A matured Love story : How feasible is that???

Posted: 12 years ago
Well...I know it is so early to post this even before the serial has started.
But as we all know..what brought us all over here are the promos and the Lovestory which is yet to begin.. between two people who are just way above the 'falling age'
Dont get me wrong...am all for 'love at any age'...But still it is difficult to fall once you pass that certain 'falling age'😆 as THEY say!!
The age matures you, makes you a bit cautious.
That spontaneity, that impulsiveness, that brashness, that defying the world for your love, those PDAs😉, that loony behavior, that exhilaration and sappiness, is it possible for people who have entered their 'Maturity levels' to have that...
And more importantly...are these THE criterias for love???
It is a random post on a Sunday morning ...So please bear😃

Would love to know your thoughts😊
Edited by -Srushti- - 12 years ago
I really don't think that age limits your ability to fall in love at all. I think what changes with age is your PERCEPTION of love. Love might be that "thrilling/butterflies-in-your-stomach/sappy-impulsiveness" for someone OR it might be a more "practical/respectful/partnership-based-relationship".. The "prince charming" could be the "dramatic/singing-love-songs/excessive-PDA" sorta guy or he could be the "someone-you-can-curl-up-with-on-the-a-rainy-afternoon/laughing-over-the-same-jokes/helping-you-with-life/sharing-your-troubles" sort of guy.. And that is something that varies with age, in my opinion.

What you WANT out of your partner and what you expect out of your love-life/relationship is what changes with age. So maybe older couples "mature" and don't see love as a giggles-n-hugs phenomenon, but I don't think that impairs their ability to fall in love. They still can (and do) fall in love just as hard and just as deep as any young person.. It's just that what classifies as love and who qualifies as the object of their affection and how they display that affection might be different.. 😳
Edited by -Fivr- - 12 years ago
Originally posted by -Fivr-

I really don't think that age limits your ability to fall in love at all. I think what changes with age is your PERCEPTION of love. Love might be that "thrilling/butterflies-in-your-stomach/sappy-impulsiveness" for someone OR it might be a more "practical/respectful/partnership-based-relationship".. The "prince charming" could be the "dramatic/singing-love-songs/excessive-PDA" sorta guy or he could be the "someone-you-can-curl-up-with-on-the-a-rainy-afternoon/laughing-over-the-same-jokes/helping-you-with-life/sharing-your-troubles" sort of guy.. And that is something that varies with age, in my opinion.

What you WANT out of your partner and what you expect out of your love-life/relationship is what changes with age. So maybe older couples "mature" and don't see love as a giggles-n-hugs phenomenon, but I don't think that impairs their ability to fall in love. They still can (and do) fall in love just as hard and just as deep as any young person.. It's just that what classifies as love and who qualifies as the object of their affection and how they display that affection might be different.. 😳

LOL LTLians dominating...😆
I agree with your statement that there is no age to fall in love...any age person can fall just as hard...
But I really feel that it is harder to 'fall'...I guess you become a bit apprehensive to approach a person and too blinded by cynicism (that comes with the age) to just go and trust that person...
Well see I agree the perception part and that those PDAs and other symptoms are taken over by 'curling up on a sofa' and 'chain saw adorable snoring thing'😆..
What I am trying to say is that, these things come AFTER you fall in love...your expectations change from your partner...
But the thing is ...does falling in love not become a difficult aspect...you dont throw cautions in air like you do when you are young...that part becomes a little bit difficult😳

Edited by -Srushti- - 12 years ago
^^ I do agree k we become more cautious with age and our spontaneity gets curbed to a great extend where we don't allow ourselves to throw caution to the wind just to "be with someone". Our practical life takes over and our responsibilities, dare I say, shackle us to the real world. But then yaar, I do not think k we are actually LOOKING for a "throwing caution to the wind" type of romance when we get that mature anyways. At least not the kind that we dream about when we're in school or college. We don't just want a guy to sing a ballad for us or shower us with gift or just compliment us every moment - we want these thing ALONG with his sense of responsibility, the stability he offers and the partnership/companionship he offers! Just because he's a great charmer will NOT make us fall in love with him - we'll be attracted to him a bit, maybe even intrigued/infatuated with him.. But in the end, to fall in love, I think we will still look for those concrete qualities that we want in the guy we'd love. And I think those qualities will only be recognized doing the "mundane/unglamorous/simple-routines" in life.. I think those attributes will be noted in how he brings us take out when we're swamped with deadlines and can't leave work for dinner OR how he is there in the middle of the night with a cable to jump start your car when it's stalled on the side of the highway. How he's there to provide you with company/support when crisis hits home or how he's willing to talk to you about the "boring, grown up" stuff.

I think once you get old, love ALWAYS goes through the path of friendship. You don't look for "love at first sight" because that does not exist. You look for a more gradual and deeper form of relationship - and that comes with time and familiarity..
I can't help but remember my friend telling me long time back ki kaun 60-70 saal ke buddho ka love story dekhega when Bagbaan was to be released..agreed that bagbaan was different and didn't show AB-HM falling in love but they did show how love matures with age...They had these little innocuous things that we can see even in our parents...like dad's paper reading nad mom's continuous call for him to have Breakfast...Dad reminding mom to take BP medicine..

What i am saying is that i don't think that love has to always come with that sappy,pehela nasha pehela gumar kinda thing..it can be old as wine too...The show is yet to start so i don't know how they will show it..but the promos sure are promising..mY fav was that Snore vidieo thats singy of so many members already and that sabji marketing thing...hum bhi sambar-mirch free hi laatey hai..😆😛

So LTL dead and here we are back to ekta camp it seems...
Hello ladies 😆 Doobi hui naiya ki waja se everyone has landed up here! Nice! Ok Srush, like your post as usual, and I had the same feelings as you when I first heard about a love story for a middle aged couple after marriage. I have been wondering whether I'll be able to take their 'falling in love' process well considering their age, because lets be honest about it, most of us associate love stories with young people. But the promos are refreshing and what I like is the 'nok jhok' that is so cute! Yeah we might not get those things you mentioned, in this couple, BUT when someone falls in love, I guess glimpses of it will appear. It's difficult really like Shilpita said (If i remember correctly), it depends on how they show it. As for the criteria of love- I don't think there is one 😕 Ahh this topic requires too much thinking! I could do that with LTL!
Edited by neets_ltl - 12 years ago
I am actually looking forward to this show because of the subtleness I saw in the promos..and even a couple in their 30/40's guarantee that there will be no eyelocks/hotness/dream sequence etc🥱..I think it wont be a let down😊I think the theme of a MATURED love story makes the story kinda offbeat from the so called lowe stories we have on indian TV right now.😊
My experience has been that as we age and (hopefully) mature our expectations from love and our partners change. A girl who is 18 wants different things from her boyfriend vs a woman who is 38. But love is as beautiful at whichever age. I am curious to see how this show is handled as apparently Ekta waited for the leads for a long time unlike other shows.
LOL the entire LTL forum is here😆

That right there kinda answers your question too, Srushti...DN were a mature love story too even if they were younger than the characters in this show. The ppl that liked that are hoping to see a maturely dealt with love story here too.

For me personally, I want to see a mature love story without the trappings of the usual trip-catch, high on hormones romance all over TV...

Now I have no illusions...this is a Kekta show so it will have a lot of cliched stuff...but what I'm hoping for is that the fact that these two characters and actors are not from any angle the type that would fit into HAWT scenes...ESPECIALLY Ram at this point😆...that leaves less of a chance of those kind of nonsensical scenes to be shown.

And one more thing...there are many ways of showing passion and soul...most of TV takes the easy, cliched route with the standard sort of "passionate" scenes...but it all depends on how it is SHOWN...the characters in this case are in their 40s and 30s respectively...that doesn't mean that they are DEAD...that their life is OVER.

The idea that they are going with...that love has a funny and unexpected way of catching up with you when you least expect it and when you think that it's not for you anyways as you've settled into a rhythm of life...I like that thought...and that is the thought I hope to see explored nicely in this show...baaki toh Kekta MAAYI hi jaanein😆

Every show on TV right now anyways is about a love story after marriage...but this show is for now showing the possibility of different TREATMENT to that subject...exploring it in a softer, sweeter manner...to show a gradual growth to a relationship b/w two individuals...how a bond grows b/w two ppl...I don't think age is a bar to that any respect...not to me atleast...I'm curious to see how that is explored in this show. Plus knowing that we have two SUPERB actors in the leads gives me one satisfaction atleast that I won't be watching amateurish acting like the kind that abounds on TV in general these days.
Edited by nureat01 - 12 years ago
@ Srush, Azy n Ranjana...me three😛