Hollywood Movies & Stars

Lindsay Lohan admits to using drugs!

mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 18 years ago
Access Hollywood
Lindsay Lohan's mother, Dina, says that despite being hospitalized with breathing trouble, her daughter is doing well. "I don't think people understand how truly terrifying it is to have an asthma attack," Dina told OK! magazine. Lindsay, 19, collapsed and was admitted to Miami's Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami on Monday night amidst a severe asthma attack. Access Hollywood was with Lindsay on New Year's Eve, as she partied with her mom inside Miami's Prive nightclub, letting loose and even jumping behind the DJ booth. Earlier that day, Lindsay was sunbathing on the beach with her little sister and then made her way toward her hotel surrounded by adoring paparazzi. As Lindsay revealed in a recent candid interview with Vanity Fair, she has suffered from asthma since she was 2 years old. But this wasn't Lindsay's first hospitalization and she told Access Hollywood's Billy Bush that in 2004, asthma was only part of the problem.
PHOTO GALLERY
Lindsay Lohan Over The Years
"I was tired. I was having a bunch of asthma attacks that led up to that and I was going through a time where I was over-scheduling myself and not taking time for myself," she explained. "And instead of resting, sometimes I wanted to go out and hang with my friends and go to a club which probably wasn't the best thing to do." Vanity Fair's Evgenia Peretz spent several days with Lindsay and learned about the actress' publicized shrinking act. "When she got out of the hospital after shooting 'Herbie,' she had lost 15 pounds," Peretz told us. "She liked how she looked and she continued to lose weight and part of that included some bulimic episodes." Lindsay admitted she was making herself sick. "I think there's a lot of pressure, especially when you lose a lot of weight and then people are telling you that you look great, you're like 'What? Did I look fat before?'" Lindsay said. As it turns out, it was a trip to "Saturday Night Live" that turned Lindsay – and her health – around. In May 2005, Lindsay hosted "SNL" and even poked fun at her out of control lifestyle – but after the show, it was no laughing matter. "I had people sit me down and say 'You're going to die if you don't take care of yourself,'" Lindsay revealed. It was "SNL" executive producer Lorne Michaels, along with Tiny Fey (who worked with Lindsay on the 2004 comedy "Mean Girls"), who sat the teen star down for a candid conversation. "I just started bawling," Lindsay told Vanity Fair. "I knew I had a problem and I couldn't admit it." Just last year in W magazine, Lindsay said she was confronted by a doctor who asked the star "Are you anorexic? Are you making yourself throw up? Are drugs involved?" "Are you saying this because you've read it in magazines, because I don't," Lindsay responded to the doctor. But now, she is admitting to some drug use in the new Vanity Fair article. "She did admit that she has done drugs, but when we really got into talking about specifics she became extremely rattled about it and it is obviously a very touchy subject for her," Peretz told Access. Most likely because of the problem Lindsay claims her father had with cocaine. "It's kind of a sore subject," Lindsay said. "I've lost a family member over it, practically."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pinkstarrs_9 thumbnail

poor lindsay 😭 so confused 😭

thanx anyways 😊

pink😊

AnGeLeYeZz thumbnail
aww poor lindsay i loved her wen she was little, i hope she gets over all this drama , and gets back on track 😊 thankz
hazelgirl thumbnail
thanx πŸ˜›
poor lindsay 😭 😭 😭
Yorkie thumbnail
Thanxx for the article..I feel so sorry for her.