Being overweight is a blessing for me: RK

shrutireddygr8 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

At a time when every actor is sweating it out to get that perfect body, actor Ram Kapoor is quite happy about being on the plus side.

The 37-year-old actor, who shot to fame with Ekta Kapoor's Ghar Ek Mandir, said that he does not mind being overweight as it has proved to be a blessing for him.

"When I was fit and weighed normal, I didn't get work. Now I am a sought after actor. People are writing roles especially for me. I am getting to do all that I ever wanted to do and I am not complaining. I consider myself belonging to the same genre as Boman Irani, Irfan Khan and Anupam Kher," Ram said.

The actor, who met tremendous success with another Balaji production Kasamh Se, will be seen romancing television's favourite 'bahu' Sakshi Tanwar in the production house's newest offering Bade Acche Laggte Hai.

He plays a middle aged tycoon who falls in love after marriage. Ram said the role was written keeping him in mind and Ekta refused to start the show with anyone other than him.

"Ekta wrote the script keeping me in mind. She offered the role some years back but I had refused then as I was busy with films.

"She waited for almost 3 years for me to say yes. This is the biggest compliment for me as an actor. It would be stupid to say 'no'," said the actor, who was recently in Agra for the launch of the show.

He achieved fame through shows by Ekta's Balaji Telefilms but Ram said that he is not the blue-eyed boy of the soap queen but does share a great rapport with her.

"I am not really her blue-eyed boy. Ekta likes working with me because she knows me inside out. We share an amazing relationship," said the actor.

Ram, who has won accolades for his performance in the film Udaan, will be seen sharing screen space with Bollywood biggies in Karan Johar's Short Term Shaadi and Saif Ali Khan's Agent Vinod this year.

"Udaan opened new avenues for me. I get film roles which are written with me in mind. In my next two films I play a Russian mob boss and a Las Vegas based real estate king. Both the roles are unique and pivotal and will add new dimension to my career," he said.

The actor hosted the wedding reality show Swayamvar on Imagine TV for the first two seasons but has opted out of its third edition because of date issues.

"I wanted to host Swayamvar season 3 but unfortunately the dates clashed with my other commitments. But people will get to see me as I am very much a part of the show," he said.

Source: http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report_being-overweight-is-a-blessing-in-disguise-for-me-ram-kapoor_1547747

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Angel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Good for him and it's always nice to know that some people are comfortable in their own skin however it's.
Dancingdoll thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I really want him to shed some pounds... Not saying get fit or anything but atleast get into the shape that he was in, in his introductory episode of Kasamh Se! He looked dashing then even with his extra flabs!

Its a hanging garden now!!!
Edited by Dancingdoll - 12 years ago
Fishfish thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Well Ram, all I can say I would love you more if you are bit leaner.  I am not asking you to get 6 packs or 8 packs but then the names you have taken are much more fitter than you.  Regarding you not getting work then I can only add then and now the TV and Film Industry in India has seen some remarkable change.  Nobody can take away your talent but you should not let go of your health...pata chala kaam hai but you cannot work since you are not fit because being overweight ultimately means many ailments catch you faster than they should...

Dancingdoll thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: tintiny

Well Ram, all I can say I would love you more if you are bit leaner.  I am not asking you to get 6 packs or 8 packs but then the names you have taken are much more fitter than you.  Regarding you not getting work then I can only add then and now the TV and Film Industry in India has seen some remarkable change.  Nobody can take away your talent but you should not let go of your health...pata chala kaam hai but you cannot work since you are not fit because being overweight ultimately means many ailments catch you faster than they should...

Exactly my sentiments...
It will always be a pleasure to see him on the screen but I want to keep seeing him on the screen... Health should not be the reason why a such a talent should go waste!!!

Should steal all the chicken from his house!! 😉😆
poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Nice thought Shruti about stealing all the chickens from his house. 😃

I agree with Tintiny to some extent - we are not basically asking him to beef up or anything. Just being a bit more leaner and fitter would definitely help.
_SilentSoul_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I think that the thing that matters the most is his skill and he's such a great actor!! 😃
divan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I know tin says he should make health as priority for losing weight but the fact is that he has been required to be a teddybear in some roles.  Imagine him with few kilos off, would he have been able to look like Amrita's dad in Mr Kalakar.  We have no idea how his other characters in the other movie are written but I would have hoped since Mahee is about Alzheimer's (trying to educate the wider audience of this tragic disease) that he would have been required to shed a few kilos.

I do think that RK is reaching that age where he needs to pay attention to his health as risk of Diabetes, BP increases.  Talent is there, its obvious even in small roles that he has done and at some point he should let that get him work then his his overweight looks.
Fishfish thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Kantaben, Exactly...Aamir is putting on and losing weights whenever he wants as per his roles, RK should also do that, for me being overwiehgt is being just being lazy...you have to lose it, a proper diet and some exercise will do wonders!!
shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
No worries Ram Priya will  help you shed some weight
I can just imagine a dialogue from her
Ram "Priya  Mai iss tasveer mai kyun nahi hoon sirf mera haat dikh raha hai "

Priya
" Lagtha hai camera mai zoom feature has reached its max !!"

The look Priya will give him he will understand that he needs to get in a little shape to and ghar kya gym mai he will start walking on the thread mill @ 5 am in the morning !!!

He is cute but I would defiantly wish he sheds some weight !