shrutireddygr8 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

It was after a long time that I went on a junket for the launch of a serial. I must say that it was a good break from my routine. Sony had organised a two-day trip to Agra for the launch of their forthcoming fiction show Bade Acche Laggte Hai...Ye Dharti, Ye Nadiya, Ye Raina, Aur Tum produced by Ekta Kapoor. The serial was already in the news for its lead stars Ram Kapoor and Sakshi Tanwar who are supposed to be making a comeback to TV in a big way. When I mentioned that to Ram and Sakshi, they were incredulous. "How can you say that it's a comeback? I anchored Rakhi Ka Swayamvar and before that had participated in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa," questioned Ram, while Sakshi said that she had recently played an important negative role in Balika Vadhu.

While they have got a point there, it's equally true that neither has been able to recreate the magic of their iconic roles — Ram as Jai Walia in Kasamh Se... and Sakshi as Parvati in Kahaanii Ghar Ghar Kii. Now, Bade Acche..has all the ingredients required to put the duo back on top of the TRPs. While Ram plays a ruthless enterpreneur with no time for love, Sakshi is a happy-go-lucky woman who is content with wherever life leads her. The duo has an arranged marriage like most Indian couples do and fall in love after tying the knot. That's the hook with which Sony is hoping to catch the viewers, read women. Love is one emotion that makes most women dreamy and mushy. No wonder, the channel thought of launching the show against the backdrop of the ultimate symbol of love — the Taj Mahal. Though I had seen the marble beauty more than a decade ago, I was as mesmerised by it as I was the first time. That it was built by a king as a memento of love for his wife made it more romantic.

Read more: http://www.indianexpress.com/news/Love-notes/795292/

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Thanks Shruti for the article.

Let's see what Ekta offers to her viewers i.e. the women and whether it will be worthwhile or not?