Bade Acche Laggte Hai

And so the journey begins ...

poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

Ok the first episode is finally being aired.

Well what's our opinion about it?

The opening of the Show is pretty predictable - Ram is the arrogant businessman, ruthless in his decisions but is a mushy heart when it comes to his family, so much so that he can put everything else on hold. His family rules his life. But it is somewhat apparent that he is the step son. His Mother doesn't hesitate to call him when she is in need but refuses to accord any warmth to him when he returns home, after having made the requisite preparements.

Priya is a dreaamer but a loner in her own world - she also dotes on her sister and doesn't think any ill of her Mom who clearly overlooks her elder daughter in favour  of her model younger daughter.

The glamour side of the two families is very apparent but the way the loneliness of the two characters have been very well portrayed. Though there is stark difference between the two characters, both are bound by the same thread - that of loving their families immensely but feeling neglected and ignored nevertheless. The struggle between their heads and hearts have been shown beautifully  -wherein their heads can understand the level of neglect, but their hearts refuse to believe that their own families would choose to behave like that with them and make them feel unwanted.

Probably this is the thread which will weave the necklace of their relationship, and every emotion and experience they share together will be like a pearl on that thread.
It's almost as if these two characters are destined to meet and love and respect each other.

Let's hope BT doesn't mess this one royally.
Edited by poetic - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NIDIZ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Beautiful Written..
I liked the connection btw the leads.There bond wuld grow becoz they are loner..!!
The families shown has been portrayed very well. But still I found a differences in Love for Priya..Her Mom does love her..but desires in life to achieve what she always dream of..She also desires to see Priya married..and that can only happened if her younger daughter wins the Crown..
 On the other side Ram is more loner ..He all has with Him is his Friend..who wants him to get settle down..
Atleast seen in 1st episode..  I really hope that he has some one in family like Priya has her Dad..to care for him..to support him..!!
As of the 1st episode It did went through my expectation..!!
poetic thumbnail
Thanks Nidhiz. I agree with the difference that you mentioned. At least Priya's family had some warmth in their dealings with her, liked the way her Dad called her to inform that Ayesha has been selected as one of the top 20 contestants. Her Mother is genuinely concerned about her.

In contrast, Ram's family esp. his Mom seems like Cruella with no  warm feelings towards her elder son. The only reason for their attachment is probably money. Have to wait to see about his interactions with his siblings.
Sonia51 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
It is Balaji, some predictability is expected. But over all a good episode
maris08 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Poetic
You have summed it up right. The beginning is like the big bang, arresting and riveting us all.The opening encopasses the very core and nature of all the characters in the show, giving us a clear cut idea of how things are going to shape up in future. waiting for the drama to unfold.
BTW whats ur name?
khushboo2006 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Beautifully summed up👏...I also hope that this time around BT is not going to make a mess with this show😕
Sphallolalia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Very well written, Poetic👏
Looking forward to more posts from you as the show unfolds :)
poetic thumbnail
Yes Sonia, it's balaji so some kind of predictability is there.

@Maris - The beginning is what it is supposed to be. If some element of interest is not built up in the first epi itself, at least to some extent, people become listless and a bit disassociated.

I liked the way both the characters were shown to be human - even after having everything, yet thy feel they are lonely or incomplete at some level.
BTW, my name's Rachna. And you are?

@Khusboo - Yes I am also praying that B doesn't mess this up and proceeds with the story so sensibly. And those flashy parties should be kept to a minimum, there's nothing new and novel about them.

@trinket - Thanks Dear. Will surely try to participate more since the Show is on my View Radar now. 😆
maris08 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Rachna nice name. Am Maris . Its an acronym of my first,middle and last name.I always go by Maris for all friends.
aachus thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
nicely written...really want to see the serial