satori = liberation from desires and samsara. As Buddhists believe that life is suffering (1st Noble Truth), they would not like to be reborn.

The MAJOR difference b/w Hinduism and Buddhism is that Hindus believe in an Immortal Soul (Atman) which is reborn until it eventually becomes one with Brahman (the ultimate reality or ground of Being)

In Buddhism, THERE IS NO SOUL (Anatman). Buddhists believe that nothing is permanent. If that is the case, there is no immortal soul. What is reincarnated is "karmic energies" and that determines your rebirth.

Also, the difference is that in Buddhism, an act in itself (Karma) is not as important as the MOTIVATION behind the act. For instance: if you intended to kill someone and failed, you are born in a lower state in comparison to a time you killed someone by accident.

By and large, in Hinduism, Motivation/Intention was not given much importance until the Bhagavad Gita.

Both theories are escapist - the idea is to escape from the bonds of samsara and become one with what one considers Ultimate reality.
Aparna_BD thumbnail

Originally posted by: T.

Reincarnation as a human also is NOT good according to BOTH Hinduism and Buddhism.

Yes thats right . Except that being re-incarnated as a human being is of the highest status than other crits and creatures . Only a human being is capable of attaining salvation or  Moksha . He can do so through bhakti and good karmas.
Morgoth thumbnail

Yes thats right . Except that being re-incarnated as a human being is of the highest status than other crits and creatures . Only a human being is capable of attaining salvation or  Moksha . He can do so through bhakti and good karmas.

True. Yoga/meditation is another technique. 

I read that in Theravada Buddhism only a MAN (who is a MONK) is capable of attaining nirvana, so women had to get reborn as men AND as monks. 😛