A breath of fresh air or old wine in new bottle?

Neha_S thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago

I have been watched Star One for so long that I got tired of meaningless humor, eyelocks and crazy antics of the main leads.I gave up ALL THE SHOWS and now am watching NOTHING

However I am back with BALTH for the two main leads are brilliant actors. I am waiting to see Parvati Bhabi in a new avator. I am dying to watch Jai Walia fall in love againπŸ˜†- I 'm not the biggest fan of EK but the soap queen knows how to delivier a good storyline. I do realise that she would end up messing up but the start to any of her show is amazing. I skipped up on EK shows for so long till I watched Tere Liye. The starting phrase of TL still touches me a lot.
Moreover, the promos touched me. The simplicity of the scenes, the words they  spoke was so refreshing that I was intrigued. Not to mention the song they chose which is so sweet.

I am looking for a breath of fresh air in this bheer of over-dramatic, over-mushy soaps. Hope Ekta fulfils my wish.

What you think BALTH will be: a breath of fresh air or the same old geesa peeta story in a new bottle?

Leave your thoughts!

Love

Neha

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Fivr- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

The promos do lead us to believe that the show will indeed be excuted and portrayed in a different manner than regular Kekta Mai shows.. So I guess there is room to hope for something different - but having said that, this is Ekta we're talking about! πŸ€”

I guess most of us here are just expecting the worst but hoping for the best! πŸ˜†
yoyo2 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Fivr-

The promos do lead us to believe that the show will indeed be excuted and portrayed in a different manner than regular Kekta Mai shows.. So I guess there is room to hope for something different - but having said that, this is Ekta we're talking about! πŸ€”

I guess most of us here are just expecting the worst but hoping for the best! πŸ˜†

WORD >>>>>> I AGREE πŸ˜†,,, from biryani it could become khichdi,, lets go back to the record, just take KASAMH SE,, the show was at its peak,, aur phir ekta and her creatives ne show ko kiya se kiya banadiya,, no offence to ekta ofcourse, but i keep saying this over and over, let wait and watch,, hopefully the show will be as promising as the promo's
shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Promos are great .. Ekta is experimenting with a new flavor middle life  romance and less on teh side of saas bahu drama so it seems fresh ..
Although I have seen Kasam Se and Ram Kapoor  has a late marriage here ut maybe this  will be different when we see light hearted romance and some comedy also !
SuganthiS thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
The promos look really good and natural. It may be old wine in some ways but I hope its presented in a brand new bottle.

All shows have some similarity but at the end, its the actors, the screenplay and the subtlety with which the romance is potrayed that makes a show stand apart. Ram and Sakshi are superb actors and if the script supports them, I'm sure the show will be a breath of fresh air.

A serial based on the romance of older couples may not be so common and Ekta always has a good first year, at least, with most of her shows. So here's hoping for the best.😊 
Edited by SuganthiS - 12 years ago
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Promos look good..baaki toh depends on the execution. This is a Sony and EK show...so just keeping fingers crossed. πŸ€”
Dancingdoll thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I havent seen the promos but when I saw Ram Kapoor in the siggies and the picurization of the posters refreshing, I jumped to IF. I have missed RK since KS "ended for me" and he back on the small screen, not sure if I could have asked anything from the Telly God..

So, Why do I start on Television again after LTL -

1. RK, the best actoe tht god created in Indian Televsion history
2. The Title and feel good factor radiating from the posters of the two protaganist!!

RK - rock my world again and please loose few more pounds!!

Oh and yes - reciprocating mostof the ppl's sentiments here - I just realizes this is EK;'s show... EK, Plsss, Plsss, dont mess with this after few episodes!!!!

Edited by Dancingdoll - 12 years ago
shanti05 thumbnail
I hope during the show he will shell out some pounds..
I am sure Priya will say aapki photo puri nahi atti iphone ya black berry pay
The hint is enough that he needs to shell out some of his pounds πŸ˜†
poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Nice hint Shanti πŸ˜‰

As all of you said, the promos look good enough and being an Ekta show, the story will be good till a certain point.
So lets watch and enjoy, hopefully.
shanti05 thumbnail
They should use the Pavitra Rishta technique here if the show drags get new plots before people say good bye or any show for that matter..

coin your agenda well for a show, see some real life experences with respect to people leading suc lives. Research and goggle for ideas and bring in intelligent plots to keep the viewers on their toes for the show to be successful !

Also they need to have strong support system in terms of other actors also in the show since  the main leads are there but with them others also give good power for a successful show !